• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The disaster continues

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought was that Gee spotted some new tatoos. Money makes sense also.

After all the payouts to players disclosed last year, no team has been punished...only players. I don't expect anything different for WVU. A couple of boosters will be banned and everything will be swept under the rug.

It is really about time that the NCAA lets players profit off of their own images. An education is great, but money is doled out anyway. Keep it above the table for the good of the sport.
It's a little frustrating to me really. I can usually get to the root of things. But not this time. It's all hush-hush. Even old friends won't talk about it. Even with beer. lol

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the likely theory I got involved theft from the team, of all places. I have no real backing though. I think this one is going to go down with nothing more than unsubstantiated rumors. We'll hear a lot of stories and never the truth.

Sweep it under the rug and move on.

One thing for certain is that if you let these guys get paid some for a commercial appearance, there is less incentive to steal or take money under the table.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweep it under the rug and move on.

One thing for certain is that if you let these guys get paid some for a commercial appearance, there is less incentive to steal or take money under the table.

That's what I'm talking about!...these kids should be able to make money if its there for them to get it in a legitimate way.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I finally got to the bottom of the Harris and Ahmed problems. It was MULTIPLE infractions. Some criminal, potentially felonious. Theft and resell of team property was part of it. But... It seems they both got hooked on narcotics. They were raising money to keep the coke, oxy, whatever, flowing. Not sure if it will affect the program , but I imagine dismissing the players will be enough.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How sad is that? Hope they both work through their demons.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How sad is that? Hope they both work through their demons.
West Virginia does lead the country at drug abuse. It shouldn't surprise us considering how prevalent the problem has become. And yes, that is sad.