• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The end of Roger Goodell?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they do. The league deserves it.
yup

every team they practice in preseason, document everything.

investigate teams at their facilities...open season.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

every team they practice in preseason, document everything.

investigate teams at their facilities...open season.

That would suck for the Pats. Could you imagine what else they'd be caught doing??

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please. We all know the Pat's cheated.

I don't think the punishment matches the proof. But everyone in the league knows this wasn't "willy nilly". He came down HARD on the only franchise in the league that has shown a repeated pattern of immoral behavior.

Like I said: there are 31 of 32 owners that are probably pretty happy about the punishment that was just handed out. I personally would have liked to see more proof....but EVERYONE knows, even Pat fans, that they bent the rules in a playoff game. That just can't stand without serious repercussions.

agree....lets be real.....kraft doesnt have the power to single handedly remove Godell...Lots of teams have been pinched for things...Powerful owners...Jones, Snyder, Blank.....but through it all...Godell stillhas a job...He makes money for the league hand over fist, and Kraft can't get enough backing to get Godell gone.....as stated above...those owners are probably glad that he put the hammer down on Kraft and the habitual Cheating organization

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) The NFL network was launched in 2003. Guess who wasn't the commissioner...:pound:

And it was set to be a $100M failure until the NFL under Goodell, knowing it would likely lose its lawsuits, took on the cable companies by doing and end run around them and having their fanbase badger the cable companies into submission.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was set to be a $100M failure until the NFL under Goodell, knowing it would likely lose its lawsuits, took on the cable companies by doing and end run around them and having their fanbase badger the cable companies into submission.

You are giving a lot of undeserved credit to Goodell here. For 67% of his reign NFL Newtork wasn't even shown on Time Warner, the 2nd biggest provider in the country.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah people rag on Goodell but everything he has touched has been absolutely gold.

I agree with most of your points, but not quite everything he touched has been gold. He failed miserably with the handling of the referee labor dispute.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt that NFL redzone?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many solid points.
-------
You DID offer many solid points, but two things remain--Brady apparently knew about deflatagate and he lied about it as well. IMO, his penalty should at the very least be twice what it is. And I don't really care how many other QBs have done this.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
You DID offer many solid points, but two things remain--Brady apparently knew about deflatagate and he lied about it as well. IMO, his penalty should at the very least be twice what it is. And I don't really care how many other QBs have done this.

good lord, you're one of the crazies.

i think 1-2 games for brady was fine.

this is all about the refusal to cooperate and NOT the infraction itself.

oddly, the chargers (2012) were caught by refs, in game, using a towel slathered in stickum (WR coach)...they REFUSED to turn over this towel (which was on video as well, game feed).

not one person suspended. no one looked at rivers. picks were what, a second rounder?

thats my biggetst issue...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the league at the height of American sports and the NFL is making loads of money. He does his job of taking the heat off of the owners.

Besides some bad calls on disciplinary action he hasn't mucked up the game. If the players union bargained better he wouldn't have this much power but that point is moot. Don't fuck up and you won't feel the wrath of Rog :noidea:

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oddly, the chargers (2012) were caught by refs, in game, using a towel slathered in stickum (WR coach)...they REFUSED to turn over this towel (which was on video as well, game feed).

not one person suspended. no one looked at rivers. picks were what, a second rounder?

-------
The BIGGEST issue is that from top to bottom this organization repeatedly has gotten caught cheating. You know I get the mindset that "everybody does it". But when you get caught, don't whine don't bitch own up to it and move on. And while it will barely make a dent in his fortune, I hope the suspension is without pay.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is one of these guys Rock?

11218526_10104571710063415_8884058715209385488_n.jpg

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"the NFL...integrity of the game is important to us...hey, what concussions?"
Concussions are a side effect of playing football. Winning Lombardi trophies is a side effect of cheating in football games.

Have you ordered your deer antler spray for the extreme amount of butt hurt that you're experiencing? I, along with the rest of the Hoop, surely do hope it arrives soon to remedy your situation.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say it's not the infraction itself, but I think you view it differently then most NFL( non Pats fans). You think the infraction is letting air out of the ball, big deal...right? That's not the infraction in my eyes. It's not liking a stupid rule, so you decide it's OK to break it. It's the fact that Brady feels it's OK to break a rule if he thinks it stupid. Think about it, Brady didn't see anything wrong with telling the equipment guys to let air out after they were checked, at least right up to when the shit hit the fan.
Can anyone tell me why Brady just didn't ask Kraft to have the rule changed? I'm pretty sure Kraft could of had it changed easy, because it's a stupid rule. Who would insist it stays in place?
Bottom line is no one should be tampering with equipment, when there is a rule in place saying must be up to these specs.
I really feel Brady should be taking the brunt of the penalty and he's not getting the brunt, he's being let off easy. A year would of been about right in my eyes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree--the commissioner was too soft on Brady. He should have suspended him for a full season.
On what grounds? Seriously. The fine for tampering with balls is supposed to be 25K. So what you're saying is since he more than probably had knowledge of it he should be suspened for a year? The fine even if he had knowledge, which I believe he did is still only 25K. Or 300K if you penalize for each ball?

Ok, or you are saying that the cover up and lieing is worth a year? Please we need to get over this holier then though crap. I'm not defending Brady. But a year for lieing? So if the league wants to be fair do you have any idea how many people will now be suspended for a year? Or do you think no one lies?

So keeping it in perspective 4 games is more than enough for lieing IMHO. 1 million easily surpasses the 25K. Plus two draft picks. Yeah he was too soft on him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing your time is consumed with spreading anti-Patriots propaganda for page views?

:yes:

And "hits" too.

Damn, I sure wish you guise hadn't figured me out. I'm wicked exposed now.