• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big Nickle

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the thought of all those smashmouth D players this year has me totally stoked. The big nickle may get even bigger if they bring in Ayers with those three mad hitters in the Safety spot. Yowser!!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, Greg Williams is slowly bringing in the right guys to fit his scheme. Defense started playing well late last season, but hopefully we will see a fast start in 2015. They are young but gaining experience.

Playing the Big Nickel is like having 4 linebackers. Williams likes moving guys around a lot confusing the offense. The offense has no clue when we are blitzing. Barron was used for run support mostly, but he rushes the passer as well and drops back into coverage.

We now have Nick Fairley and Akeem Ayers. Ayers should be an upgrade over Dunbar. Should be fun to watch!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Williams will experiment with the FILTHY FIVE HYBRID Monster D on occasion. Imagine Brockers lined up over the Center!(good luck Center) flanked by Donald and Fairley with Long and Quinn on the ends. Then you might have Barron, Tree, Jenkins, E.J., Johnson, T.J. patroling the secondary. just might confuse the Offensive sometime if they are not use to seeing it. The Rams just might have the personal to pull it off. Would actually give JL55 a breather.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to score points to win. I am still deeply concerned about our offensive line still. I was hoping we could sure it up in free agency so we could draft a safety or wide receiver next month. This may be our Oline: Robinson (LT), Saffold, (LG), Jones (C), Washington (RG) and Reynolds (RT).

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't Big nipples be under the negative thread? :scratch:

man I am confused now!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jim Thomas, Winiewski, Blalock and Barksdale are taking their time in free agency. All is not lost on the free agency front.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to score points to win. I am still deeply concerned about our offensive line still. I was hoping we could sure it up in free agency so we could draft a safety or wide receiver next month. Doesn't look like that's going to happen and we may be sticking with Robinson (LT), Saffold, (LG), Jones (C), Washington (RG) and Reynolds (RT).

Now that I know who this is, TEB, take this to the Negativity thread.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to score points to win. I am still deeply concerned about our offensive line still. I was hoping we could sure it up in free agency so we could draft a safety or wide receiver next month. This may be our Oline: Robinson (LT), Saffold, (LG), Jones (C), Washington (RG) and Reynolds (RT).

The Rams will draft O-Linemen this season. They are fine with receivers and running backs... the tight end situation is good so I believe they will get an O-linemen or two that will be ready to start. On today's offensive lines you need speed as well as size. The best way to get that is with a young line. Get the best offensive linemen you can and let them jell as a unit and look out in a year or two. Another GSOT on the horizon...:thumb: until then enjoy our bone crushing Defense!!!!:thumb:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retro, you need to define what's negative and what is just an opinion. I've seen many posts that are totally negative and go unnoticed. All I was saying is I am concerned about our offensive line starting 5 and was hoping we'd get better, what's negative about that?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% sure that at least one of Wisnewski, Blaylock or Barksdale will sign with the Rams. I am going to say that the guy we sign is Blaylock mostly because I think Seattle will overpay for Wisnewski and Tennessee will overpay for Barksdale.
That said, I think that the Rams will end up with Brandon Scherff at #10 or La'el Collins at #11 or #12 and they will immediately be the starter at RT. I also think you will see Dismukes, Grassu or Finney drafted as a C but I think Barnes will be the starter.
So in the end, when Foles takes his first snaps week 1 this SHOULD be his starting O line:

Robinson (LT), Blaylock (LG), Barnes (C), Saffold (RG), Scherff or Collins (RT)

I would be VERY happy with that result, especially with Reynolds, Jones, a rookie C, Rhaney and Washington on the bench.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEB you are confusing post content with negativity. When you state things like: "It doesn't look like the Rams are going to do anything to change our O-line or "Ouch" we are stuck with x, y, z, that has a negative bent even though it is opinion. You can add facts but how do you know that to be the case when the draft hasn't even taken place yet.

This is the problem. Some folks on here don't realize their posts are negative and they behave just as you did with the "Hey I'm innocent" routine. If you don't know the difference between negative opinions and facts and positive ones, I feel sorry for you. Once again. Any poor opinion or story from another source badmouthing the Rams (any part of the organization) is reserved for the Negativity thread. Or arguments where people are name-calling each other is prohibited. Some of the posts you refer to as negative I may have let slide because of the events that took place as I stated such as Bradford's trade. But sometimes I just don't bother as I have told and individual umpteen times about their post style and they still don't get it. You all decided on these rules. I am only enforcing what you decided.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought I was stating an opinion. I wasn't trying to be negative. When I mentioned it doesn't look like it's going to happen, that was stated knowing that Blaylock, Wis, Barks and a couple of other decent OL, who I think can help us are still unsigned and I can't figure out why we haven't made a move. And when I said OUCH! I meant a couple of those dudes penciled in as starters are injury prone. That's all. Actually, I didn't even know we had this rule in place until I was suspended for a day. LMAO!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie Dokie TEB. Part of understanding what is going on is to make a few errors and to get a message from me. Sooner or later, everyone will be on the same page I suppose. No worries. Onward we go.