• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Best & The Worst

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Montreal: No passion, constantly out-hustled and lost puck battles all over the ice with only one very lucky goal offensively. The end result was a 1-4 loss that should've been more like 0-8. Our boys basically never left NJ after that crushing loss. We weren't even ready to play a game that night. The score did not indicate this, but it was one of the worst showings by our team that I remember seeing quite possibly since I started watching hockey around 18 years ago.

@ NYI: Passion, effort and then some, out-worked the opponent all over the ice, constant pressure everywhere. G and Briere finally get it going offensively and everyone else follows suit. Bryz remains strong, but was heavily supported. The end result was a 7-0 victory that could've been 10-0. It was the most complete 60 minute game that we've played for as long as I can remember. Again, the score doesn't quite show it, but it was even a far better performance than the 7-1 win over Florida.

We've literally seen The Best and The Worst of our team in just the last two games. I don't think it has a lot to do with the opponents. The Islanders were coming off two huge wins over NJ and NYR, plus Nabokov generally plays well against us and Tavares was scorching hot. Yes, Montreal may be a better team than the NYI, but if we had played the way we did monday afternoon, we would've beaten even the Habs soundly.

If we see more of The Best, this is still a team that can compete for the division title and make a deep playoff run.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the message was clear and everyone is on the same page now. Just because of the hatred we all know that our boys will be ready for tonights game. What I'm looking to see is how they react going forward. After tonight, the schedule is prime for them to pick up 8-10 points over the next 5 game home stand. (Florida, Winnipeg, Toronto, Washington & Ottawa)

We shall see...

Let's Go Flyer's!!! :yahoo:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our offense continues to go North and south we beat Pitt going away. Also we will need a good game from Bryz.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i honestly think that when this team is firing on all cylinders, is healthy and playing to their potential, they are more than capable of making a deep run. bryz has been awesome and good goaltending plus a clicking offense is all it will take in my honest opinion. call me crazy, but if the stars fall out of playoff contention , i really do wonder if homer decides to call up dallas and ask about jagr's availability? yes his legs won't be the freshest down the stretch but there was something about his presence that helped all the kids elevate their games.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly think that when this team is firing on all cylinders, is healthy and playing to their potential, they are more than capable of making a deep run. bryz has been awesome and good goaltending plus a clicking offense is all it will take in my honest opinion. call me crazy, but if the stars fall out of playoff contention , i really do wonder if homer decides to call up dallas and ask about jagr's availability? yes his legs won't be the freshest down the stretch but there was something about his presence that helped all the kids elevate their games.

I think it was in the time period between the CBA coming into place, and the first game actually played, when Randy J. Miller tweeted that a Czech newspaper said something along the lines of the Flyers having shown interest in Jagr if the Stars drop off. I posted the tweet in a thread, but God know's where that is now.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess some teams are in rougher places than we are. Sabres just fired Ruff after 15-16 seasons. I knew his time was numbered.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it was in the time period between the CBA coming into place, and the first game actually played, when Randy J. Miller tweeted that a Czech newspaper said something along the lines of the Flyers having shown interest in Jagr if the Stars drop off. I posted the tweet in a thread, but God know's where that is now.

i remember reading the same tweet. i would definitely be willing to move a pick to rent jags for the stretch run

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember reading the same tweet. i would definitely be willing to move a pick to rent jags for the stretch run

Maybe with the shortened season Jags would have something left but if not I'd pass. You need gas in the tank to win a cup....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on Jagr. He's proven to be a liability defensively in the playoffs at his age. While it may not be as bad after a shortened season, I'd much rather have Read, Voracek or Simmonds flanking Giroux on the top line in the postseason. They all have the speed and stamina to cover both ends of the ice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on Jagr. He's proven to be a liability defensively in the playoffs at his age. While it may not be as bad after a shortened season, I'd much rather have Read, Voracek or Simmonds flanking Giroux on the top line in the postseason. They all have the speed and stamina to cover both ends of the ice.

I totally agree with two way hockey before a player like Jagr but i have to say until recently Gee looked lost without him