• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The D. Lee thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tj:

Not that I mind, Giants 2010/2012/2014/2015?

Should find a way to put a weight clause into his contract. Probably not legal, but if he can remain below 280, the 4th and 5th years should be guaranteed. Wouldn't ever give him 6 years+.

I don't think NYK will be going after him, don't they have Hudley and Arod left there to play 3B?

I think it may be worked around by Plate Appearances. If he's too overweight, he'll either miss games or be ineffective where you simply can't play him. He won't be able to reach any incentives and/or vest any options.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D.Lee out atleast 2 weeks?

Hmm, will he play atleast 50 games this year now?
I'm assuming that Kerr sees the same depth in the squad that we do, and with the hammy, he's gonna give that thing plenty o' time to heal. Lee and Bogut are going to be manged physically like never before by the medical staff with the emphasis on having both of these Warriors ready for a deep playoff run.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

Does D.Lee start when and if he gets healthy? Its the age old question of can you lose your job to injury? If you ask Alex Smith, the answer is yes.

Will the WCW accept coming off the bench like AI#9 and how does Kerr work that into the rotation? We have a nice flow right now with Speights being the 1st big to run out there and then AI#9 , Barbosa, and Livingston.

Does this team have enough minutes for D.Lee? I know his trade value will be highest next year, but would LaGruber/West/Myers deal him this year for an expiring + pick? That would be an interesting discussion in the war room.

I'm hoping D. Lee comes back, because you can never have enough depth, especially during the playoffs., however this team is rolling right now, can you mess with chemistry?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it may be worked around by Plate Appearances. If he's too overweight, he'll either miss games or be ineffective where you simply can't play him. He won't be able to reach any incentives and/or vest any options.

If Pablo leaves I can see the Pablo hats and jersey's being burned in the Mission now.

Pablo has it pretty good here, the fans, the clubhouse, the rings, why jump ship? Didn't exactly work out great for Uribe, Wilson, or Beltran just to name a few. I don't think we wanted to resign BW, but I believe we wanted Uribe back at a cheaper price.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D.Lee Probable for tomorrow's game vs ORL 12/2/14?

Predicting a quiet night, I'm guessing Kerr holds him to 10-15 mins and then slowly increases his work load.

Scary to think how good this team can be with Lee coming off the bench.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pablo leaves I can see the Pablo hats and jersey's being burned in the Mission now.

Pablo has it pretty good here, the fans, the clubhouse, the rings, why jump ship? Didn't exactly work out great for Uribe, Wilson, or Beltran just to name a few. I don't think we wanted to resign BW, but I believe we wanted Uribe back at a cheaper price.

Uribe took like a couple million more to go to LA. If he hadn't we may never have seen Crawford emerge. Sometimes it works out.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Lee didn't play last night, I'm getting worried. I'm all for resting the guy, but he's getting 15 mil this year? 15,012,000.

That's 2,502,000 x the 6 minutes he's played so far. Dubs aren't exactly making out like bandits on this deal. I wonder if there would be another team willing to trade for him at this point?

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Lee didn't play last night, I'm getting worried. I'm all for resting the guy, but he's getting 15 mil this year? 15,012,000.

That's 2,502,000 x the 6 minutes he's played so far. Dubs aren't exactly making out like bandits on this deal. I wonder if there would be another team willing to trade for him at this point?

I'm sure that the front office will listen if someone calls.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you say that? The cap is going way up and Lee's contract is expiring soon. He can be moved for picks later if need be, not to mention that he'll be the best backup 4 in the league. :noidea:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say that? The cap is going way up and Lee's contract is expiring soon. He can be moved for picks later if need be, not to mention that he'll be the best backup 4 in the league. :noidea:

Dunno, part of Lee's appeal was his ability to stay healthy and play 30+ mins a night, be efficient at the offensive end, rebound, and pas the ball.

Haven't see what this injury has done to his overall game, but the longer he holds out, the longer its going to take for him to get back into shape.

We are about 1/4 of the way done through the season? How much trade value does a 15 mil dollar bench warmer have? I don't see the Knicks getting flooded for offers for A'mare.

Just picking at bones, Dubs with the league best 16-2, i'm just over thinking it at this point.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm just over thinking it at this point.

