• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The D. Lee thread

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the real D. Lee / aka the WCW please stand up?
Apparently he's worked hard on his jumper this offseason. If healthy, he should be 18/9/4 this year easily.

Not going to predict ASG for him, but he should be able to push Floppy Griffin and Aldridge for the nod.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

Will the real D. Lee / aka the WCW please stand up?
Apparently he's worked hard on his jumper this offseason. If healthy, he should be 18/9/4 this year easily.

Not going to predict ASG for him, but he should be able to push Floppy Griffin and Aldridge for the nod.

No doubt. Thing w D. Lee is his ability to defend the big boys - Griffin, LaMarcus, TD, Ibaka. Zach, etc in the paint. Dl can easily be 18 9.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee is who is he. I expect nothing more and nothing less.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Lee is a very good and productive vet. I like him but guarding the bigs takes a lot of steam from him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee is who is he. I expect nothing more and nothing less.

For Lee's game not to improve, especially by being able to consistently hit 15-18 foot shots, is the equivalent of his game just standing still. To me, that's not good enough. If Blake Griffin, who had nothing but a power game up until 2 years ago to develop a decent shot from this range (and even from further out) means that Lee can also develop a decent shot from 15-20 feet out. There's something about how he holds the ball before he releases it that doesn't sit well with me, but his shot is not one where the form is so bad that he couldn't have a consistent jumper (or set shot even). His drives to the basket or for his patented short little bank-shot from the left side of the basket would be so much easier to get to if his defender was somewhat concerned about his outside shot. As much as I love Lee and the passion and heart that he brings to the court, I'm almost about to give up on him if he can't add this attainable but oh-so-important aspect to his game.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot

For Lee's game not to improve, especially by being able to consistently hit 15-18 foot shots, is the equivalent of his game just standing still. To me, that's not good enough. If Blake Griffin, who had nothing but a power game up until 2 years ago to develop a decent shot from this range (and even from further out) means that Lee can also develop a decent shot from 15-20 feet out. There's something about how he holds the ball before he releases it that doesn't sit well with me, but his shot is not one where the form is so bad that he couldn't have a consistent jumper (or set shot even). His drives to the basket or for his patented short little bank-shot from the left side of the basket would be so much easier to get to if his defender was somewhat concerned about his outside shot. As much as I love Lee and the passion and heart that he brings to the court, I'm almost about to give up on him if he can't add this attainable but oh-so-important aspect to his game.

Griffin's shot is awful looking but much improved. He shoots flat and often while fading backwards. David Lee's shot when shooting o/s 18 feet also doesn't look good. Maybe he has too much top spin? Lee should look at Chris Bosh who until recently was not a good outside shooter.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed D. Lee taking and making a 19 footer in GS's last game against the Lakers. He'd have never shot that shot or made it last year. I know it's just preseason, but it was good to see Lee jack it up and swish it home.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season Debut 11/5/14

Pro's -

Jumper was crisp
Was playing and looked to be calling out defensive assignments

Cones

Reinjured his hammy
Very expensive paperweight/bench warmer 4 games into the season

Serious question, if D.Lee has played his last game for the Dubs, what will folks remember him for? For myself, in no particular order.

1) Wilson Chandler's Tooth
2) Playing streetball in Taiwan with J. Lin
3) Yelling at Floppy Griffin for flopping
4) The first major step in the LaGruberWestMyer Era bringing the Dubs back to sealevel
5) Hobbling with a torn flexor in the playoffs giving it %110.

He may question his defense, or other skills, but the guy always gave what he could for the team. This isn't a eulogy, D.Lee could still come back and play a heavy role this year, but its not a trend I want to see after the first two weeks.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good in the short time he played last night. I hear he re-injured himself though.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is deep enough now to have the luxury of giving Lee proper time for his hamstring to heal. If he sits for a month or two, he might be fresher for the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than just having a body in there to use up fouls while trying to guard players like B. Griffin, I think we're fine allowing Lee to take his time to heal. As we all know, the hammy is not a muscle to fool around with. Coming back too soon can end up re-injuring it and having to miss even more time. We've got plenty of offense to weather this little storm. This allows HB to trying and figure out how the hell to drive the ball, D. Green to continue to improve his overall offensive game and gives AI9 enough PT to feel good about coming off of the bench.

You are right, Lee is easy to appreciate. He's very unselfish, a complete team player and one who you want to go to war with. His offense and defensive rebounding will be needed in the playoffs.

I wonder how Lee came up with his hairstyle? Maybe his wife or GF is advising him?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Poole, WCW out atleast the next 2 games

Previous years, this could have meant disaster for our club, but its a good time to buy stock in D.Green. Don't think we should expect 25/8/5 on a nightly basis, but his effort will be there.

I hope WCW rests a few more weeks to get as healthy as possible, starting 4-0 is nice, but we need the big guns to be there towards the Playoffs.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Poole, WCW out atleast the next 2 games

Previous years, this could have meant disaster for our club, but its a good time to buy stock in D.Green. Don't think we should expect 25/8/5 on a nightly basis, but his effort will be there.

I hope WCW rests a few more weeks to get as healthy as possible, starting 4-0 is nice, but we need the big guns to be there towards the Playoffs.
It's a hammy, so yeah, give it more than enough time. Green and Speights can fill in just fine.

PS - I say either 5 at $95 mil or 4 at 80 for Sandoval.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a hammy, so yeah, give it more than enough time. Green and Speights can fill in just fine.

Word is he wants 6 years :omg:

Red Sox bound

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't pay Pablo "Imax" Sandoval more than Pence. I'm sorry. If we have to stick Arias out there for 120+ games while we groom a 3rd baseball down in AA ball so be it.

Don't know if Pablo would like BOS , and if BOS is foolish enough to overpay , so be it. They would be bidding against themselves. I would hope Pablo would realize what a great thing he has here in the Bay. Running off and leaving a team that has won 3 out of the last 5 Series would be no Bueno.

We have been hit and miss recently on our contract deals. Madbum, Pence, Posey, good. Scutaro, Pagan, Cain, not so much. Call me crazy, but there is a line in the sand that Sabean shouldn't cross for this deal.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is he wants 6 years :omg:

Red Sox bound
Six? No way. If he wants a contract that long, he should sign with the Yanks, and then when he balloons up a few years down the road, they can fill him with helium and enter him in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years 70M with a team option for 2 additional years at 40M.

Also team option could turn into a player option, based on certain milestones reached by Pablo.

That would be my offer. Win-win for everyone.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years 70M with a team option for 2 additional years at 40M.

Also team option could turn into a player option, based on certain milestones reached by Pablo.

That would be my offer. Win-win for everyone.

That's very clever, well done. Hope Sabean thinks of it.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tj:

Not that I mind, Giants 2010/2012/2014/2015?

Should find a way to put a weight clause into his contract. Probably not legal, but if he can remain below 280, the 4th and 5th years should be guaranteed. Wouldn't ever give him 6 years+.

I don't think NYK will be going after him, don't they have Hudley and Arod left there to play 3B?