• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns being the Browns

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky's a good QB but if I'm Cleveland I go Garrett at 1 and trade #12 to the Pats for jimmy.
I think its insane to trade a high first for him, he plated what 2 good games? kinda........

hell brock did that..........

Look at all the monster qb's that have produced as bradys understudy

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its insane to trade a high first for him, he plated what 2 good games? kinda........

hell brock did that..........

Look at all the monster qb's that have produced as bradys understudy
Jimmy is a lot different than any back up NE has ever had. Jimmy is much more talented than any of the guys that have back up Brady. He fits the mold of an elite QB much better than anyone that has ever backed up Brady. Mallett was traded for potato chips and I don't think anyone really thought he would be good. Cassel was packaged with mike vrabel for a 2nd rounder, and I don't think anyone was claiming him to be a superstar QB. Hoyer has really been pretty good wherever he landed after NE. Not great, but played like a quality starter. Jimmy is still young, and I remember a lot of scouts high on him when he was drafted. A few years learning behind Brady and Belichek doesn't hurt either. I really do get the sense that Belichek wants Jimmy g as his next starter, it's just the timing is a little bit off. It's a totally different scenario than any other NE back up has had. He has legit superstar potential. As a bears fan, id rather trade my first pick for Jimmy g than draft any QB in this draft with it. I'd much rather use it on Garrett, Allen, or Some other elite defensive prospect than acquire a QB though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But passing on Wentz was a good idea, right?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is a lot different than any back up NE has ever had. Jimmy is much more talented than any of the guys that have back up Brady. He fits the mold of an elite QB much better than anyone that has ever backed up Brady. Mallett was traded for potato chips and I don't think anyone really thought he would be good. Cassel was packaged with mike vrabel for a 2nd rounder, and I don't think anyone was claiming him to be a superstar QB. Hoyer has really been pretty good wherever he landed after NE. Not great, but played like a quality starter. Jimmy is still young, and I remember a lot of scouts high on him when he was drafted. A few years learning behind Brady and Belichek doesn't hurt either. I really do get the sense that Belichek wants Jimmy g as his next starter, it's just the timing is a little bit off. It's a totally different scenario than any other NE back up has had. He has legit superstar potential. As a bears fan, id rather trade my first pick for Jimmy g than draft any QB in this draft with it. I'd much rather use it on Garrett, Allen, or Some other elite defensive prospect than acquire a QB though.
based on what, how is he more talented? the others were touted as well? How does he fit the mold? hes barely played? Scouts were high on some others as well, mallet was a 3rd round pick, with 1st round grades with character cocerns, this is purely conjecture on your part

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what, how is he more talented? the others were touted as well? How does he fit the mold? hes barely played? Scouts were high on some others as well, mallet was a 3rd round pick, with 1st round grades with character cocerns, this is purely conjecture on your part
Mallet was drafted in a draft that was probably the worst QB class of memory. It was him Locker, Ponder, and some other shitty QB no one wanted. None of those QBs had legit 1st round potential. And none of the other guys were even considered high end QBs in their own drafts. They were clearly just back ups to fringe starters. A lot of scouts were high on Jimmy G. Some people even thought he would be gone in the first round. He has the tools, leadership, and ability to be elite. Who other than Mallett was a young QB with upside? Which other QBs that backed up Brady were more than just back ups (even though mallet was a crappy starter)?

BB didn't ask for the world for any of their back ups until jimmy g. I seriously believe BB wants to hang onto jimmy g to seemlessly transition from Brady. It's why he's asking for so much.

It's also pure conjecture on both our parts since neither of us really actually know, so don't act like a snooty little bitch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty Asinine to say the Goff sucks, after a. Starting less then half the season b. Having inexperienced offensive/bad coaching c. a qb that was sacked 26 times in seven game, not counting, all the other pressure statistics

He sucks lol

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not bad for a 2nd year player. He needs to work his accuracy but back to back 4000 yard seasons isnt too bad. Still only 23
4000 yards is nothing in todays nfl. Its what 3000 uards used to be. Matt schaub once threw for 4700 yards. Its such a bloated stat.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word from the Combine is that while they like Mitchell they won't pass on Garrett.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im edgy. He has 33 picks and 16 fumbles in 2 years. He doesn't read defenses well and he forces balls into places they shouldn't be.
Dont give me the no receivers crap.
Wow, Just Wow.

