• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Chicago White Sox '21-'22 offseason

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing's for sure......Semien's cha-ching factor just went up a notch or two. He won the GG for 2b.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fear it'll be lynn, giolito, cease, kopech and keuchel until they discover keuchel is shit.

This is the rotation going into next year. They’re not paying Keuchel $18 Million to be a long reliever, and he’s untradeable at this point.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the rotation going into next year. They’re not paying Keuchel $18 Million to be a long reliever, and he’s untradeable at this point.
they paid him $18M to miss the playoffs. if he sucks like he did most of the season i don't think he'll be playing much.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this isn't an accurate projection of how the Sox will fare in the top 50 free agent class this winter:

Top 50 free agents, 3 different writers offering predictions as to where the players will end up = 150 predicted signings. Collectively they only have the Good Guys inking three of them: Michael Conforto, #32, Eduardo Escobar, #35, and Jonathan Villar, #43. And the sad part is Escobar and Villar cancel each other out, so there's really only two of them. Let's hope Hahn & Co can do better than this.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this isn't an accurate projection of how the Sox will fare in the top 50 free agent class this winter:

Top 50 free agents, 3 different writers offering predictions as to where the players will end up = 150 predicted signings. Collectively they only have the Good Guys inking three of them: Michael Conforto, #32, Eduardo Escobar, #35, and Jonathan Villar, #43. And the sad part is Escobar and Villar cancel each other out, so there's really only two of them. Let's hope Hahn & Co can do better than this.

The Sox are considered close to a complete team by the general public. I doubt anyone has them making a huge splash this winter.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect the Sox will plunge some resources into the 2nd base need and "develop" the pitching staff and RF from within.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox are considered close to a complete team by the general public. I doubt anyone has them making a huge splash this winter.
not sure what you mean by 'splash', but, if they don't shore up some pretty significant weaknesses they will end up being a good team but not a true competitor for a championship. they 'look' fairly solid in left (maybe), right and ss. average at starting pitching, 3rd, catching, and first base. until proven differently they look weak at 2nd, right and relief pitching.
if they don't splash we won't do as well next year than we did this year.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what you mean by 'splash', but, if they don't shore up some pretty significant weaknesses they will end up being a good team but not a true competitor for a championship. they 'look' fairly solid in left (maybe), right and ss. average at starting pitching, 3rd, catching, and first base. until proven differently they look weak at 2nd, right and relief pitching.
if they don't splash we won't do as well next year than we did this year.

I don’t disagree, just speaking to the pundits making predictions for the White Sox off-season. They’re not the Yankees, no one is looking to see them spend $200 Million.

Although frankly if the rotation doesn’t put it together for the full season next year there are no moves they can make to take the next step. If Lynn/Giolito/Cease don’t deliver this team is doomed against the contenders.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than come out with three separate posts, I'm linking 3 Sox articles below, all from NBC Sports Chicago. They cover the Rodon and Kimbrel situations, along with discussing areas of need.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than come out with three separate posts, I'm linking 3 Sox articles below, all from NBC Sports Chicago. They cover the Rodon and Kimbrel situations, along with discussing areas of need.

I also recommend listening to the podcast attached to these articles featuring a discussion with Dylan Cease. If Cease improves again for the 3rd year in a row - he could be an elite starter. He was the one starter - who had no arm troubles and finished the season with innings left on his arm.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also recommend listening to the podcast attached to these articles featuring a discussion with Dylan Cease. If Cease improves again for the 3rd year in a row - he could be an elite starter. He was the one starter - who had no arm troubles and finished the season with innings left on his arm.
Thanks, I didn't even catch this, I'll make a point of doing so. I'm with you on Cease. If he can just get past the inconsistencies, which is way easier said than done, but if he can, there's no doubt he can turn into an elite starter, as in top 10 type of elite.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the second of these says what amounts to absolutely nothing. a waste of reporting.
fact is all of these articles are pretty much blah blah blah! we know what we need and we know who we've got. it's time for action, not ongoing babble.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Hahn's major focus this offseason will be on the bullpen. Crazy to see all the names that are leaving.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Rick Hahn get played?

