• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft I would hope for

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a month ago i would have been very happy with benji as our pick

but at this point i find it very hard to swallow he is the best value on the board at 34

if he is so be it but you have to target needs and if value is there you make the pick

ribeye , compton , hurst , gettis all have had 2 years to make a push and so far none has

you build a team at the LOS on both sides of the ball . we wont address all our needs in this off season

i dont know why we need a 4th wr who doesnt play special teams on our team[/QUOTE]

Maybe because we dont have a single healthy WR capable of doing anything more than special teams that is over 6 foot tall? Just a thought mind you. And before you say Hank, he is injured. And Gettis is a camp body.

do i need that at 34?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant get that at 3 ,4 or 5 ?

Actually NO you cant. The best you get in the 3rd 4th or 5th is likely a Coleman who is Not on the same level as a Benjamin. Sure you could get a big body. But not one who you can line up any place on the field. Not one who is a consistent threat, not only in the redzone, but any time you put him on the field. Benjamin would come in as a starter on close to 40% of the teams in the league. Coleman... not so much. Sure you can get a tall WR in the later rounds, but not one who you could expect to rotate in from day one and contribute.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Benjamin is a starter on 40% of the teams in the league then why would he be there in the 2nd round? You are way too high on him Shark. It looks like Benjamin is going to be there when we pick.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins have met with Brandon Coleman and some scouts have him going as early as late 2nd round

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS doesn't even have him in the top 10 of the WR rankings. They guys stock is dropping Shark. Please admit that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pick 34 is going to be Van Noy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Benjamin is a starter on 40% of the teams in the league then why would he be there in the 2nd round? You are way too high on him Shark. It looks like Benjamin is going to be there when we pick.

If Moses is such a stud, why would he be there at 34?? Simple answer on both of them... Teams will be drafting for need over talent in alot of cases. Some one will draft a OT because they need it more than a WR. Some one will draft a safety over a WR because they need it more. I would prefeer we complete the WR position this year and if NEED be, draft the OT next year when we actually have a first round pick instead of forcing the OT pick out of perceived need.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pick 34 is going to be Van Noy.

Again why?? Do we NOT have some one capable of starting at ILB on roster?? If you are going to target a need, it should be a need you actually dont have filled in any way shape or form.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses is not going to be there at 34.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy looks like BPA and gives us insurance if RAK leaves. I like Attachou personally but Van Noy is more versatile. He can play every LB spot.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again why?? Do we NOT have some one capable of starting at ILB on roster?? If you are going to target a need, it should be a need you actually dont have filled in any way shape or form.

Shark, based on this definition, where do we have a need? ILB is a definite need as is S, G and T. We may have bodies to play, but they are short term bandaids. The ideal situation is to draft a good S or ILB this year, let them work in gradually over the course of the season and expect them to be a starter next year. Kinda what we did with Amerson.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman measured 6-foot-6 and 225 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.
He's the biggest receiver in Indy. Coleman took a step back in 2013 while playing through a knee injury, but posted 20 touchdowns over his three-year career at Rutgers and has the raw talent to develop into a quality possession receiver. Coleman received a third-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, based on this definition, where do we have a need? ILB is a definite need as is S, G and T. We may have bodies to play, but they are short term bandaids. The ideal situation is to draft a good S or ILB this year, let them work in gradually over the course of the season and expect them to be a starter next year. Kinda what we did with Amerson.

j_y... thing is we have three young safetys that we should be grooming up. We have three still young guards we should be grooming up. We have Compton and Hurt who were also labeled as tackles. I will throw you a bone at ILB as we really dont have anything there past one year stop gaps maybe. But our top three WRs are all shorter than my 16 year old daughter (yes I do doubt that she is actually mine at 6'2") our only healthy WR above 6 foot is a camp body special teams guy in Gettis. So yes i would consider a WR with siz who is more than a three year project as a need.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman measured 6-foot-6 and 225 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.
He's the biggest receiver in Indy. Coleman took a step back in 2013 while playing through a knee injury, but posted 20 touchdowns over his three-year career at Rutgers and has the raw talent to develop into a quality possession receiver. Coleman received a third-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.

Most mocks have him as a 4th (generous) or later pick. In a full year more of playing time Coleman managed one more TD than Benjamin. Not even remotely in the same league.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y... thing is we have three young safetys that we should be grooming up. We have three still young guards we should be grooming up. We have Compton and Hurt who were also labeled as tackles. I will throw you a bone at ILB as we really dont have anything there past one year stop gaps maybe. But our top three WRs are all shorter than my 16 year old daughter (yes I do doubt that she is actually mine at 6'2") our only healthy WR above 6 foot is a camp body special teams guy in Gettis. So yes i would consider a WR with siz who is more than a three year project as a need.

I agree on the G and T young guys, that's why I'm not feeling desperate to draft high at those positions. However, we have one young guy at S that may be a starter. Rambo did not impress me last year. His weaknesses are serious. Gomes is not nor ever will be a starter. Thomas may have starter potential. But we still need one more. I agree at WR and as I've stated, if we draft Benjamin at 34, I'm fine with it. But if we draft Moses at 34, I'm also fine with it. Both of those players have the potential to be difference makers at their positions. That's what we want with our pick at 34. A player can be a solid, consistent producer at their position for the next 8-10 years. I don't really care what the position is. We have enough holes that we can use that caliber player at about 5 or 6 positions including CB and C).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the G and T young guys, that's why I'm not feeling desperate to draft high at those positions. However, we have one young guy at S that may be a starter. Rambo did not impress me last year. His weaknesses are serious. Gomes is not nor ever will be a starter. Thomas may have starter potential. But we still need one more. I agree at WR and as I've stated, if we draft Benjamin at 34, I'm fine with it. But if we draft Moses at 34, I'm also fine with it. Both of those players have the potential to be difference makers at their positions. That's what we want with our pick at 34. A player can be a solid, consistent producer at their position for the next 8-10 years. I don't really care what the position is. We have enough holes that we can use that caliber player at about 5 or 6 positions including CB and C).

For the most part I agree. I just think every one is so down on the line that Moses is a bit of a mulligan pick. I can agree we might need a safety. But I think rambo is a bit better than we saw last year.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combine Results: Kevin Benjamin vs. Brandon Coleman
Height Weight Arms Hands 40 10-yard split Bench Vertical 3-cone
Kevin Benjamin 6'5" 240 34 7/8" 10 1/4" 4.61 1.62 13 32 1/2" 7.33
Brandon Coleman 6'6'' 225 34" 9 1/4" 4.56 1.63 21 32 1/2" 7.33 NFL.com

Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin and Texas A&M's Mike Evans were immensely productive targets on successful, high-profile teams in 2013 with, arguably, the two most well-known signal-callers in the country—Jameis Winston and Johnny Manziel.
The tallest wideout at the Under Armour Olympics was Rutgers' Brandon Coleman, a pass-catcher who received passes thrown by Gary Nova and Chas Dodd—not exactly Heisman Trophy-caliber quarterbacks.