• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE COST Of 6 Wins & 7 Losses

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves to be paid like a franchise QB whether its 40 mil or not that’s up to Dak and the front office to negotiate but he’s the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys for the foreseeable future and he’s deserves to be paid as such not competing for the starting job like he’s the second coming of Marcus Mariota or Jamarcus Russell. Let’s stop being ridiculous.
He's going to get paid and he's going to be here. But next year he will go from making $2 million, a little less than Jeff Heath, to making more per season than DeMarcus Lawrence, Robert Quinn, Zeke, Byron Jones, Randall Cobb and Jason Witten all counted against the cap this season...combined. There will be ramifications

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to get paid and he's going to be here. But next year he will go from making $2 million, a little less than Jeff Heath, to making more per season than DeMarcus Lawrence, Robert Quinn, Zeke, Byron Jones, Randall Cobb and Jason Witten all counted against the cap this season...combined. There will be ramifications
Heath, Quinn, Cobb, and Witten most likely won’t be here next year regardless of how much Dak ends up getting paid. Plus the cap goes up every year, and since there will be a new CBA soon the cap will go up substantially. The deal Dak will be given is gonna look like a discount 2-3 years from now just because of that fact alone.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath, Quinn, Cobb, and Witten most likely won’t be here next year regardless of how much Dak ends up getting paid. Plus the cap goes up every year, and since there will be a new CBA soon the cap will go up substantially. The deal Dak will be given is gonna look like a discount 2-3 years from now just because of that fact alone.
Quinn has probably been our best defender this year and Cobb has been very good for us too so hopefully they aren't writing him off either

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, it's not the point. Feel free to revisit this subject in the future. Call me when 25% of the entire cap is a discount

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this team has caved there is no chance I'm giving Dak near $40M right now (and I don't even know for sure if I'd give him $35M). We have entered a transition period. He can get tagged and holdout if he chooses or he can sign for less. He had us over a barrel for about a month when he was playing lights out and the team looked like a contender. Now? I don't see a team worth worrying about for this year or next year right now. I said from day one of these negotiations if a new coach comes in you can't sign Dak to a huge deal until you know that coaches feelings on him and that is where we are obviously heading. If I'm the Cowboys I shut down negotiations until after a new HC is in place at this point.

I agree shut it down until a new HC is in place.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, it's not the point. Feel free to revisit this subject in the future. Call me when 25% of the entire cap is a discount
Did Jimmy G deserve to be the highest paid QB when he got his deal? What about Stafford? Or Carr? Or Goff. Doesn’t matter if you DESERVE to be paid top dollar the fact of the matter is he’s the next QB in line to get a huge deal and if the market dictates him getting 35-40mil then so be it. Plus this will be a mute point when the new CBA is released and the cap goes up exponentially which will make his new deal look like peanuts compared to what guys like Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson will be making.

That’s the entire point I’m making. It won’t be a cap-buster like you’re making it out to be.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem solved.

The march to the Super Bowl reconvenes.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem solved.

The march to the Super Bowl reconvenes.

tenor.gif

A necessary change indeed.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Jimmy G deserve to be the highest paid QB when he got his deal? What about Stafford? Or Carr? Or Goff. Doesn’t matter if you DESERVE to be paid top dollar the fact of the matter is he’s the next QB in line to get a huge deal and if the market dictates him getting 35-40mil then so be it. Plus this will be a mute point when the new CBA is released and the cap goes up exponentially which will make his new deal look like peanuts compared to what guys like Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson will be making.

That’s the entire point I’m making. It won’t be a cap-buster like you’re making it out to be.
Those QB's you named that got paid...how many Super Bowl wins in that group....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were any of those the highest paid?

I'm with you on the timing and have said it from day one. That is why my point now is I stop negotiating unless Dak wants to drop his asking price and the same goes for Amari and everyone else. It's not that I no longer think Dak can be a franchise QB it's just that this team is going in a new direction and you can't spring a borderline top 10 QB on a new coach at $40M and also all of these other guys we signed lately because it basically puts him in charge of a team someone else picked with no flexibility to bring in his type of player. What kind of Offense will he run? What will his philosophy be? You need to let the new coach have a say in these types of decisions. Now if Jerry ends up extending Garrett (this is Jerry of whom we speak afterall) then by all means you do the same with Dak.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a team game and the team loses and wins. I like Dak. It took me a while to come around on him but I did. He has had a really good year. I think he is top 10ish QB. He has certainly improved. I did think though that this was our year. I thought the schedule was right for us. Teams sometimes underachieve. I’m not blaming this on Dak at all but the great QBs carry their teams through trouble. One thing that was always big with Dak was his comebacks. With all of his improved play , that hasn’t been the case this year. He hasn’t had a fourth quarter comeback for a win. Some of that I’m sure is playcalling and other things. Another thing is 3 losses in a row. Again it’s a team thing I know , but the great QBs don’t lose 3 in a row much. We have done it twice this year. Like some others have said, Dak is one of the least of our problems. I agree with that. He has arguably been our best player this year. I just look at Detroit and see Stafford sitting there and will probably never win anything. Some of these teams have very small windows. I don’t want to be one of those teams. I want to be in the mix every year. Now yes I would have already signed him , but I’m impatient. Can we win a Super Bowl with Dak ? Sure. Can we compete every year ? I still don’t know.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a team game and the team loses and wins. I like Dak. It took me a while to come around on him but I did. He has had a really good year. I think he is top 10ish QB. He has certainly improved. I did think though that this was our year. I thought the schedule was right for us. Teams sometimes underachieve. I’m not blaming this on Dak at all but the great QBs carry their teams through trouble. One thing that was always big with Dak was his comebacks. With all of his improved play , that hasn’t been the case this year. He hasn’t had a fourth quarter comeback for a win. Some of that I’m sure is playcalling and other things. Another thing is 3 losses in a row. Again it’s a team thing I know , but the great QBs don’t lose 3 in a row much. We have done it twice this year. Like some others have said, Dak is one of the least of our problems. I agree with that. He has arguably been our best player this year. I just look at Detroit and see Stafford sitting there and will probably never win anything. Some of these teams have very small windows. I don’t want to be one of those teams. I want to be in the mix every year. Now yes I would have already signed him , but I’m impatient. Can we win a Super Bowl with Dak ? Sure. Can we compete every year ? I still don’t know.
One thing you have to remember is Dak and this team have indeed had 4th Qtr comebacks, they just fell too short because of how far back they were to begin with.
GB was up 31-3. Final score 34-24
Jets were up 21-6. We were a failed two point conversion from tying
Buffalo was up 26-7; Final 26-15 (not much change I know)
Bears were up 31-14; Final score 31-24
A key similarity in a lot of our games was the defense not coming up with any stops and in particular late in the game. That could be a big part of why we couldn't come all the way back.