A one-year, $18.4 million qualifying offer ended up being a non-starter for both parties, it seems. Boras said he and Rodón were pursuing a multi-year deal “and weren’t going to sign a one-year contract.”

The could of course be some behind-the-scenes stuff taking place that could alter the narrative. But it must have been obvious to Hahn from day one that Boras would have Rodon reject the QO and seek a multi year contract. Hahn had nothing to lose whatsoever by applying the QO. Remember, they placed one on Pito, yet still worked out a deal, so he can't use slapping the tag on him as an excuse for possibly missing out on bring him back for a longer term deal. If Rodon signs elsewhere, which is a distinct possibility, maybe even likely, then Hahn has no one else to blame except himself for missing out on an additional high draft pick.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A one-year, $18.4 million qualifying offer ended up being a non-starter for both parties, it seems. Boras said he and Rodón were pursuing a multi-year deal “and weren’t going to sign a one-year contract.”

The could of course be some behind-the-scenes stuff taking place that could alter the narrative. But it must have been obvious to Hahn from day one that Boras would have Rodon reject the QO and seek a multi year contract. Hahn had nothing to lose whatsoever by applying the QO. Remember, they placed one on Pito, yet still worked out a deal, so he can't use slapping the tag on him as an excuse for possibly missing out on bring him back for a longer term deal. If Rodon signs elsewhere, which is a distinct possibility, maybe even likely, then Hahn has no one else to blame except himself for missing out on an additional high draft pick.
all this may be true .... IF, you're right about rodon. but IF he's the same guy we've known for 7 years then you are backing the wrong horse. i doubt very much hahn got 'played'. of COURSE rodon wants a multi-year deal. you really think hahn didn't know this?
i really hope some team is dumb enough to give him a deal better than the qo would have been.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boras: ""“When you think about sculpting a pitching staff, your Thinking Man,” Boras said, referencing Auguste Rodin’s bronze sculpture, The Thinker, “the target without a doubt is Rodón.”
A one-year, $18.4 million qualifying offer ended up being a non-starter for both parties, it seems. Boras said he and Rodón were pursuing a multi-year deal “and weren’t going to sign a one-year contract.”""

and you believe him? LOL

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all this may be true .... IF, you're right about rodon. but IF he's the same guy we've known for 7 years then you are backing the wrong horse. i doubt very much hahn got 'played'. of COURSE rodon wants a multi-year deal. you really think hahn didn't know this?
i really hope some team is dumb enough to give him a deal better than the qo would have been.

I agree with idseer. Of course Boras will talk a big game after the fact, and Rodon would prefer a multi-year contract to a 1 year deal coming off his best season. But what if they test the market and get nothing but 1-2 year offers because of the injury risk? The conversation between Boras and Rodon would be interesting - take the guaranteed $18M or gamble someone will bet on your health. I don't see any team doing that with a longer term offer, and could see a situation where Rodon takes the bird in the hand so he can cash in the next year.

Hahn clearly wasn't willing to accept paying $18M to Rodon next year under any circumstance, so gambling for a draft pick might not be the best use of your limited budget when you're trying to win a World Series. I was disappointed when I first heard the news but after thinking it through I'm on Hahn's side here.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahn played a similar game with Rodon last year - with his release and then signing for $3 million - one of the better bargains in MLB last year. It could be that the Sox agreed with Boras not to put on a Qualifying offer - if the Sox got a last look at any deal Boras and Rodon get in the free market. That's how to make sense of this situation.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three more articles for potential discussion:

Not surprising at all, but nevertheless a hearty congrats to Liam!

We'll probably see a dozen of these types of articles in the coming weeks/months to the point of ad nauseum. But I have to say this one is a bit intriguing. Richards career as a starter for the Angels was really gathering some serious steam and was at one point considered a top 10 in the AL until injuries started taking their toll. As this article points out, his days in the rotation, at least on a regular basis, may have come to an end, but he seems to have found new life in the pen. We may already have our LR/Spot starter locked up in RLo, but it might not hurt to scratch the surface here and see what pops up.

And finally:

One can dream, can't one?