• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bills Head Coach position is now available

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what I just found. Ian Rapoport seems to think Jets (no clue why he would want that job)

The Bills are expected to have "strong interest" in Chargers OC Frank Reich as Doug Marrone's head-coaching replacement.

It sounds like Marrone is going to the Jets, who already fulfilled the Rooney Rule by interviewing RBs coach Anthony Lynn for their vacancy. They can hire Marrone as soon as they please. Reich replaced Ken Whisenhunt as the Chargers' offensive coordinator in 2014. He is a former quarterback for the Bills.

Marrone came from Syracuse.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already put in an application, i figure i got as bout a good a shot as anyone.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already put in an application, i figure i got as bout a good a shot as anyone.

As long as you can convince Jim Schwartz to stick around and run the defense, you should do alright.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, their next coach will be their 5th HC in a decade.
...lol,....and everyone wonders why the patriots are so dominant in their division ,.....just add-up all the H-C's and quarterbacks the bills, fins, jets have gone thru since 2000 =it's fkkn g-dam ~mind-boggling~....!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marrone got that clause put in because at the time he was hired, nobody knew how long Ralph was going to be around, and people didn't want to take the job with the possibility of ownership changing unexpectedly.

Cool, someone gets it.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polian told the Bills he isn't interested:

<h1 class="articleHeadline" id="articleHeadline"> Blog: Polian not returning to Bills </h1> - City & Region - The Buffalo News
Buffalo News said:
Polian said he had spoken with Bills owner Terry Pegula during the holidays about returning to the club in a "mentoring/advisory" role on the assumption that Doug Marrone would still be the head coach and quarterback Kyle Orton would still be on the roster.

"Then, the quarterback goes away and the coach disappears," Polian said, referring to Orton's decision to retire on Dec. 29 and Marrone's decision on Wednesday to exercise a clause that allowed him to vacate his contract with one year left.

"So the job, from my perspective, changed," Polian said. "It went from a mentoring and advising role, which would have been fun, to a real heavy lift -- hire a new coach, hire a staff, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

"The bottom line is the job description changed pretty dramatically and the most important thing is that it would have required a really long commitment to a new coach, who deserved a long commitment that I wasn't prepared to make. And that wouldn't have been fair to the organization or to whomever their new coach was. The coach is going to want to know that you're going to be there for a reasonably long time."
Too bad. My one very brief encounter with Polian convinced me he's one of the genuinely nice guys out there. I was waiting in line for Super Bowl tickets, standing in line outside in the pouring rain, with a few hundred other people. Just as the line had moved far enough to get me in the door, Polian came downstairs and said something like "What's going on here?" He then got someone to unlock a few doors so there was enough room for everybody to stand inside. On top of that, he sent somebody to the locker room to get towels for everybody to dry off. Apparently he was more concerned about people standing out in the rain than he was about memorabilia getting damaged or stolen.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always 1 step forward 2 back with this franchise. Hopefully our recent success will make it an attractive place for a top notch assistant or an actual NFL coach, and we don't have to settle for the Gailey and Jaurons of the NFL.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Egg will be all over Marone's face if he doesn't get another this offseason

I think there was some insider trading going on here...likely he already had conversations (thru his agent of course) about the NYJ job...if not, he still gets a big payday according to his opt out deal.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polian told the Bills he isn't interested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo News
Polian said he had spoken with Bills owner Terry Pegula during the holidays about returning to the club in a "mentoring/advisory" role on the assumption that Doug Marrone would still be the head coach and quarterback Kyle Orton would still be on the roster.

"Then, the quarterback goes away and the coach disappears," Polian said, referring to Orton's decision to retire on Dec. 29 and Marrone's decision on Wednesday to exercise a clause that allowed him to vacate his contract with one year left.

"So the job, from my perspective, changed," Polian said. "It went from a mentoring and advising role, which would have been fun, to a real heavy lift -- hire a new coach, hire a staff, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

"The bottom line is the job description changed pretty dramatically and the most important thing is that it would have required a really long commitment to a new coach, who deserved a long commitment that I wasn't prepared to make. And that wouldn't have been fair to the organization or to whomever their new coach was. The coach is going to want to know that you're going to be there for a reasonably long time."

<h1 class="articleHeadline" id="articleHeadline"> Blog: Polian not returning to Bills </h1> - City & Region - The Buffalo News

Too bad. My one very brief encounter with Polian convinced me he's one of the genuinely nice guys out there. .