note: I'm not saying with the above that Dak wasn't part of the reason why we were down big in the first place, because he was, I'm just addressing the no comeback part. I don't think any QB was coming back under those circumstances.

venting moment: Another thing is just like previous years when we open things up (like when we are trying to come back late) we pass the ball all over teams and we throw down the field more and it pays off in general. It's like this team forgets what works. How many times did we throw down the field the last 3 weeks before the game was out of hand?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing you have to remember is Dak and this team have indeed had 4th Qtr comebacks, they just fell too short because of how far back they were to begin with.
GB was up 31-3. Final score 34-24
Jets were up 21-6. We were a failed two point conversion from tying
Buffalo was up 26-7; Final 26-15 (not much change I know)
Bears were up 31-14; Final score 31-24
A key similarity in a lot of our games was the defense not coming up with any stops and in particular late in the game. That could be a big part of why we couldn't come all the way back.

note: I'm not saying with the above that Dak wasn't part of the reason why we were down big in the first place, because he was, I'm just addressing the no comeback part. I don't think any QB was coming back under those circumstances.

venting moment: Another thing is just like previous years when we open things up (like when we are trying to come back late) we pass the ball all over teams and we throw down the field more and it pays off in general. It's like this team forgets what works. How many times did we throw down the field the last 3 weeks before the game was out of hand?

I was talking about the other 3 losses. Of course the Viking game we chose to run the ball with Zeke twice. The NO game- we didn’t have a lot of time but there was some time. NE / just a great defense. All the other losses were pretty much out of hand going into the fourth.
Of course we play a hot Rams team this week. Wouldn’t shock me if we win 35- 17.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this would guarantee mediocrity for the next 10 years. Look at Dak’s record versus winning teams since 2016. Leads the league in passing but his yards lately have come in garbage time. Not on the top 10 list of QBs I would want in the league. He has not been able to beat any good QBs this year.
Yep, Dak gets lots of yards passing at garbage time but the Cowboys will still give him a huge contract.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves to be paid like a franchise QB whether its 40 mil or not that’s up to Dak and the front office to negotiate but he’s the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys for the foreseeable future and he’s deserves to be paid as such not competing for the starting job like he’s the second coming of Marcus Mariota or Jamarcus Russell. Let’s stop being ridiculous.
He deserves to be paid for leading this team to a 6-7 record? I don't think he deserves it but Jerry will give him a big payday.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the other 3 losses. Of course the Viking game we chose to run the ball with Zeke twice. The NO game- we didn’t have a lot of time but there was some time. NE / just a great defense. All the other losses were pretty much out of hand going into the fourth.
Of course we play a hot Rams team this week. Wouldn’t shock me if we win 35- 17.
I'll be rooting hard for the Boys as I have for 40 years. That said, I think they will absolutely blow our doors off this weekend

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves to be paid for leading this team to a 6-7 record? I don't think he deserves it but Jerry will give him a big payday.
Having one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history, winning the NFC East 2 out of the last 3 years, second most wins behind Tom Brady, led the league in 4th quarter comebacks the past three years. Yes that should lend itself to being paid like a franchise QB. You can’t just judge him off of one year(a year that is his is best statistically) you gotta look at the totality of his time in Dallas. They guy is a solid top-10 QB, you don’t just let him walk out the door.

Those QB's you named that got paid...how many Super Bowl wins in that group....
Well at least Goff got to a super bowl and we’ll see about Jimmy G at the end of the season

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history, winning the NFC East 2 out of the last 3 years, second most wins behind Tom Brady, led the league in 4th quarter comebacks the past three years. Yes that should lend itself to being paid like a franchise QB. You can’t just judge him off of one year(a year that is his is best statistically) you gotta look at the totality of his time in Dallas. They guy is a solid top-10 QB, you don’t just let him walk out the door.
I already posted that Jerry will pay him.