• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The disaster continues

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure this is part of his master plan....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable...this is now a Dumpster Fire..

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen worse. I'm glad Huggins is cleaning it up, even if it is late. I'm sure we all remember Jonathan Hargett.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be quite the shock for Huggins. Well... he was all set to fix it anyways.

I can’t wait to see how many of our Mountaineers get dumped in the next month to make room for their replacements.

You know the locker room chemistry has to be solid right now. Each kid looking at his teammate wondering...”is it me or you?”

Great stuff....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate that this happened at THIS point of the season. I wish both could have finished the year then if/when changes are going to happen so be it BUT, if they broke rules then that's on them.

So looking ahead, ESA was gone anyway but 1 new spot just opened up for next years team that may include Sags, Oscar, and a potential big time JUCO scoring guard that Huggs is recruiting now. I suppose that's not ALL bad looking forward, as bb mentions I wonder who else is gone after the season?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to be done. The timing is way late, but Esa had to go. It was painfully obvious...
Ahmad has been a poison to the team all along, has talent, but brings other players down, somehow makes the team less than what it is without him.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmad has been a poison to the team all along, has talent, but brings other players down, somehow makes the team less than what it is without him.

Exactly how do you know Esa was poison to the team?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're over reacting. How many times have we wondered about Ahmad? Said he plays selfish, seems to be a cancer?
Did you watch the team last year? They were much better before Ahmad returned.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to be done. The timing is way late, but Esa had to go. It was painfully obvious...

Whats that mean he had to go? He's a college player not a pro...It is mystifying to me how the fan base thinks whatever Huggins does makes sense when he throws HIS KIDS under the bus when things go bad..tell me another HC with his RESUME handles THEIR program the dame way...no wonder he can't recruit kids to come to WV..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're over reacting. How many times have we wondered about Ahmad? Said he plays selfish, seems to be a cancer?

They played exactly who before his return? They played exactly who after his return?

You’re observation of his play on the court means he was a cancer to the team?

He was one of the best players we had last year... this year. He didn’t live up to anyone’s expectations. That doesn’t mean he was a cancer.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF that is indeed the case..why did Huggins keep putting him out on the court?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats that mean he had to go? He's a college player not a pro...It is mystifying to me how the fan base thinks whatever Huggins does makes sense when he throws HIS KIDS under the bus when things go bad..tell me another HC with his RESUME handles THEIR program the dame way...no wonder he can't recruit kids to come to WV..

I asked Chris Anderson... he is the owner of the 247 site... if he could remember a WVU HC who would kick kids out of his program like Huggins does.

It simply didn’t happen.

What a bullshit way to run a program.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really jump to conclusions. Kids get kicked off the team for many reasons. Violation of team rules tells us nothing. Bar fight, smoking in the dorm, saying the wrong thing can even get someone kicked off the team.

This would be a big deal if we were fighting for a spot in the tourney. While two of our best players, they been inconsistent in both production and effort. I doubt he was a cancer in the locker room, but for some reason, the team did not appear to play as well with him in the lineup last year. Hard to tell about this year as they all have sucked.

At this point of the season, Huggs needs to develop the players we have. Culver is a beast and his play will only get better with experience. The biggest thing we need to develop is a perimeter shooting presence. If we can't make 3s in this league, we are dead...we are dead. This team without Sags and Beetle is like our football team the last two years when Grier was out.

There is always next year. If Beetle and Sags healthy this year, we would be a tourney team. Next year, we could have Oscar, Sags, Culver, Beetle all in the starting lineup. Teach Knapper, Doomes, or McCabe to shoot the three with consistently and we have a great team...on paper at least.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not watched with and without him? Last year while he was suspended, WVU could not lose, turned into a 500 team when he returned.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not watched with and without him? Last year while he was suspended, WVU could not lose, turned into a 500 team when he returned.

You put all of that on one player? There was not a single report... not a single rumor... that circulated around campus... around Morgantown... that claimed Esa was poison.

Teddy Allen is a different story...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked Chris Anderson... he is the owner of the 247 site... if he could remember a WVU HC who would kick kids out of his program like Huggins does.

It simply didn’t happen.

What a bullshit way to run a program.
The article said they broke ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT rules, not team rules, so I would say that Huggins was not the instigator in them getting booted.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article said they broke ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT rules, not team rules, so I would say that Huggins was not the instigator in them getting booted.

Totally agree with you.

Neither of these two players were forced off the team like Teddy Allen, D’Angelo Hunter or Majiec Bender last year.

We’ll see a shitload of kids transferring off the team this year. I’m guessing it will look like ‘13 when Huggy forced Hinds, Miles, Brown, Gerun and Murray off his team.