• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears are a Dumpster Fire

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we actually score 24 points on the road?

You, me, and 8 girls from a J.V. softball game could score 24 points on the Bears defense.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For X-mas this year I am thankful to the Bears front office for the Cutler contract, where you guaranteed him $38m upon signing. You've amortized $18.5m of that. His 2015 salary of $15.5m is fully guaranteed, and since your front office used the tactic our Lions have for years of converting part of his salary this year to a signing bonus that tags $4m more to that so he will only cost you $19.5m to get rid of.

Hoping for a trade partner? Sure, teams will be lining up to take on a contract paying a guy who just got benched in favor of Jimmy Clausen $15.5m next year and $16m in 2016. :clap:

Oh, you better hurry up and cut him because you only have until the second week of March 2015 to do that, otherwise add $10m more in guaranteed money to the $19.5m you still owe him. But there is a silver lining, you could go ahead and not cut him which would then allow you to designate him as a June 1 cut and spread the cap hit out over two years.

Which one would you guys prefer, $19.5m in 2015 or $14.75m in 2015 and 2016? :noidea:

Merry X-mas Bears fans, your front office has given you the greatest present of all, the very real possibility that Jay Cutler is your QB again next year.

Ok, I don't want to leave it like that, you deserve some holiday cheer. Your team has plenty of cap space to absorb that hit next year so you can get rid of him. Unfortunately you aren't quite bad enough to get one of the top QB's in the draft. Sorry about that, but hey, Michael Vick, Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, and Tim Tebow are all out there waiting for your call. Or you could roll with Clausen. :laugh3:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly give a fuck.

And your team blows big time, while the Lions are doing pretty fucking well. And that must must be killing you inside.

#BearsDown

I still am of the opinion that Peter doesn't give a fuck about anything. I never take him seriously. He is a faggot, though. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For X-mas this year I am thankful to the Bears front office for the Cutler contract, where you guaranteed him $38m upon signing. You've amortized $18.5m of that. His 2015 salary of $15.5m is fully guaranteed, and since your front office used the tactic our Lions have for years of converting part of his salary this year to a signing bonus that tags $4m more to that so he will only cost you $19.5m to get rid of.

Hoping for a trade partner? Sure, teams will be lining up to take on a contract paying a guy who just got benched in favor of Jimmy Clausen $15.5m next year and $16m in 2016. :clap:

Oh, you better hurry up and cut him because you only have until the second week of March 2015 to do that, otherwise add $10m more in guaranteed money to the $19.5m you still owe him. But there is a silver lining, you could go ahead and not cut him which would then allow you to designate him as a June 1 cut and spread the cap hit out over two years.

Which one would you guys prefer, $19.5m in 2015 or $14.75m in 2015 and 2016? :noidea:

Merry X-mas Bears fans, your front office has given you the greatest present of all, the very real possibility that Jay Cutler is your QB again next year.

Ok, I don't want to leave it like that, you deserve some holiday cheer. Your team has plenty of cap space to absorb that hit next year so you can get rid of him. Unfortunately you aren't quite bad enough to get one of the top QB's in the draft. Sorry about that, but hey, Michael Vick, Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, and Tim Tebow are all out there waiting for your call. Or you could roll with Clausen. :laugh3:

Roll, with Claussen?!?!? Pass. There hasn't been a decent ND QB in the pros since Montana.... :pound:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one 10-win season every generation or so counts for something. Now all you need to do is string together a few playoff appearances this century and do something Super Bowl-related that doesn’t just involve hosting the game.

Riiiight because the bears are ALWAYS playoff contenders or superbowl contenders. They have ONE superbowl. How many yrs has it been since the bears made the playoffs now? Like they say here on the chicago sports shows today. Bears fans seem to think this franchise is waaay better than what they really have been. Easy to bring up detroit to smokescreen how bad chicago has really been the last 50 yrs

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riiiight because the bears are ALWAYS playoff contenders or superbowl contenders. They have ONE superbowl. How many yrs has it been since the bears made the playoffs now? Like they say here on the chicago sports shows today. Bears fans seem to think this franchise is waaay better than what they really have been. Easy to bring up detroit to smokescreen how bad chicago has really been the last 50 yrs

Okay, first let me say that though I live in Illinois I am NOT a Bears fan, but your argument is silly.

The Bears are 1-1 in Super Bowls, the Lions NEVER made it even to the NFC Championship

When was the Lions last playoff victory?

The Bears never had an 0-16 season.

True both teams golden age was pre-Super Bowl when there were far less teams, but this argument seems to be like vying to be the tallest midget.

Both teams can take solace that the two best RBs EVER played for their teams. :suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete, were cool 4 life, bro. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly give a fuck.

And your team blows big time, while the Lions are doing pretty fucking well. And that must must be killing you inside.

#BearsDown

I am dying inside, it consumes me. Its all i think about night and day. I beat the wife and kick the dog every sunday, well you wife and dog.