• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Broncos vs AFC West in the Playoffs

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said the average bettor doesn't always look at all the stats that they should. I expect this to be a pretty close game. San Diego will probably stick to the same plan they had in the 1st 2 meetings in trying to run the ball, work the clock, and convert the 3rd downs that they should. Since they have been pretty successful at this tactic all year I expect them to at least have some success meaning the Broncos will have less chances to get the offense going keeping it a semi-low scoring game such as high 20's maybe low 30's.

I am expecting a high scoring game and possibly a blowout if the Broncos offense comes out executing like the greatest offense in NFL history that they are are.

As long as we don't beat ourselves, we win this game by 2-3 scores.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line will move depending on the action on each side, but the initial point spread is set based on a lot of different statistics.

The last 2 weeks, the Chargers struggled against KC's 2nd string and the Bengals really beat themselves more than the Chargers won in any convincing fashion.

4 Turnovers yet the Chargers only scored 6 points off of those turnovers.

Last time in Denver the Broncos made a bunch of mistakes, turnovers, penalties by the defense that gave up first downs, going 3 and out like 5 times in a row when they were one of the best offenses in the league.

We beat ourselves on that short week as well.

I don't think the odds makers expect a repeat performance like that by Denver, nor do I.

I agree with 6 points off 4 turnovers being an issue, but they still won by 17. As for the Bengals beating themselves, good god, give the SD defense a little credit. The strip of Bernard was a fantastic play by Butler, the first INT was created by pressure, the 2nd INT was perfect coverage on the tight end. Dalton isn't diving head first on the other fumble if the defense doesn't force them into a 3rd and 14. And Denver going 3 and out 5 times in a row is all on them? Maybe SD's defense had a bit to do with that?

Look if both teams play their best games Denver probably wins. But nobody every plays a perfect game. Not ever.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with 6 points off 4 turnovers being an issue, but they still won by 17. As for the Bengals beating themselves, good god, give the SD defense a little credit. The strip of Bernard was a fantastic play by Butler, the first INT was created by pressure, the 2nd INT was perfect coverage on the tight end. Dalton isn't diving head first on the other fumble if the defense doesn't force them into a 3rd and 14. And Denver going 3 and out 5 times in a row is all on them? Maybe SD's defense had a bit to do with that?

Look if both teams play their best games Denver probably wins. But nobody every plays a perfect game. Not ever.

I never said the Chargers Defense was terrible. But they are not all that great either. They do have an aggressive front 7 and got some pressure on Manning but the Broncos offense was off and played flat on a short week.

Hands down the Charges played better in that Thursday night game, but 1 game does not set a precedent or indicate an absolute trend.

My point about the 6 points on turnovers is they really failed to capitalize on those, which reflects on your offense.

The strip on Bernard was nice, but they got the ball on the 2 and ended up punting.

The other 3 turnovers were all bonehead plays by Dalton. So what if they defense caused a 3rd and 17? If Dalton doesn't dive and land on the ball like a peewee novice, they end up punting instead of turning it over.

The San Diego defense did not force those other 3 turnovers, they were straight up gifts.

If you make mistakes in the playoffs, and can't overcome them, that spells disaster.

If the Broncos play like they are capable of and have shown they can, they win this game by 2-3 scores.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget either..... Denver was up 28-6 in San Diego. So the game doesn't necessarily HAVE to be close...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am expecting a high scoring game and possibly a blowout if the Broncos offense comes out executing like the greatest offense in NFL history that they are are.

As long as we don't beat ourselves, we win this game by 2-3 scores.

I'm not quite ready to say the Broncos will blow them out. We definitely have the capabilities to do so with this offense but there is also the possibility that we come out a little flat at the beginning. The longer we allow San Diego to stay in the game the closer it will be obviously. We have to get them out of the game plan of being able to run on us whenever they want. This would maybe be one of those games that I would want to have the opening drive to march right down and score showing them we have come to play.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite ready to say the Broncos will blow them out. We definitely have the capabilities to do so with this offense but there is also the possibility that we come out a little flat at the beginning. The longer we allow San Diego to stay in the game the closer it will be obviously. We have to get them out of the game plan of being able to run on us whenever they want. This would maybe be one of those games that I would want to have the opening drive to march right down and score showing them we have come to play.

I'd still defer and go for the late 2nd quarter score with no time left and get the ball back at the start of the 3rd quarter.

Robbing San Diego of a possession is more advantageous.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still defer and go for the late 2nd quarter score with no time left and get the ball back at the start of the 3rd quarter.

Robbing San Diego of a possession is more advantageous.

Yeah still go back and forth on this. The idea of getting 14 points with the 2 straight possessions is just fun to watch. Plus really starting to trust the defense a little more. Was just listening to Mitch Unrein talk about the team right now and the mindset especially on defense that they have used the last 2 weeks of the season to really begin to gel as a unit and it really showed. Said practices have been a lot more intense this bye week than last and guys instead of going on vacation as much have been staying around to watch extra film. Just seems like a team focused on the prize!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah still go back and forth on this. The idea of getting 14 points with the 2 straight possessions is just fun to watch. Plus really starting to trust the defense a little more. Was just listening to Mitch Unrein talk about the team right now and the mindset especially on defense that they have used the last 2 weeks of the season to really begin to gel as a unit and it really showed. Said practices have been a lot more intense this bye week than last and guys instead of going on vacation as much have been staying around to watch extra film. Just seems like a team focused on the prize!

Great news.:suds:

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really is coaches preference, but McCoy will always defer to the 2nd half if he wins the toss. Different theories, both make sense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree if we can build up a double digit lead that would do wonders in getting them out of their run it and control the clock gameplan. However, I disagree about the opening drive. We had the opening drive on the Thursday night game and even got a touchdown on it, and it didn't do us much good.

I've always been a big fan of deferring to the second half when you win the toss. If you kick off to start the game, worst case scenario you're only down 7-0 when you get the ball. However, if you get the second half kickoff, you either get the first crack at catching up if you're down, or you get a chance to step on their throats if you're up (much like we did in the game in San Diego).