• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat. You don't understand what a participation trophy means. It's not a literal trophy. :L

No one can offer a fully factual statement about a fictitious system no one has seen.

Hello?
another "I cannot refute what you said" facepalm. Good thing for you they are free and unlimited.

what, exactly, are you thinking changes going from 4 to 8 when it comes to your participation trophy comments? All it does is give a few more teams a shot. Teams who don't win get nothing.

We all can offer what we think should happen. For some reason the Status Quo Crew gets offended if anyone disagrees with them on their opinions.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one team whose schedule has consistently been worse in the CFP era.
Show me one article that supports your claim that overall we have more quality now as a sport, than we did before the CFP era. You keep making a blanket claim using at best one or two teams, without one single factual post to support it, as though that alone is proof of something.

If you want to use bama I'd still say that's one of 130, but at a minimum you MUST show us their quality of OOC going back to pre BCS era to fully support it.

Period.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you even on about now. I said it's more likely he gets hit by lightning than every P5 having an undefeated team at seasons end. It hasn't ever happened. We don't get more than 2 normally, more or less 5. Are you following this?
In fact I am.....and you are thinking more likely I get struck by lightening 3X (I know no one who ever has) than 5 undefeated teams. Unlikely? sure...but all it would have taken this season was UGA, OK and Utah or Oregon not losing to middling teams...5 would have gone into CCGs undefeated.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another "I cannot refute what you said" facepalm. Good thing for you they are free and unlimited.

what, exactly, are you thinking changes going from 4 to 8 when it comes to your participation trophy comments? All it does is give a few more teams a shot. Teams who don't win get nothing.

We all can offer what we think should happen. For some reason the Status Quo Crew gets offended if anyone disagrees with them on their opinions.
No, they are talking about auto bids, not just going to 8. Holy fuck are you lost dude. Damn.

Auto bids give a slot to a team on the backs of a broken system that views all wins the same, but has wacky unbalanced schedules and ignores games played OOC.

It's broken already, so putting more importance on it is stupid IMO. It's about the same as a participation trophy. You can skip big time teams in your conference and still be ranked against those that don't. You are at the luck of the draw for scheduling.

It's dumb. Get it?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact I am.....and you are thinking more likely I get struck by lightening 3X (I know no one who ever has) than 5 undefeated teams. Unlikely? sure...but all it would have taken this season was UGA, OK and Utah or Oregon not losing to middling teams...5 would have gone into CCGs undefeated.
Again, there has never been 4. Doubt there has been 3 more than once or twice.

In the last 70 years there has only been like 6 undefeated seasons in the Pac. They don't do it often. Hasn't happened since Carroll was at USC and those were vacated. It's not a thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one article that supports your claim that overall we have more quality now as a sport, than we did before the CFP era. You keep making a blanket claim using at best one or two teams, without one single factual post to support it, as though that alone is proof of something.

If you want to use bama I'd still say that's one of 130, but at a minimum you MUST show us their quality of OOC going back to pre BCS era to fully support it.

Period.
Never made that claim. Only said I knew of some teams that are scheduling tougher (and named them). You, of course, said schedules have gotten worse and have not named 1 team to support that claim. Telling, huh?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they are talking about auto bids, not just going to 8. Holy fuck are you lost dude. Damn.

Auto bids give a slot to a team on the backs of a broken system that views all wins the same, but has wacky unbalanced schedules and ignores games played OOC.

It's broken already, so putting more importance on it is stupid IMO. It's about the same as a participation trophy. You can skip big time teams in your conference and still be ranked against those that don't. You are at the luck of the draw for scheduling.

It's dumb. Get it?
I do get it. You are beyond irrational and are all over the place.

How does one receive the autobid? Do you remember? Is it just from participating or do they have to accomplish something? You can ask for help if you want. If you give up let me know and I'll answer.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat. You don't understand what a participation trophy means. It's not a literal trophy. :L

No one can offer a fully factual statement about a fictitious system no one has seen.

Hello?
I am telling you, and im not saying this to be derogatory, but the guy has to be autistic.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, there has never been 4. Doubt there has been 3 more than once or twice.

In the last 70 years there has only been like 6 undefeated seasons in the Pac. They don't do it often. Hasn't happened since Carroll was at USC and those were vacated. It's not a thing.
agree not likely. And how many times have you been struck by lightening?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you, and im not saying this to be derogatory, but the guy has to be autistic.
Ya gotta love the anti-8 Crew.

Many profanity laced, name-calling meltdowns because other CFB fans don't agree with their opinions.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I was overdramatizing it....or maybe just being snide and sarcastic. I (we) have a tendency to do that here on the hoop from time to time. So, I'll continue with it.

Woe be it to ever change and evolve because change and evolution might slaughter some sacred cows. It it weren't for that confounded change, we'd be having these conversations around the local coffee shops instead of the internet with people from all over the planet. Damn progress ruins everything.
Ya got the facepalm which we know = "I cannot refute what you said" here.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how rivals posters can only lie and make things up when confronted with the facts. Facepalm means what you said is too stupid to even bother responding to.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get it. You are beyond irrational and are all over the place.

How does one receive the autobid? Do you remember? Is it just from participating or do they have to accomplish something? You can ask for help if you want. If you give up let me know and I'll answer.
Look you worthless fuck stick. I already answered you. Stop being so dumb.

What was the rest that I said? Do you have a freaking clue what an imbalanced schedule is? Should I walk you through it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The participation trophy argument is literally the dumbest possible argument against 8 team playoff/autobid.
worse was when they have claimed it's like the NFL and their participation trophies.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So you're arguing against something some sportswriter dreamed up as if that's the only format they could choose from.
yes....and if you don't support every proposition it means you never wanted change and we should stay at 4 forever.

And FTR, I remember many saying they never wanted any CFP. Used to be a great Beavis/butthead skit from Rivals that was hilarious....though I think it only made fun of SEC fans. I'll look for it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So spell out what you think im skipping. I've never ducked an argument in all the years you've known me. Why would I start now?
sure....

you - "teams are scheduling weaker now with the CFP"
me - "great, tell me one team who is scheduling consistently weaker"
you -

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Typical Rivals poster.
There is no "typical Rivals' poster" they are the same as here. There are some reasonable posters, and they also have their share of irrational posters like yourself.

There are many there like there are here who base their comments on the poster and not the post, as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it really doesn't.

An expansion to 8 teams could be easily done while keeping the CCG's. I do like the other option you suggested of 11 conference games (although the SEC would have to drop a couple of teams).

As things are currently set up. You keep the CCG's. Autobid the conference champs in and you let the committee pick the at large teams.

In a year like this one, say Colorado had beaten Utah. That would have put 8-4 USC in the CCG. Now let's say they upset the Ducks...

As conference champs, you'd have 8-4 USC in the playoff. You then have the committee seed the teams. USC would likely end up with a low seed (7 or 8) and no home game.

The reward for winning the conference is the playoff berth. The "punishment" for not having the resume' of the other conference champs is the low seed, having to play on the road and likely being out after 1 game.

Meanwhile, because they went to the playoff, maybe another PAC team gets a better bowl game?

Really not seeing the problem.
I'd even be OK if they added a caveat saying a team must lose no more than 3 to be in the CFP if they wanted.

Truth be told, though, I cannot recall a year in the last decade or so (other than when OSU/PSU were on probation) where a 4-loss team won.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Typical Rivals poster thinks they can make up whatever they want and call it truth without any reality involved.