• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The beers I had in Germany

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fucking classiness of getting a glass to match the beer is some true pimp shit. Well played Germany.

I got some pictures of some castles and shit too I guess, but that isn't important:

HemzmC0.jpg

0m7vVWD.jpg

QDSdGTn.jpg

KY5n2hc.jpg

VpqwRsw.jpg

oFoT3P4.jpg

dA36zuS.jpg

WcQrCjK.jpg

MjzjMZJ.jpg

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where all did you go?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speyer for a couple of days since my uncle and a couple of cousins live there.. and then Nurnburg and Munich for like 2-3 days each.
The chick I've been seeing lately has family that still lives there. I believe in or around Hanau. Some of her family helped rebuild the castle in the town, and their names are on plaques in it.

She was supposed to go over there in May with her dad, but ended up bailing on it.

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chick I've been seeing lately has family that still lives there. I believe in or around Hanau. Some of her family helped rebuild the castle in the town, and their names are on plaques in it.

She was supposed to go over there in May with her dad, but ended up bailing on it.

I had a blast. Obviously the perfect place for beer lovers...

Not great for sipping on whiskey though obviously :dhd:

But I managed to snag a couple of makers in.

Saw the Nurnburg castle and court room 600 where the WW2 trials were held, that was a cool place to see.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a blast. Obviously the perfect place for beer lovers...

Not great for sipping on whiskey though obviously :dhd:

But I managed to snag a couple of makers in.

Saw the Nurnburg castle and court room 600 where the WW2 trials were held, that was a cool place to see.
There is (or was?) a European version Blantons (I think...was a Buffalo Trace brand)

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guten tag

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since it was sushi joint I let it slide, I don't think I had ever had it before.

I hear ya...how was that German sushi?

I can get a couple of other brands in NY but Asahi is like the Japanese Budweiser, it's pretty well distributed all over the globe.

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...how was that German sushi?

I can get a couple of other brands in NY but Asahi is like the Japanese Budweiser, it's pretty well distributed all over the globe.

Sushi was actually pretty good... I'm not a huge sushi snob or anything though, it was just close to our Hotel and had great reviews.

My go to Asian beer is usually Kirin.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sushi was actually pretty good... I'm not a huge sushi snob or anything though, it was just close to our Hotel and had great reviews.

My go to Asian beer is usually Kirin.

Did those German brews taste way different over there than what we can get Stateside? I've had just about all of them at one point or another, but usually in a bottle. There was a Biergarten in Manhattan that I used to frequent, they would have Fransiskaner, Hofbrau, Bitburger, and a few others on draft

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did two tours in Germany can't count the different beers I has. Never got a taste for the Weizen Beers though

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did those German brews taste way different over there than what we can get Stateside? I've had just about all of them at one point or another, but usually in a bottle. There was a Biergarten in Manhattan that I used to frequent, they would have Fransiskaner, Hofbrau, Bitburger, and a few others on draft
I didn't really think so....it's not like it's an IPA where you "need" to be as fresh as possible. It should be about 6 weeks from production to shelves (with proper distribution), and most of that time beer is in an enclosed space at a constant temperature no higher than 70 degrees.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really think so....it's not like it's an IPA where you "need" to be as fresh as possible. It should be about 6 weeks from production to shelves (with proper distribution), and most of that time beer is in an enclosed space at a constant temperature no higher than 70 degrees.

Okie Dokie

I hear stories about the alcohol content and taxes on imported brews, which leads to two different products being manufactured. One product stays in-country, the other one becomes the "export" version. Guinness is probably the best example

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie Dokie

I hear stories about the alcohol content and taxes on imported brews, which leads to two different products being manufactured. One product stays in-country, the other one becomes the "export" version. Guinness is probably the best example
I know the UK has different tax levels based on alcohol percentages, but I didn't think Germany did.

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely think their pilsners were a step above our basic stuff but nothing to go crazy about. But I think the couple of actual traditional Bavarian breweries that do send beer over here send the real deal.

There are plenty of non traditional brewers from Germany that brew the same as we do now I believe.

The Paulaner we get here is different though.

We have more variety here I would say. as far as style, IPA, Ambers, Blondes, Porters and what not.