• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Breakdown: Kentucky 78 WVU 39

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mountaineers got lambasted by the Wildcats of Kentucky in what would be the worst loss of the season for this WV team. The tone was set early when Devon Williams gets his 2nd foul at the 18:48 mark in the 1st half. WV never recovered and the game was lopsided throughout. Kentucky would lead 44-18 at the half and dominate this game.

WV shot 13-54 from the field; 2-15 from behind the arc; committed 13 TO's; had a season low 4 steals; got out rebounded 44-32; WV commits 29 fouls that resulted in Kentucky making 26-32 FT's. Staton led WV in scoring with 14 points.

Not much WV could do with possibly the best team in the history of college basketball. Ask Kansas, who got shellacked 72-40 earlier in the year, ask UCLA who got beat 83-44 while scoring only 7 first half points. Although the score was lopsided, this WV team has nothing to be ashamed of. I would rather lose by 39 than lose by 1 as there is more to gain for the next season. This loss will provide the fuel and desire for the 2015-16 season because the returning players will remember this one for some time to come. As for Kentucky, I think it is easy to say they will not lose in this tournament. But lookout for Duke as they have the size and talent to hang around with Kentucky. Notre Dame can only win if they hit 20 + 3's because they can't play good enough defense with their size. Look for the Final Diehard Breakdown of the 2014-15 season as we close out another year of WV Basketball. Have a great day Mountaineer fans wherever your country road has taken you this rainy morning!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU exceeded ALL expectations this year, the team represented us well. WVU matched up poorly against long athletic teams all year, and we all knew things would have to go perfect to beat UK, the best team money can buy, I am proud of the WVU basketball team, who would have believed in January that we had a sweet 16 team? The only ones who will beat this UK team are the NCAA investigators who will show up in Lexington the day after Calipari leaves...........

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mountaineers got lambasted by the Wildcats of Kentucky in what would be the worst loss of the season for this WV team. The tone was set early when Devon Williams gets his 2nd foul at the 18:48 mark in the 1st half. WV never recovered and the game was lopsided throughout. Kentucky would lead 44-18 at the half and dominate this game.

WV shot 13-54 from the field; 2-15 from behind the arc; committed 13 TO's; had a season low 4 steals; got out rebounded 44-32; WV commits 29 fouls that resulted in Kentucky making 26-32 FT's. Staton led WV in scoring with 14 points.

Not much WV could do with possibly the best team in the history of college basketball. Ask Kansas, who got shellacked 72-40 earlier in the year, ask UCLA who got beat 83-44 while scoring only 7 first half points. Although the score was lopsided, this WV team has nothing to be ashamed of. I would rather lose by 39 than lose by 1 as there is more to gain for the next season. This loss will provide the fuel and desire for the 2015-16 season because the returning players will remember this one for some time to come. As for Kentucky, I think it is easy to say they will not lose in this tournament. But lookout for Duke as they have the size and talent to hang around with Kentucky. Notre Dame can only win if they hit 20 + 3's because they can't play good enough defense with their size. Look for the Final Diehard Breakdown of the 2014-15 season as we close out another year of WV Basketball. Have a great day Mountaineer fans wherever your country road has taken you this rainy morning!
Great season by WVU, nothing to be ashamed of. When UK is shooting well, I don't think they lose to anyone

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK played great defense. UK shot the ball extremely well in the first half.

WVU players looked scared… played scared. The kids could not make a basket; therefore, could not get into their press.

Without the press creating chaos, UK played fast… and confident.

I was hoping to see WVU pull off a major upset… hoping if they lost… they'd be competitive. But, last night's game was hard to watch. An embarrassment to be beaten so dominantly.

Before the game, I was relieved to see a former BE officiating crew assigned to the game. But, they called an extremely tight game. Without WVU being able to play a physical game, fear took over.

It was a great run, and I'm proud of their season and the fun they provided watching them play this year!

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a case of stallions against quarter horses. WV was out-matched from the get go.
Huggy figured out how to get smothering D out of this group - now he needs to figure out
how to get some scoring schemes in place.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a case of stallions against quarter horses. WV was out-matched from the get go.
Huggy figured out how to get smothering D out of this group - now he needs to figure out
how to get some scoring schemes in place.
Agree, I wasn't surprised at that beat down at all really. We got our heads handed to us a few different times this year by far worse teams than what UK is this year. That said Im excited for the future of the basketball program now. We get some good guard play and we can be really good for a few years imo.