• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Breakdown: OKLAHOMA 70 WVU 68

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my case, Mad, I am willing to give the hall of famer more leeway because he has proved himself in the past, and I could see what Huggins was trying to do on the court, yes he made mistakes in recruiting, but his gameplan was sound. Holgorsen is new and unproven, has done a great job recruiting, but I just can not see what he is trying to do on the field, I scratch my head with play calling, in game decisions, and his disconnect from all but the offense during games.
I think that this is one of the points we disagree. I expect the HOF coach to produce results on a consistent basis. Huggins did that last year and it continues this season. To me, it would be like bringing Saban here and he doesn't produce within 5 or so seasons and giving him a pass because of his past record. I'm willing to allow Dana to grow. The man has done what everybody has asked him to do except win a Division and National Championship, but he's not the only one in college football or at WVU.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HC has to be connected to the game in all phases of the game, most HCs are talking to ALL their asst coaches during the game, pointing out things to players who made mistakes, managing the big picture of the game is only a part of it. Did you see Graham in our bowl game? He was interested and "coaching his coaches" during the game. I get that offense is his "forte" but the offense has suffered too. I am eager to see what this coming season brings with an OC on board, hopefully we will see good things. Holgorsen has made strides as a HC, but still has a long way to go to be mentioned with even journeyman HCs. I am glad that Holgorsen stepped up to the plate and got rid of his buddy Efore, IMO he was a cancer on the whole team.

Graham?..the same Graham that quit on his team at PITT? The same one who's team was a top 15 preseason pick that finished 6-7?...and I don't think by long shot he was coaching his coaches during the game..unless you call screaming and embarrassing them on National TV is "Coaching the Coaches!"

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham?..the same Graham that quit on his team at PITT? The same one who's team was a top 15 preseason pick that finished 6-7?...and I don't think by long shot he was coaching his coaches during the game..unless you call screaming and embarrassing them on National TV is "Coaching the Coaches!"
At least he was interested in what was going on during the whole game, rather than turning his back and pounding down some red bulls.......

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he was interested in what was going on during the whole game, rather than turning his back and pounding down some red bulls.......
:trash:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.I know BBW is a bit more critical of them..but I think they get better as the year goes on..don't be surprised if this team isn't a #1 seed when its all said and done....GOD I HOPE so I have a lifetime running bet with BBW that its easier to win the NCAA Basketball Championship then the Football Championship!!:thrasher:

Looks like I'm gonna be safe for another year...

As I've said since the beginning of the season, this team will go as far as its guard play allows. They are not elite, and they will hold this team back from greatness if they don't elevate their game...