• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE COST Of 6 Wins & 7 Losses

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense
The Oline is worth roughly $292,000,000.....in total contracts
Zeke Elliot is costing roughly $90,000,000......in his total contract
This season Zeke has 1071 rushing yards - 82.4 yards per game.......in 2016 he had 1631 yards..108 yards per game

Just this year
Cooper is 13.9 mil
Prescott......2.1 mil
Cobb.....4.5 mil
Witten ....4.2 mil

Jason Garrett....$6,000,000 for this season......$30,000,000 over his entire contract.......Let's all clap for that.

Defense
D Lawrence ......$105,000,000 Over his entire contract
Robert Quinn.....7 mil
Tyrone Crawford.......$45,000,000 Over his total contract

and parking is $75

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense
The Oline is worth roughly $292,000,000.....in total contracts
Zeke Elliot is costing roughly $90,000,000......in his total contract
This season Zeke has 1071 rushing yards - 82.4 yards per game.......in 2016 he had 1631 yards..108 yards per game

Just this year
Cooper is 13.9 mil
Prescott......2.1 mil
Cobb.....4.5 mil
Witten ....4.2 mil

Jason Garrett....$6,000,000 for this season......$30,000,000 over his entire contract.......Let's all clap for that.

Defense
D Lawrence ......$105,000,000 Over his entire contract
Robert Quinn.....7 mil
Tyrone Crawford.......$45,000,000 Over his total contract

and parking is $75
The team has already started down a road they can't turn back from. They pretty much have to ride or die with the guys they have paid.
One thing I have always disagreed with is the Cowboys refusal to draft quality players at positions where they already have a starter they like. What if they had drafted a quality backup to Zeke before this season. The truth is, they had all the leverage on Zeke..he wasn't in the final year of his contract, Hell, they could have franchised him a couple of times after his final two years and held on to him for 4 years for half of what they paid him, but they caved..because Jerry thought he had a SB team in place and he had no plan B at RB. Now to Dak..What if you had drafted a kid, I'm not talking with their top pick(though Taco and THill show that's not the worst idea). Dak has had a good year, though he has played pretty average in their biggest moments this year. He deserves to be paid, but now Jerry has ZERO leverage. He's got Cooper Rush sitting over there and that's it. Can't draft a rookie and throw him into the fire now. I'm not suggesting parting ways with Dak, but if there were a young QB with some ability on the roster, maybe they could at least hold his deal under $38-40 million.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing that could happen for this team is to lose the remaining 3 games. It is very possible as this team has appeared to have quit . As far as I am concerned the team is riding on a captainless ship teetering on the edge of Niagara falls. 6-10 would mean a draft pick in top half of first round. I think 7-9 is the likely ceiling for this team. Need to draft a corner or a big defensive tackle in 1st round. Then later in draft take the best kicker available. Garrot is gone and urban meyer is the likely successor IMO.. Maybe keep kitna and Moore on as assistants and get the best DC available. This shit will need to happen fast. The fact that jerruh has not fired garrett yet to me means most of this coaching staff is as good as gone. Need a new defensive scheme.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has already started down a road they can't turn back from. They pretty much have to ride or die with the guys they have paid.
One thing I have always disagreed with is the Cowboys refusal to draft quality players at positions where they already have a starter they like. What if they had drafted a quality backup to Zeke before this season. The truth is, they had all the leverage on Zeke..he wasn't in the final year of his contract, Hell, they could have franchised him a couple of times after his final two years and held on to him for 4 years for half of what they paid him, but they caved..because Jerry thought he had a SB team in place and he had no plan B at RB. Now to Dak..What if you had drafted a kid, I'm not talking with their top pick(though Taco and THill show that's not the worst idea). Dak has had a good year, though he has played pretty average in their biggest moments this year. He deserves to be paid, but now Jerry has ZERO leverage. He's got Cooper Rush sitting over there and that's it. Can't draft a rookie and throw him into the fire now. I'm not suggesting parting ways with Dak, but if there were a young QB with some ability on the roster, maybe they could at least hold his deal under $38-40 million.
Cowboys should franchise dak. Maybe sign Amari to extension. Amari is a top 5 receiver and is in his prime. Dak has not looked that good against good defenses. I am not ready to offer him that big payday. I also let byron Jones walk as he simply has no ball skills. Draft his replacement early in draft after losing out

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In closing whoever is responsible for keeping maher on the team can go fuck themselves. I am angry

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys should franchise dak. Maybe sign Amari to extension. Amari is a top 5 receiver and is in his prime. Dak has not looked that good against good defenses. I am not ready to offer him that big payday. I also let byron Jones walk as he simply has no ball skills. Draft his replacement early in draft after losing out
I can't argue any of that. I wouldn't break the bank on BJ with the way he has played, and I would franchise Dak and draft a QB in round 1 or two..worst case with that pick is you have a real solid backup for years to come