I think so, Lee's a vet in search of a ring. He and Curry are really tight. He's not the type to be disgruntled and his salary won't prevent the team from picking anyone up, because even if they have to overpay to keep Draymond, the cap jump will more than make up for that. In a perfect world, you'd love Iguodala and Lee's contracts and have a max space opened up, but this team doesn't need a max guy, they need smart role players which is exactly what Iguodala and Lee will be for this team.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked a coworker the other day (Knicks fan) if NYK would trade back for D.Lee. He paused and then said at this point, nothing in NYK is certain.

I gave him this offer

He thought the Dubs would never pull the trigger on something like that, but I explained why it would work out for both teams.

1) Dubs get a back up 5 in Dalembert.
2) Dubs would get a back up 4 in come off the bench who is used to a quick paced Offense
3) Dubs would shed the salaries of those 2 players
3b) Dubs could probably squeeze a future #1 out of this deal

4) Knicks aren't going to the playoffs this year, I don't think they will until they unload Melo's deal, whole nother story
5) AI9 could move back to his more comfortable role as a 2, and be a defensive presence for them
6) D.Lee could be back in familiar grounds and wouldn't have to come off the bench anymore.

Thoughts from the board? Not the craziest idea ever, but just me throwing things out there.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is virtually no way David Lee gets traded this season, barring some sort of ridiculous can't pass offer.

Klay and Draymond's pending contract don't factor in until next year. As far as the cap goes, we're good for this season. During the off season is probably when David will get shopped pretty hard. It'll also be better for us at that time because David will be on the last year of his contract. He'll be a very good player and an expiring contract, which will look real attractive to a lot of teams.

You have to keep Lee for continuity purposes. He a great guy to have in the locker room. He's loved by his teammates, especially Curry. The team is 17-2 without him and he could be that guy that puts us over the top.

I wouldn't worry about looking to move him until next year.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is virtually no way David Lee gets traded this season, barring some sort of ridiculous can't pass offer.

Klay and Draymond's pending contract don't factor in until next year. As far as the cap goes, we're good for this season. During the off season is probably when David will get shopped pretty hard. It'll also be better for us at that time because David will be on the last year of his contract. He'll be a very good player and an expiring contract, which will look real attractive to a lot of teams.

You have to keep Lee for continuity purposes. He a great guy to have in the locker room. He's loved by his teammates, especially Curry. The team is 17-2 without him and he could be that guy that puts us over the top.

Lee certainly deserves a shot at glory with this group of teamates, and he will be a great addition to the second unit once he is fully fit. The Genie is out of the bottle; Dr. Dray ain't going back to the bench for no one.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Lee comes back, our second unit will be Livingston, Iggy, Mo, Lee and Barbosa. Man, this is the Warriors starting 5 after the Webber's trade.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Over the top? Like 19-0? :lol:

I get what you mean, but there's also a chance his addition could upset the applecart which appears to be firing on all cylinders.

I also agree he won't be dealt this year, he will certainly be dealt in the offseason.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the top? Like 19-0? :lol:

I get what you mean, but there's also a chance his addition could upset the applecart which appears to be firing on all cylinders.

I also agree he won't be dealt this year, he will certainly be dealt in the offseason.

Lee is a piece they would definitely need in order to make any sort of push in the playoffs. Right now it doesn't matter the record or how many wins we can rack up during the season. We've been able to see first hand the last couple years on how basketball in the playoffs is a completely different animal.

We've also seen first hand how a bad matchup can ruin a brilliant season (We Believe team vs. Mavs). It's all about matchups in the playoffs and how you can eliminate as many weaknesses as you can. Right now the Warriors have two that have been pretty noticeable: Bench scoring and interior scoring. David Lee can do both. He can be a consistent 3rd scoring option. Draymond has had some great games, but he's also had a few single digit scoring games as well. Harrison has been much better but he's hit or miss until we see some true consistency. Speights has been great, but he's a jump shooter as well.

If David Lee is able to make a healthy return, accept a role off the bench and produce at a quality level, it makes this Warriors team as well rounded as possible. That's all we can really hope to have come playoff time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league's best bench will be even stronger with Lee back. The Warriors are going to be very tough if everyone stays healthy. The opposition never gets a break against the Dubs. The second unit is as good as most first units in the league.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that Lee comes back, plays off the bench for awhile and works his way into the starting lineup when we hit a skid and stays there.