• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Biggest Losers of a (likely) Nixed NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play 10 series, Houston has no shot?

I mean, Cavs won 2016 title, but I would certainly say GS could beat them if they played 10 more times. Maybe even 1 more time (series).

Doesn't matter how many series they might or could have played. In the one they actually did play, the Rockets weren't good enough and that's the only series that matters.

3 chances to win 1 game and failing = not good enough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter how many series they might or could have played. In the one they actually did play, the Rockets weren't good enough and that's the only series that matters.
Yes, because we don't have access to Doc Brown's Delorean it is true Houston cannot beat GS in the series we are discussing. Doubt anyone disagrees....but most are looking at it differently.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because we don't have access to Doc Brown's Delorean it is true Houston cannot beat GS in the series we are discussing. Doubt anyone disagrees....but most are looking at it differently.

I'm not interested in what might have happened if they played in some alternate universe. In this universe, they weren't good enough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not interested in what might have happened if they played in some alternate universe. In this universe, they weren't good enough.
OK, then this isn't the discussion for you.

NE lost to Miami last game of season last year. NE wasn't good enough to beat Miami?

Replay that game with same players next week somehow and you are offered NE with 5-1 odds (or 2-1)? You're $$ is on Miami?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, then this isn't the discussion for you.

NE lost to Miami last game of season last year. NE wasn't good enough to beat Miami?

Replay that game with same players next week somehow and you are offered NE with 5-1 odds (or 2-1)? You're $$ is on Miami?

lol

Not getting into your bullshit arguments.

And trying to use the last game of an NFL regular season to compare to an NBA conference finals is just lame.

I know...how about odds on whether Superman could beat up the Hulk? It would be just about as relevant.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's going on? Is everyone playing nice today?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

And trying to use the last game of an NFL regular season to compare to an NBA conference finals is just lame.

I know...how about odds on whether Superman could beat up the Hulk? It would be just about as relevant.

Okay who wins this match up? Rocky & Bullwinkle vs. Ren & Stimpy?

imagesdsasd.jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

haha...trying to refute your argument requires time travel. I think everyone gets that Houston cannot win that series without time travel. The question is could they if they played AGAIN.

If you say no, then cool.

if this is your stance we definitely need to make some real money bets. If the playoffs are played how about you give me 100-1 odds on every team that lost game 1 in a series for game 2? could even make it all the teams in game 3 who fell behind 2-0 if you prefer. I know, since they have "no chance" to win I should ask for much higher odds, but I'll risk it.

You in?

and FYI, this was not my "bullshit argument". Others mentioned it before I did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha...trying to refute your argument requires time travel. I think everyone gets that Houston cannot win that series without time travel. The question is could they if they played AGAIN.

If you say no, then cool.

if this is your stance we definitely need to make some real money bets. If the playoffs are played how about you give me 100-1 odds on every team that lost game 1 in a series for game 2? could even make it all the teams in game 3 who fell behind 2-0 if you prefer. I know, since they have "no chance" to win I should ask for much higher odds, but I'll risk it.

You in?

and FYI, this was not my "bullshit argument". Others mentioned it before I did.

I guess you don't quite grasp what "Not getting into your bullshit" means.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the pic is in a boxing ring does that mean Rocky and Bullwinkle can have Boris and Natasha in their corner?

I doubt it. Boris & Natasha paid the ref off.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you don't quite grasp what "Not getting into your bullshit" means.
sure I do. In this case for you it means "ya got me dt...I cannot refute what you are saying. Of course if they played again, Houston could win. But I'm sticking to Houston cannot win the actual series without use of time travel"

what do I win?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure I do. In this case for you it means "ya got me dt...I cannot refute what you are saying. Of course if they played again, Houston could win. But I'm sticking to Houston cannot win the actual series without use of time travel"

what do I win?

People love narratives and legacy talk, so they will cling to those tightly. Until Harden wins a title, it will be an absolute truth to many people that he simply cannot win one.

I believe that win-loss outcomes has as much to do with luck as anything else. These guys are the best of the best, and there is really little that separates them. There is a good deal of randomness to it, IMO, and there is a very little chance that the same result would just keep repeating itself, but maybe you and I are the crazy ones here. LOL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea you think a Lebron led Cavs team stood no chance to beat Houston really goes against your main point here....and it's hilarious. Lebron with a far lesser Cavs team gave a better (than Houston) GS team all they could handle in 2014-15.

Yes, the Cavs could have beaten Houston. would they have won? Not so sure.

But you be you. I might just sit back and watch you kick your own ass on this topic.

Did I say that?

No.

In fact I clearly did state the a Cavs win was possible.

But, you called me out for saying that the 65 win Rockets, (who went toe to toe with the Warriors for 7 games) were clearly better than the 50 win Cavs (who got swept by the Warriors).

So keep trying to twist what I said all you want. But it is not in any way extreme to say the ‘18 Rockets were “clearly better” than the ‘18 Cavs.

But do you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Rockets were one of those teams that weren't good enough. Just like the 29 other teams that didn't win.

Doesn't matter how close they got. They weren't good enough. They blew a 3-1 series lead. If they were good enough, they'd have won 1 more game and finished the job.

Warriors were up 2-1 before Iggy got hurt.

you are thinking of OKC in ‘16