• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big 12

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the point of this?

The last team to play Lousiana-Monroe was Ohio.

Ohio beat ULM by 31 on a neutral site.
Oklahoma beat ULM by 35 at home.

Ohio racked up 556 yards.
OU racked up 429 yards.

Now I'll give the OU D credit, because hey did hold ULM to 0 points, and ULM scored 14 (all in the 2nd half) on Ohio, but I just find it interesting.

I don't understand the need to break down beat-downs. It becomes silly.

It really doesn't matter if a team beat someone 35-3 or 42-14 or 65-20.

The stats and game analysis is meaningless in these blowout games.

Wheat was, once again, trying to get to some of us Longhorns. Pretty hard to do when the UT offense set an all-time record in yardage.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not realize conference play started next weekend.

WEST VIRGINIA @ Oklahoma will be a good indicator of where both teams are....

They have so many new names on those squads that it might be impossible to predict their potential.

Texas Fight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know OKST had a fanbase.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year my best friend traveled from far away to come visit for a weekend. We went to the Texas @ Ok State game.

We got there easily 5 hours early; We walked around the campus bars decked out in our Texas threads. I will say this with total honesty: It was the absolute best experience at another team's house I have had in college football.

We had 3 different fans come up and buy us drinks. Multiple fans talked about how they respected our team. Our tickets ended up being in the middle of Ok State fans, and even they were great. There was minor good natured trash talking, but that was it. Even after the controversial game winning td, nobody came at us with it. We got "great game" and "please beat OU for us."

Btw - lotta good looking girls around that campus too. Not quite Austin talent, but surprisingly nice.

I'm sure OU fans don't get that same treatment, which I liken to aggies and Texas. The true RIVAL outta these 4 teams is Texas v OU, which is a heated yet respected rival. Big brother v little brother on both sides likely has similar heat, but much less respect.

Texas Fight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year my best friend traveled from far away to come visit for a weekend. We went to the Texas @ Ok State game.

We got there easily 5 hours early; We walked around the campus bars decked out in our Texas threads. I will say this with total honesty: It was the absolute best experience at another team's house I have had in college football.

We had 3 different fans come up and buy us drinks. Multiple fans talked about how they respected our team. Our tickets ended up being in the middle of Ok State fans, and even they were great. There was minor good natured trash talking, but that was it. Even after the controversial game winning td, nobody came at us with it. We got "great game" and "please beat OU for us."

Btw - lotta good looking girls around that campus too. Not quite Austin talent, but surprisingly nice.

I'm sure OU fans don't get that same treatment, which I liken to aggies and Texas. The true RIVAL outta these 4 teams is Texas v OU, which is a heated yet respected rival. Big brother v little brother on both sides likely has similar heat, but much less respect.

Good stuff.

I respect OU. Hate them with a passion.
I laugh at aggy. They're a joke.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seems to be a lot of chest thumping from certain UT posters and I figured I'd just put it into perspective. To set a record against a team like that is next to meaningless. I've seen no chest thumping on any OU fans part, certainly not on this thread.

hornstampede is just trying to deflect from the point and failed miserably........couldn't even be original, LOL!~

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The last team to play Lousiana-Monroe was Ohio.

Ohio beat ULM by 31 on a neutral site.
Oklahoma beat ULM by 35 at home.

Ohio racked up 556 yards.
OU racked up 429 yards.

Now I'll give the OU D credit, because hey did hold ULM to 0 points, and ULM scored 14 (all in the 2nd half) on Ohio, but I just find it interesting.

I don't understand the need to break down beat-downs. It becomes silly.

It really doesn't matter if a team beat someone 35-3 or 42-14 or 65-20.

The stats and game analysis is meaningless in these blowout games.

at least somebody realizes ulm isn't a quality win...who cares if it was a shutout...this isn't houston or fresno state we're talking about

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet you crow about MSU, one of the SEC bottom perennial bottom feeders.

Go figure...

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a conference, no doubt, but no mater how much lipstick you put on a pig, it is atiil a pig....MSU=a pig....

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU held their own vs LSU.

They are going to be a force in conference this yr.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU held their own vs LSU.

They are going to be a force in conference this yr.

If Patterson hadnt been a dumbass and punted with 5 minutes left and down by ten they might have knocked LSU off.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seems to be a lot of chest thumping from certain UT posters and I figured I'd just put it into perspective. To set a record against a team like that is next to meaningless. I've seen no chest thumping on any OU fans part, certainly not on this thread.

hornstampede is just trying to deflect from the point and failed miserably........couldn't even be original, LOL!~

I don't think any Texas fan is really trying to chest pump a win over NM State. What we are doing, however, is taking up for our team when posters come at us with the "well you weren't up after 1st quarter" bs. There is a difference between pumping your chests and defending a win. We won by 50 pts, covered the spread, played no starters in the 4th quarter - and we are being criticized about it??????

Last night Florida State was down 7-0 in the 1st. Are you going to downplay their win too?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night Florida State was down 7-0 in the 1st. Are you going to downplay their win too?

I didn't know we were talking about FSU, now where we?:noidea:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were supposed to be king shit last year...

Well, they did lose their starting QB after 1 game in conference. Kinda threw a wrench in their plans.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wheat, name the UT chest thumpers, because I haven't read any posts like that. While I'm satisfied with the win, I would have liked a shutout.
It will probably be weeks before we know what this Texas team will be like this year.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC>Sun Belt

Still pretty early for me to hype of the Big 12 this year. They took a lot of hits last year. It's only been one week of football. Those that follow OU football know that even though it was Lou-Monroe, OU defense was terrible last year, and we weren't expecting much from an experienced Lou-Monroe team. So the shut out was nice, last year OU barely won against Texas-El Paso in the opening.

Also, unlike the cowpokes who are bragging about beating a bottom feeding SEC team like Miss State. (Would be like "x" team bragging about beating Kansas or Iowa State) OU scheduled a little bit tougher non-conference games, as they always do. There is a big difference between playing Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ol'Miss, Georgia or South Carolina...than hyping up a Miss State. If I recall, if Mike Gundy had his way he would play a Savannah State type team every weekend. You notice, the big dogs, no matter what conference they are in. Don't bitch about who they play or where, it usually the opposite. Good teams get excited about the rise in competition.

OU head's to South Bend the last weekend of Sept. Usually they schedule one challenging, one decent and one cupcake team.

Again, you're not going to see a lot of trash talking from this Sooner until I see some more football, the Big 12 does need to back up their conference with big wins.