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way in Hell I would give him 10 years and $400 million. And before some folks start talking about how I hate Dak, just stop it. 5 years and $175 million, if he turns it down, I transition tag him, sign a decent backup and draft a QB high...and it wouldn't be a bluff

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off Amari is not a top 5 WR. just stop it.
He is a true #1, but that doesnt make him a top 5 guy.
You sign Dak long term & then maybe fran tag Cooper.
Not the other way around.
I am actually fine if we dont pay Jones though. I can agree there.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if Dak signs a ten year deal. Since I heard he wanted less years on the contract.
However if it was a crazy # like 10 yrs for 400 mil.
That would be fine to me. There is no way the last few years would be realistically honored & it would be just to push the yearly average up for the QBs ego/pride. Which would mean the realistic Avg. # would be much less than 40 mil per.
Probably be around 6 years of real #'s.

but most importantly I dont believe any player is gonna sign a 10 yr deal. Seems like clickbait to me.
(Maybe a long snapper)

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

this would guarantee mediocrity for the next 10 years. Look at Dak’s record versus winning teams since 2016. Leads the league in passing but his yards lately have come in garbage time. Not on the top 10 list of QBs I would want in the league. He has not been able to beat any good QBs this year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no way in Hell I would give him 10 years and $400 million. And before some folks start talking about how I hate Dak, just stop it. 5 years and $175 million, if he turns it down, I transition tag him, sign a decent backup and draft a QB high...and it wouldn't be a bluff
If theres about 250 non guaranteed on the final 5vyears I'd be on board here. Ain't now way in hell would I guarantee any QB contracts that long.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Tannenbaum the same idiot who said Dallas should sign Antonio Brown?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way this team has caved there is no chance I'm giving Dak near $40M right now (and I don't even know for sure if I'd give him $35M). We have entered a transition period. He can get tagged and holdout if he chooses or he can sign for less. He had us over a barrel for about a month when he was playing lights out and the team looked like a contender. Now? I don't see a team worth worrying about for this year or next year right now. I said from day one of these negotiations if a new coach comes in you can't sign Dak to a huge deal until you know that coaches feelings on him and that is where we are obviously heading. If I'm the Cowboys I shut down negotiations until after a new HC is in place at this point.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this team has caved there is no chance I'm giving Dak near $40M right now (and I don't even know for sure if I'd give him $35M). We have entered a transition period. He can get tagged and holdout if he chooses or he can sign for less. He had us over a barrel for about a month when he was playing lights out and the team looked like a contender. Now? I don't see a team worth worrying about for this year or next year right now. I said from day one of these negotiations if a new coach comes in you can't sign Dak to a huge deal until you know that coaches feelings on him and that is where we are obviously heading. If I'm the Cowboys I shut down negotiations until after a new HC is in place at this point.
If they transition tagged him there is no team in the league that would give up the two #1's and meet his asking price. Not one

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is idiotic to waste a first round pick on a quarterback, there is so much more pressing needs than that. Dak Prescott was not the reason this team has underachieved and to treat him as such is franchise malfeasance. The guy is a franchise QB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is idiotic to waste a first round pick on a quarterback, there is so much more pressing needs than that. Dak Prescott was not the reason this team has underachieved and to treat him as such is franchise malfeasance. The guy is a franchise QB.
He's not worth $40 million per year. Just isnt

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not worth $40 million per year. Just isnt
He deserves to be paid like a franchise QB whether its 40 mil or not that’s up to Dak and the front office to negotiate but he’s the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys for the foreseeable future and he’s deserves to be paid as such not competing for the starting job like he’s the second coming of Marcus Mariota or Jamarcus Russell. Let’s stop being ridiculous.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they transition tagged him there is no team in the league that would give up the two #1's and meet his asking price. Not one
If we Franchise tag Dak. We would literally be renting him for the year while trying to find his replacement.
This is not gonna happen. He will have a long term deal before next season starts. Whether fans like that idea or not.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we Franchise tag Dak. We would literally be renting him for the year while trying to find his replacement.
This is not gonna happen. He will have a long term deal before next season starts. Whether fans like that idea or not.
I don't think anyone is debating the fact that he will get a long term deal or not, or even that he is a quality starting QB or not, I'm certainly not. I think what's being debated is whether or not he is worth $40 million per year(he's not) and whether this team would be better off, in the long run, with a cheaper option and more financial freedom. Once he starts making more money than anyone in the entire NFL, some talent is going to have to go, be it BJones, Quinn, ACooper, whoever. We are sitting on 6 wins with the talent that we have now