• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft is over. The tank commences. Mariners in to take 3 from your new Texas Rangers 7/30-8/1

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see how anybody can buy what JD is selling anymore.
No, who can? But better than that, how can the owners put up with him?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spite of what the owners and FO has blown, we still have some positives ahead. We keep hearing about how good our young guys are performing ( Fosque Jung Crim etc ). Just signed our #2 pick in the draft. Have money for FA's and a new stadium which should make it easier to attract players.
Before the ink dries, someone will see nothing but negative mostly because you are mad. Well I am not pleased at what happened with FO but it ain't over. Just take a little longer but we have pieces to suggest it is coming.
It takes wisdom to know which prospects to keep and which to not keep. It takes wisdom to know which free agents to go after and how to negotiate to get them. That wisdom is controlled by philosophies about the sport, about talent, and about techniques. I have very little trust in the front office's philosophies and wisdom.

This team will never achieve greatness until a clean sweep has been made of ownership, upper management, and field management. It is not about being mad. It is about being beat over the head, over and over and over again, about the realities of their ineptness.

Personally, I give up.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, who can? But better than that, how can the owners put up with him?
he does what they want which is keep the payroll down don't bring any expensive players and don't worry about ever being competitive

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spite of what the owners and FO has blown, we still have some positives ahead. We keep hearing about how good our young guys are performing ( Fosque Jung Crim etc ). Just signed our #2 pick in the draft. Have money for FA's and a new stadium which should make it easier to attract players.
Before the ink dries, someone will see nothing but negative mostly because you are mad. Well I am not pleased at what happened with FO but it ain't over. Just take a little longer but we have pieces to suggest it is coming.

good point.

the rebuild was always going to include this draft and the next one, which means a couple years of prospect development no matter what. Let's see who rises to the top.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone believe that JD and the owners took the best offers for Gallo, Gibson etc?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the owners and FO follow previous patterns and start unloading our top prospects for “JD’s can’t fail vets”

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone believe that JD and the owners took the best offers for Gallo, Gibson etc?

the Gallo trade I can accept. No way they could have known Friday would be as crazy as it was, and no guarantees they could have gotten a better haul.

I'll never believe they couldn't get better for Gibson/Kennedy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They messed up with Minor, Gallo, Gibson, and Kennedy. They messed up by trading for Lowe. They messed up the draft after Leiter. Failed trades and a bad draft really makes for a bad outlook.

They are following a prescription for a decade of ineptness, and that doesn't include the time they wasted by waiting too long to rebuild, In the first place. They are not rebuilding wisely at all. This is not the way you rebuild.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, my disappointment has nothing to do with the present club's record. I have always been ready to accept a few down years in order to rebuild properly.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Gallo trade I can accept. No way they could have known Friday would be as crazy as it was, and no guarantees they could have gotten a better haul.

I am a bit the other way. I wish they started rebuild sooner. Dealt or extended Gallo sooner. To me this was shortsighted. Hate to lose Crouse but from what I have read injury and approach has lowered his ceiling so MAYBE this trade works out with a middle of rotation SP

Can see how the disgust could be generated and do think I would have been happier to see trade with Padres picking up Hosmer contract
But likely eating that amount of money was not preferred

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They messed up with Minor, Gallo, Gibson, and Kennedy. They messed up by trading for Lowe. They messed up the draft after Leiter. Failed trades and a bad draft really makes for a bad outlook.

They are following a prescription for a decade of ineptness, and that doesn't include the time they wasted by waiting too long to rebuild, In the first place. They are not rebuilding wisely at all. This is not the way you rebuild.
They did get to flip vets regardless of what they got which is subject of contention

new stadium I think delayed the rebuild which was a business decision vs a baseball one

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe that the days prior to Friday they got better offers and I for one would have taken one of them but as usual JD gambled and lost

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it is not. personally I wonder just how hard they tried or how serious they are. When you give up 2 quality veteran pitchers and a quality prospect for a questionable non performing to expected standards pitcher and 2 low level prospects who will probably never see a ML roster you need to go

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did get to flip vets regardless of what they got which is subject of contention

new stadium I think delayed the rebuild which was a business decision vs a baseball one
The rebuild should have been started after the 2013 season and would have been completed by the time the new stadium was here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are airing grievances, I think they have up on Tyler Phillips too soon.

The organization that kept Michael Kirkman around for 10 seasons gives up on Crouse after less than 4 years and Phillips after less than 6 years.

Last edited:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rebuild should have been started after the 2013 season and would have been completed by the time the new stadium was here.
They better have a rebuilt team by the time Leiter gets here. No way you want a struggling team unable to score when he pitches. Too much pressure on the kid.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season thus far has proven we need consistent hitters with decent power. Let us hope some of the new prospects can add help in this area.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better have a rebuilt team by the time Leiter gets here. No way you want a struggling team unable to score when he pitches. Too much pressure on the kid.
In about 7 or 8 years he will be traded in a Gallo-like trade.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season thus far has proven we need consistent hitters with decent power. Let us hope some of the new prospects can add help in this area.
But we keep losing so we can get that #1 draft pick next year which JD will somehow screw that up ;)