• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case For Wisconsin as National Champion

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meanwhile Husker is finishing a glass of titty milk and pus from a 1 ton animal.

Boom
Hey guy, go ask your mom for better material, that one was a solid thud when it comes to landings. Quite the let-down

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be clear here: I don't think we deserve the title. I absolutely do think it's horseshit that a bunch of teams with worse losses than us get their shit forgiven because of their so-called good wins and so-called tough schedules. This isn't directed at Oklahoma, who legitimately has great wins.

But the other three teams? We just beat Clemson's best opponent on their homefield. We didn't lose to Syracuse. And obviously I have hindsight on my side, but our conference beat the shit out of theirs.

I absolutely think our resume is better than Clemson's today. And Clemson is the #1 seed. Whatever team survives the two games to get the title will have earned it. But do I think Wisconsin would have gone 12-1 with Clemson's schedule? No, we would have gone 13-0. Same for Alabama's schedule. Same for Georgia's schedule. And it's horseshit that they get to play for the title then we don't because some bureaucrats decided the B1G wasn't good enough before we went 8-0 in bowl games.

I understand where you're coming from and it makes perfect sense. However, it's obvious that the committee gives credit to teams that have won a championship or been to the CFP recently over a team that hasn't been there. That's not in their rules but it's obvious that's how they rank teams. Washington, OSU, Clemson and Bama were all drastically overrated this season.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah...I'm a fucking idiot...the end.

In all seriousness, can you claim with a straight face that Clemson has a better resume than us?

I didn't mean for this thread to be serious (it was meant to be a trollish thread), but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, can you claim with a straight face that Clemson has a better resume than us?

I didn't mean for this thread to be serious (it was meant to be a trollish thread), but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am.
I have zero doubt you believe it...I mean you're Smart and all.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old BCS playoff system would have Wisconsin as #1 today.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the @Great Dayne agreed with you and you realized the error of your ways?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero doubt you believe it...I mean you're Smart and all.

You didn't answer the question. Do you truly believe that this instant Clemson has a better resume than us?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1.) No Power Five Team lost fewer games than us
(2.) We put together our record in the best conference in America
(3.) Our loss is better than that of any team in the playoffs

Simply put, none of the playoff teams deserve this shit over us. We didn't lost to Syracuse or Iowa State. We didn't play in a conference with bowl losses. I may be a little intoxicated, but it's clear we deserve the title.
Thanks for the laugh. Sleep well knowing you were the reason I took the gun out of my mouth

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, i havent been a milk drinker since i was a child a very long time ago.........i get it mommy makes you drink milk therefore everybody drinks milk, but that isnt how the real world works. Milk provides very little nutrition in the grand scheme of things.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old BCS playoff system would have Wisconsin as #1 today.

giphy.gif

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer the question. Do you truly believe that this instant Clemson has a better resume than us?
Absolutely

You are the Iowa from 2 years ago and would get skull fucked in the playoff. Shit Miami should have beat you and got screwed multiple times. Quit living in a fantasy world and never bring this shit up again.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers beat OSU by three scores if backup #8 doesn't play. BCS would have Wisconsin as the National Champs for sure.

But guess what you wound up with instead.... ?

Yes that's right...

wait for it pussy...

just a little longer now...

here it comes...

... A HUGE PLATTER OF POOP FOR YOU TO CHOKE ON!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely

You are the Iowa from 2 years ago and would get skull fucked in the playoff. Shit Miami should have beat you and got screwed multiple times. Quit living in a fantasy world and never bring this shit up again.

LOL. Iowa trailed in the fourth quarter of seven games. We just finished a 14 game season where we only trailed in the fourth quarter of one game. Everyone kept saying we'd lose by 38 in our bowl game like Iowa did. Yet here we are, 13-1 in a conference that's 7-0 in bowl games. We outgained 13 of 14 opponents as well (Iowa was outgained four times).

People can hate on, but this Wisconsin team kicked ass. Obviously, we didn't deserve the title despite the traction y'all gave this troll thread, but 118 teams in America would trade their season for ours in a heartbeat.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no case for being the champ. However, after 55 years of watching Wisconsin football, I can say without reservations that this has been the most enjoyable year to be a Wisconsin fan.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Iowa trailed in the fourth quarter of seven games. We just finished a 14 game season where we only trailed in the fourth quarter of one game. Everyone kept saying we'd lose by 38 in our bowl game like Iowa did. Yet here we are, 13-1 in a conference that's 7-0 in bowl games. We outgained 13 of 14 opponents as well (Iowa was outgained four times).

People can hate on, but this Wisconsin team kicked ass. Obviously, we didn't deserve the title despite the traction y'all gave this troll thread, but 118 teams in America would trade their season for ours in a heartbeat.
Who did you beat world killer? Right now Auburn has a better resume.