• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boston Red Sox: MLB's best team. Celtics in 5?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Buccs and Rock took turns one-upping each other to see who could degrade the guy the most.

Multiply that by 100,000,000 and that's what his life is going to be like now.

Uh-huh.

I'd be willing to bet that this "revelation" comes as no surprise to at a minimum half the people he's played basketball with over his career.

The guy has seen an opportunity to make a second career as an advocate and activist....

And what you're doing is buying it H,L,&S.

There's nothing courageous about admitting you're gay, just like there would be nothing courageous if Rasheed Wallace comes out and admits to enjoy sex with horses.

Although I doubt the media would trump such a revelation as "courageous"...but why not? It was just the way he was made right?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing courageous about admitting you're gay, just like there would be nothing courageous if Rasheed Wallace comes out and admits to enjoy sex with horses.

I knew it!

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh-huh.

I'd be willing to bet that this "revelation" comes as no surprise to at a minimum half the people he's played basketball with over his career.

The guy has seen an opportunity to make a second career as an advocate and activist....

And what you're doing is buying it H,L,&S.

Although I doubt the media would trump such a revelation as "courageous"...but why not? It was just the way he was made right?

I think you are missing the point here....on purpose. This is an unprecedented situation here for an active player to come out.

The good news: It is now easier for Manti Te'o to come out, as well.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you don't think openly gay people are subjected to more harassment, discrimination and violence because of their sexual preference than people who are heteros?

Come on dude... Gimme a break...

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're reading a little too much into this JD

He probably is a "hero" to some ... or maybe its the word "Hero" you're just humping.

Regardless things like this do go a long way in helping people that are gay have an easier time admitting or coming to grips with themselves

I think the word "hero" is a little much but its the concept of it. You're being too literal

Word...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone talking here about whether Dwight Howard will leave the Lakers. I'm still trying to figure out why the Lakers want to pay him a max deal?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD, purely out of curiosity... and you for or against gay marriage?

I don't really care about the issue honestly.

On its face, I'm for it, although I believe that it should be classified as something other than marriage.

The term marriage has, for thousands of years, defined the union between a man and a woman. Legitimizing gay "marriage" blurs that line.

For example, if you allow two men to "marry" what is to stop me from "marrying" my dog? Or my daughter? Or my oak tree?

Think it's crazy? People have left their estates to their pets. What if I were single and dying? What's to stop me from marrying my daughter so my estate can be passed on to her with the same benefits that my "wife" would enjoy?

So yeah, on its face, I have no problem with it, but people really need to give this more thought before just blindly supporting dismantling a human tradition that has been around for thousands of years.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Scal, every freakin' day...

:violin: Aw gee... Sure wish the postin' would be a bit better today... :violin:

????

It was a joke.

You said the same thing friday when I asked you a question. Since when is asking a question complaing?

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On its face, I'm for it, although I believe that it should be classified as something other than marriage.

The term marriage has, for thousands of years, defined the union between a man and a woman. Legitimizing gay "marriage" blurs that line.

For example, if you allow two men to "marry" what is to stop me from "marrying" my dog? Or my daughter? Or my oak tree?

Think it's crazy? People have left their estates to their pets. What if I were single and dying? What's to stop me from marrying my daughter so my estate can be passed on to her with the same benefits that my "wife" would enjoy?

So yeah, on its face, I have no problem with it, but people really need to give this more thought before just blindly supporting dismantling a human tradition that has been around for thousands of years.

SMFH...

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Equating another sound minded, legal-aged consenting adult human being to a dog or a tree... Not really sure how that applies.

And homosexuality isn't illegal... ince$t is.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's really more about gay couples getting the same tax breaks and benefits that you and your wife get. It has nothing to do with people leaving their estate to their pets. That can still happen regardless of whether gay couples are allowed to marry, or not.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hetero people can manipulate laws, taxes and other like loopholes via marriage just the same as anybody else.

Just like the gun argument... "banning something won't stop it from happening"

Kinda like abortion.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really more about gay couples getting the same tax breaks and benefits that you and your wife get. It has nothing to do with people leaving their estate to their pets. That can still happen regardless of whether gay couples are allowed to marry, or not.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that they should have some sort of arragnement that gives them all the benefits of marriage, but not called marriage because "that's ruining the sanctity of marriage" or whatever.

Makes no sense to me.

I couldn't give a shit less about two hetero's getting married, why should I care what two gays are doing?

If it is important to them to have a marriage, let them get married. I don't give a damn. I'm gonna watch the Celtics beat up on the Knicks on Wednesday night regardless...

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are missing the point here....on purpose. This is an unprecedented situation here for an active player to come out.

The good news: It is now easier for Manti Te'o to come out, as well.

So you've bought into the media spin.

Why am I not surprised?

This affects you and your life how? Makes it better or worse how?

It doesn't. You're caught up in what you see on your TV. That's it.

You're not a hero or courageous by telling a reporter you're gay, straight, a *********, or a necrophiliac.

Would a pro athlete be considered a "hero" "courageous" or a "leader" because he admitted to enjoying sex with toy poodles?