Win Total 2 Previous Years to Winston = 6
Win Total in Winstons 2 years = 15

I love how you Ignore
8000 Yards
50 TDs
7 Rushing TDs

And he is 23....

But lets compare what you post to Brett Favres first 2 years
37 INTs
26 Fumbles
6500 yards
37 TDs
2 Rushing TDs

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Just Wow.

I love how you Ignore
8000 Yards
50 TDs
7 Rushing TDs

And he is 23....

37 INTs
26 Fumbles
6500 yards
37 TDs
2 Rushing TDs

Jeez....I like Winston as a QB and the future he has, but please don't make these comparisons. Passing in 1992/93 is nothing like passing in 2015/16. It's practically a totally different game.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Just Wow.

I love how you Ignore
8000 Yards
50 TDs
7 Rushing TDs

And he is 23....

37 INTs
26 Fumbles
6500 yards
37 TDs
2 Rushing TDs
I think favres overrated.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez....I like Winston as a QB and the future he has, but please don't make these comparisons. Passing in 1992/93 is nothing like passing in 2015/16. It's practically a totally different game.

So it would make Sense Winston would have More Turnovers than someone passing back then right? Not Less. All I was showing was how taking INT and Fumbles (not even lost, just Fumbles) and saying a QB is bad, makes no sense.

Favre threw More Picks, while throwing less passes, and Fumbling more. Yet he does not Suck...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it would make Sense Winston would have More Turnovers than someone passing back then right? Not Less. All I was showing was how taking INT and Fumbles (not even lost, just Fumbles) and saying a QB is bad, makes no sense.

Favre threw More Picks, while throwing less passes, and Fumbling more. Yet he does not Suck...

I honestly don't care much about whether someone believes Winston sucks - he doesn't...but I'd like to see a jump in year 3. I just think comparing any passing stat (unless somehow, somebody from decades ago outperformed an equal talent in todays game) between Favres first two full seasons and todays game is a terrible argument - the average QB rating has gone up 15 points.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4000 yards is nothing in todays nfl. Its what 3000 uards used to be. Matt schaub once threw for 4700 yards. Its such a bloated stat.

I agree but if you look at other stats he has been pretty decent, not great by any means. He needs to take care of the ball more but like I said only 23. I hope he fails but I am impressed early in his career. I dislike the guy honestly

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im edgy. He has 33 picks and 16 fumbles in 2 years. He doesn't read defenses well and he forces balls into places they shouldn't be.
Dont give me the no receivers crap.

Again he is 23 and progressing every year. I would take those numbers for a 23 year old anyday. Not every team is lucky enough to have a Brady wjn a SB in his 2nd year. Winston doesnt have the best team around him but through 2 years the future looks good for the Bucs with him at QB, no doubt.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallet was drafted in a draft that was probably the worst QB class of memory. It was him Locker, Ponder, and some other shitty QB no one wanted. None of those QBs had legit 1st round potential. And none of the other guys were even considered high end QBs in their own drafts. They were clearly just back ups to fringe starters. A lot of scouts were high on Jimmy G. Some people even thought he would be gone in the first round. He has the tools, leadership, and ability to be elite. Who other than Mallett was a young QB with upside? Which other QBs that backed up Brady were more than just back ups (even though mallet was a crappy starter)?

BB didn't ask for the world for any of their back ups until jimmy g. I seriously believe BB wants to hang onto jimmy g to seemlessly transition from Brady. It's why he's asking for so much.

It's also pure conjecture on both our parts since neither of us really actually know, so don't act like a snooty little bitch.
who says he has tools, skills, and leadership? his 4 games? so did kyle boller

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch`s reaction
Scared.png

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the Browns GM, I take Myles Garrett with #1 Jamal Adams at #12 (or Ramczyk) and then Mitch in the 2nd round.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the Browns GM, I take Myles Garrett with #1 Jamal Adams at #12 (or Ramczyk) and then Mitch in the 2nd round.

Adams will not make it to #12 and Mitch won't be there in the 2nd. Teams have Mitch at the top of their QB board so good chance he doesn't make it out of the top-7.