• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE COST Of 6 Wins & 7 Losses

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history, winning the NFC East 2 out of the last 3 years, second most wins behind Tom Brady, led the league in 4th quarter comebacks the past three years. Yes that should lend itself to being paid like a franchise QB. You can’t just judge him off of one year(a year that is his is best statistically) you gotta look at the totality of his time in Dallas. They guy is a solid top-10 QB, you don’t just let him walk out the door.

Well at least Goff got to a super bowl and we’ll see about Jimmy G at the end of the season
What if he asks for $45 million after the season? Still can't let him walk? And before you say thats impossible, who would have thought he wanted $40? So there is a number for you that would be too much...$45-50, somewhere. I'm just saying $40 is past my number. If the only options are $40 per or say goodbye, I sign a FA and draft a QB and move on. $40 is just too much

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing you have to remember is Dak and this team have indeed had 4th Qtr comebacks, they just fell too short because of how far back they were to begin with.
GB was up 31-3. Final score 34-24
Jets were up 21-6. We were a failed two point conversion from tying
Buffalo was up 26-7; Final 26-15 (not much change I know)
Bears were up 31-14; Final score 31-24
A key similarity in a lot of our games was the defense not coming up with any stops and in particular late in the game. That could be a big part of why we couldn't come all the way back.

note: I'm not saying with the above that Dak wasn't part of the reason why we were down big in the first place, because he was, I'm just addressing the no comeback part. I don't think any QB was coming back under those circumstances.

venting moment: Another thing is just like previous years when we open things up (like when we are trying to come back late) we pass the ball all over teams and we throw down the field more and it pays off in general. It's like this team forgets what works. How many times did we throw down the field the last 3 weeks before the game was out of hand?

We are a passing team. We should act like one damn near all the time instead of only 3rd and long.

Don't get me wrong, I love zeke, but we are a passing team.

Last edited:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the other 3 losses. Of course the Viking game we chose to run the ball with Zeke twice. The NO game- we didn’t have a lot of time but there was some time. NE / just a great defense. All the other losses were pretty much out of hand going into the fourth.
Of course we play a hot Rams team this week. Wouldn’t shock me if we win 35- 17.

Since I have both Dak and Gallup in FF, I would love that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen a couple of mocks where Tua had dropped to the bottom of the first round due to the injury. Franchising Dak and seeing if you could grab Tua in the draft wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Let a big talent redshirt(a favorite move of Jerry's), and you can STILL sign Dak long term next year...if we win more than 7-8 games. Worst case, we have a franchise QB and a great young backup

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett being fired is part of the "process".yeah, he likely stays and is not offered a contract. I am warming up to the idea of Urban Meyer.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer him over Lincoln Riley tbh

I prefer Matt Rhule over Lincoln Riley at the pro level. Something about the guy tells me he will be a success at the pro level.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Aikman as GM....Let him hire the coach and the hired coach hire his staff....which would be far and away the best chance for Jerry to hoist another Lombardi

Sorry....Fat Chance
Onward Jerry

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Aikman as GM....Let him hire the coach and the hired coach hire his staff....which would be far and away the best chance for Jerry to hoist another Lombardi

Sorry....Fat Chance
Onward Jerry

Listening to him on the Ticket yesterday made me so damn sad... because even though you never know, I have a hunch he would be a great GM.

Oh well. We can dream.

Onward.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry....Fat Chance
Onward Jerry
Yeah, he would be a great GM. Let Troy run the team, I'm betting he would try and hold on to McClay, he would hire a strong HC and all Jerry would have to do is sign checks, be the first to hoist the Lombardi, and get to the party bus a little sooner

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a passing team. We should act like one damn near all the time instead of only 3rd and long.

Don't get me wrong, I love zeke, but we are a passing team.
They aren't paying Zeke all that money to be a hood ornament.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he would be a great GM. Let Troy run the team, I'm betting he would try and hold on to McClay, he would hire a strong HC and all Jerry would have to do is sign checks, be the first to hoist the Lombardi, and get to the party bus a little sooner
If you believe Troy is the answer I have some swamp-land I'd like to sell you.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is that Jerry will not relinquish control of the team until he is six feet underground. There are not too many coaches that will want to take advice from him as head coach. Jerry wants a puppet he can control.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't paying Zeke all that money to be a hood ornament.
Who said that. We need to set up the run with our passes, not the other way around. do thos a couple of games and we wont get 8 in the box every first down.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said that. We need to set up the run with our passes, not the other way around. do thos a couple of games and we wont get 8 in the box every first down.
Taking carries away from Zeke isn't the answer.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Patriots have it right. They rarely resign their own free agents to massive deals. The cowboys sign theirs all of the time and many times that player all of a sudden regresses. Zeke,DLaw and Jaylon Smith not worth those contracts. They just aren't

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry....Fat Chance
Onward Jerry
Jerry getting up there. Great owner, terrible GM, and has not sniffed a superbowl without Jimmy Johnsons players.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what skill set Aikman would bring to make him a good GM or why we would hire him, but he'd sure be better than Jerry I guess so if it moves Jerry out I'm all for it. The best choice by miles IMO is McClay. I think he will be someone's GM next year after how good he has proven to be at evaluating talent and the criticism the NFL has taken about not enough minorities in these types of positions so I hope it's here.