• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles made a mockery of the NFL last night

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night the Eagles showed the rest of the league just how unprofessional an organization they are. With playoff implications on the line they literally threw in the towel and played only 3/4ths of a game despite the game having very serious implications.

This is PROFESSIONAL football. Teams and players are expected to conduct themselves professionally. Yesterday, you had teams literally playing for nothing in the Pats/Jets game but both teams left their starters in the entire game and competed. They gave fans what they paid for. The jaguars played hard the entire game even though it was meaningless to them because they recognize that they are professionals. The Eagles on the other hand made a mockery of themselves and the league by simply giving up and not playing hard for the entire game.

They are by far the biggest joke in the NFL today. The league should dock them a draft pick and give them a fine for what they displayed in a very meaningful game played on national television.
Its not the Eagles coach's job to help the NY Giants. Its his job to help the Eagles. In a meaningless game for the Eagles, why expose Hurts to injury? If the Giants wanted to be in the playoffs, they should have won one more game or beat the Eagles when they had a double-digit 4th quarter lead when they played them earlier.
If the Eagles coach wanted to see the backup play before he keeps or cuts him next year, that's OK. Wentz surely will not be back so he legitimately might have wanted to see what he had in this other dude.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Hurts is probably not the answer for Philly. he looks mediocre at best.
Better RB perhaps, tho he did throw a few accurate passes that surprised

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 20 passes, Hurts had a 35% completion rate. Maybe Pederson really did bench him because he sucks.
Perhaps. Tho some credit should be given to my squads D in all this talk.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more than just the sudfield play...

How about when they had 1st and goal late in the third quarter, they ran the ball to get there, and then they throw on second and third down, and then go for the 4th down, where they once again throw...

If you plan on going for 4th down, you run the ball to give yourself less to work with... especially when you have a QB and an offense that seems to be a run first offense...

The situation they put themselves in, they should not have gone for the 4th down... but again if they did, i would want to see a better play call than just a simple pass...

also, at the end the players felt that the coaching was tanking, that encroachment play just showed how the players were losing heart....

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington knows they can't win in the playoffs.
They were the ones trying to tank.

By losing, the Eagles stayed at #6 instead of #9.
If Washington had lost they would have been at #13 and now they get at least #19.

It was really just a lousy effort by both teams.

As for Giants fans.....

family jewels pain GIF

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not the Eagles coach's job to help the NY Giants. Its his job to help the Eagles. In a meaningless game for the Eagles, why expose Hurts to injury? If the Giants wanted to be in the playoffs, they should have won one more game or beat the Eagles when they had a double-digit 4th quarter lead when they played them earlier.
If the Eagles coach wanted to see the backup play before he keeps or cuts him next year, that's OK. Wentz surely will not be back so he legitimately might have wanted to see what he had in this other dude.

thats what exhibition season is for. That’s not what professionals do. Other teams around the league played their starters the entire game as well. If they were worried about Hurts getting injured then why play him at all? Why announce before the game that you’re gonna play the third string QB. Think about that for a second! The other teams KNOWS that you will sit your starting QB in the second half. Don’t you think that alters how they play the game?!?!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a sport, with grown men paid millions upon millions to play a kid's game. grow the fuck up.

its a PROFESSIONAL sport. I didn’t think you’d get that distinction.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many teams across many different sports have effectively thrown in the towel at the end of their seasons. A lot of players will be out of contract and for them it's purely about avoiding injury. It isn't something that can be eradicated but few sports outside of North America 'reward' teams for doing badly at the end of a season. Pointing a finger at the Eagles smacks of a personal agenda.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington knows they can't win in the playoffs.
They were the ones trying to tank.

By losing, the Eagles stayed at #6 instead of #9.
If Washington had lost they would have been at #13 and now they get at least #19.

It was really just a lousy effort by both teams.

As for Giants fans.....

family jewels pain GIF

eagles fans love their timberland boots. They shoulda used those to kick the giants in the nuts...

8F72D401-3ECD-402D-8637-294BA94ACB1B.jpeg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On NBC Sports Philly’s postgame show, Eagles great Seth Joyner said, “I’ve never been more ashamed to be associated with the Philadelphia Eagles than I am tonight.”

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many teams across many different sports have effectively thrown in the towel at the end of their seasons. A lot of players will be out of contract and for them it's purely about avoiding injury. It isn't something that can be eradicated but few sports outside of North America 'reward' teams for doing badly at the end of a season. Pointing a finger at the Eagles smacks of a personal agenda.

I watched a lot of games yesterday and I didn’t see any other 3rd string QBs just casually enter the game when it was close.

The eagles made a mockery of the NFL yesterday... in prime time no less.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but I wouldn't say personal agenda, especially when the game was on prime time tv and was the LAST game of the regular season... of course people will talk about it...

But sure, giant fans and ANTI Tom Brady fans will of course be more upset...

At least we get to watch another Chase young game... say the WFT sucks... But the one thing you cant say is Chase young is not fun to watch...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure the Eagles threw the game. I just think their head coach and team are this bad and now next year the cap problems begin.

I think It's glorious

how i met your mother awww GIF

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been way worse tanks in the NFL in the last decade than the Eagles last night.

6-10 teams dont get to bitch about other teams not doing a good enough job of playing hard enough to get them into the playoffs.