I've never met the guy, but he's been very successful everywhere. I think the answer is in Polian's statement. Unless they just hate Marrone, call him back to the table with Polian and work out a deal where Polain thinks it's a good gig again.

Having Polain back in Buffalo would be the best news I've heard since the years Kelly, Reid, Thomas, smith and that crazy samoan as middle linebacker were all here.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why no Gary Kubiak rumors? Come on Buffalo! I can't think of a better fit...and hopefully Schwartz stays on as DC where he belongs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out that Marone was very unhappy with the Sammy Watkins trade giving up a future 1st round pick as well with the Browns... Marone and mgmt haven't see eye to eye since then... Just think, Bills could've stood pat and draft Beckhem and kept their 1st rounder in doing so...

He reportedly stomped out of the draft war room once Sammy was selected...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then his big head blew up before he got another job. Now the Jets don't even want him. LOL. ..Who quits one of the 32 best jobs in the world?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump!

Is Doug Marrone on the Baltimore Ravens' OC radar? - ESPN

Marrone, 50, opted out of his contract with the Buffalo Bills on Dec. 31, thinking he would get one of the available head coaching jobs after leading the Bills to their first winning season in a decade. But it looks like he is not going to be hired by any of the three teams he interviewed with (New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons and Chicago Bears).

Not sure if this was talked about yet... But thought it was pretty funny

:pound:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump!

Is Doug Marrone on the Baltimore Ravens' OC radar? - ESPN

Not sure if this was talked about yet... But thought it was pretty funny

:pound:

I thought he was in with the Jets...his interview here in ATL barely made a ripple.

We have a guy here that has a key position and is paid near the top of the pay scale for the industry. He's good at his job, but he's always talking about leaving...I've told him more than once...trust me, there are younger people out there that can do your job just as good for 20 grand less than you get paid...if you left here you will take a cut in pay.

Seems like Marrone or his agent overshot his value too.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was in with the Jets...his interview here in ATL barely made a ripple.

We have a guy here that has a key position and is paid near the top of the pay scale for the industry. He's good at his job, but he's always talking about leaving...I've told him more than once...trust me, there are younger people out there that can do your job just as good for 20 grand less than you get paid...if you left here you will take a cut in pay.

Seems like Marrone or his agent overshot his value too.

I have to admit I'm shocked by how this has all gone for Marrone. Looks like he was watching too much ESPN and hearing about how much in demand he would be if he opted out. He's still getting his HC salary from the Bills next yr but that is largely irrelevant. His decision turned out to be one of the most monumental fuckups we've seen in a while. He goes from HC to coaching the OL for an irrelevant team. His road back to being a HC could prove to be a longer one than he ever thought.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit I'm shocked by how this has all gone for Marrone. Looks like he was watching too much ESPN and hearing about how much in demand he would be if he opted out. He's still getting his HC salary from the Bills next yr but that is largely irrelevant. His decision turned out to be one of the most monumental fuckups we've seen in a while. He goes from HC to coaching the OL for an irrelevant team. His road back to being a HC could prove to be a longer one than he ever thought.

A long while...but I have to say...Midnight's fuckup on the hoop rivals it on some level....lol.

Either his agent severely over estimated his market value, or the owners have blackballed him.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long while...but I have to say...Midnight's fuckup on the hoop rivals it on some level....lol.

Either his agent severely over estimated his market value, or the owners have blackballed him.

the whole Marone situation has an odor to it. I believe you're on to something regarding the owners blackballing the guy. When he left the so called experts were saying ' don't think Doug Marone walked away from this without knowing he has a job waiting for him". Man was that ever wrong. I was thinking the Falcons were lying low and letting the Jets get all the attn. about hiring him and the Falcs would quietly slip in a hire him. This whole thing is incredible. Now for Hoop business - WTF happened to Midnite? I've been away for a few days and don't know anything about this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole Marone situation has an odor to it. I believe you're on to something regarding the owners blackballing the guy. When he left the so called experts were saying ' don't think Doug Marone walked away from this without knowing he has a job waiting for him". Man was that ever wrong. I was thinking the Falcons were lying low and letting the Jets get all the attn. about hiring him and the Falcs would quietly slip in a hire him. This whole thing is incredible. Now for Hoop business - WTF happened to Midnite? I've been away for a few days and don't know anything about this.

Marone...was never really in play in ATL.

Midnight...committed DB suicide...if you haven't seen it yet, go check out "Hey How about them Seahawks and read the 1st post...the following 700 or so post are just incredible.