• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Breakdown: WV VMI

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West Virginia Mountaineer's continue their march into the 2014-15 season with a 103-72 blowout of VMI and now have a perfect 6-0 record. VMI also struggled with the WV full court pressure just as all of WV's opponents have this season. In fact, WV sets a school record tonight by forcing 36 VMI turnovers and ties a school record with 26 steals.

Javon Carter scores 28 on 12-14 shooting tonight to lead the Mountaineers while Staten adds 17, Holton 13, and Phillip and Miles, Jr add 12 apiece. WV shoots 42-81 from the field but were out rebounded by the Cadets 44-36.

Fans, I will say this again, this is a special group. I don't know how far they will go but their defense is vicious. Some people will say, "well it was just VMI"--those people will eat crow soon because I don't see this success being stopped for a while. There will be nights where we are going to struggle and lose but I don't see it happening often and really don't see it happening until conference play. I just hope we can stay healthy and get Watkins back. Have a great day Mountaineer fans wherever your country road has taken you this Thanksgiving and don't forget to give thanks to those you love the most!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great breakdown....

Off the subject a little but if any if you have not tried the WVU Gameday app you really should..listened to the game clear as day. Good stuff for these games not on TV

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great breakdown....

Off the subject a little but if any if you have not tried the WVU Gameday app you really should..listened to the game clear as day. Good stuff for these games not on TV

If you want to watch a game not televised in your market, let me know. A poster at BGN provides a stream to football and basketball games. I watch every game… football and basketball… shown on Tier 3 or local WV channels via stream…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW…. anyone missing Harris and Henderson? :lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it is way too early to know how things will end up, but the cast of characters Huggy has playing for him this year are bought in.

They are playing aggressively… they are playing defense… they aren't taking plays off.

Miles and Carter said they wanted to come play Huggy ball. Huggy told them he wanted to go back to the way his team's played at Cincy.

Ain't no way either Harris or Henderson could match the defensive performances we've seen from their replacements…

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB you hit the nail on the head. The big difference is defense and Henderson and Harris were both lazy and took plays off. A little bird whispered in my ear and told me that Henderson and Harris had 3 choices for the 14-15 season: Play defense, sit the pine, or transfer. Huggs knew very well what he had coming in and he knew he was getting defensive players who could also shoot. Finally, we got it right in the recruiting process because this group has a GREAT ATTITUDE. Guys stay interested night in and night out because everybody plays. It has got to be fun for a player to be on this team because you know going into every game, you will have a role and will get minutes. That in and of itself breeds success because, as a player, you become a part of every win. It makes you hungry.

BB can you send me the link for Charleston game? I would appreciate it. And when you are in the DC area, make a point to come and see me as I have a place for you and your family to stay anytime. It would be good to see you again my friend.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am cautiously excited from what I see so far, this looks to be a team, rather than a bunch of egos.