• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears are a Dumpster Fire

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtic Pride is a classic GCSU. Good one. Way to take one for the team. I'm going to disagree with you and say....after 20+ years...I'd say we're due.

We very well might be due but that doesnt magically give us the victory. The best team the lions beat on the road this year was the vikings. They arent going to go into GB and win a game for all of the marbles. They are getting better but they are not elite yet. The patriots are far superior to the lions and they couldnt do it. How quickly you guys forget the awful performances on the road against zona and new england. We can all dream, and I give you credit for that. But at this point winning a road game against GB is out of the question. They had a hard enough time beating chicago last week. Lions have made some good strides this season and if they focus on bolstering their lines this offseason could make even more. Its been an awesome ride. If this game was home I would give the lions a 50 percent shot. Regardless, its good to see them back in the playoffs and am looking forward to their matchup at dallas.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can all dream, and I give you credit for that. But at this point winning a road game against GB is out of the question.
Winning a game is out of the question? That's fucking stupid. Thats a losers mentality. Any given Sunday in the NFL anything can happen. The 9-7 Giants beating the 16-0 Patriots was out of the question. We lost 2 road games 2 months ago so we can't win now. Take that fucking Speilman pic down you dont deserve it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say "everyone here" you mean the voices in your head right?

Speaking for myself, Pete was already one of my favorite people here, long before this thread existed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but we can do some shots at the NFL draft in April w Gandy. :suds:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning a game is out of the question? That's fucking stupid. Thats a losers mentality. Any given Sunday in the NFL anything can happen. The 9-7 Giants beating the 16-0 Patriots was out of the question. We lost 2 road games 2 months ago so we can't win now. Take that fucking Speilman pic down you dont deserve it.

Imo, some fans are just too scared to get their hopes up and actually believe in their team; they find it easier to convince themselves well in advance that we'll lose, so that way they're not disappointed.

You're completely right, though, in that it's completely a loser's mentality.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, some fans are just too scared to get their hopes up and actually believe in their team; they find it easier to convince themselves well in advance that we'll lose, so that way they're not disappointed.

You're completely right, though, in that it's completely a loser's mentality.

:10::agree:

Even Sylvester Stallone figured that much out. I think all the self appointed realists and some others on this board need to watch the video below and think real hard about what he says. Also, the irony of the "sunshine and rainbows" phrase which they throw around so much. This is the short version of the soliloquy from Rocky Balboa.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10::agree:

Even Sylvester Stallone figured that much out. I think all the self appointed realists and some others on this board need to watch the video below and think real hard about what he says. Also, the irony of the "sunshine and rainbows" phrase which they throw around so much. This is the short version of the soliloquy from Rocky Balboa.

True story: I use that speech to sell mortgages. Copied it and pasted it to my canned responses back in 07 and still use it for chat banking. It's a great closer and I've never had anyone notice it's from Rocky.

Started out as a joke but it worked, became a staple in our company wide canned chat replies lol

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but we can do some shots at the NFL draft in April w Gandy. :suds:

Can you do virgin shots?

In regards to being in Petey's town every year... I think it should rotate, for easier access to all fans. I would imagine how this draft turns out will help or hurt future drafts.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for the NFC North Title today!

The best part is that win, lose, or draw, the Bears are still horrible!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, though, for as much as I'm having fun shitting on the Bears, they're close to being a legit contender. Just get them a QB, an O-line, a new RB, a kicker, and an entire defense and they're right in the thick of the playoff race again...

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to offer my services to mediate and/or be the arbitrator for the Lions board. I think i could objectively review disputes and be the non-biased party needed to resolve the petty arguments that continue to plague, an otherwise reasonable and, well mannered board.
I will await complaints here, and will do almost something to help, i promise.

Jake

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to offer my services to mediate and/or be the arbitrator for the Lions board. I think i could objectively review disputes and be the non-biased party needed to resolve the petty arguments that continue to plague, an otherwise reasonable and, well mannered board.
I will await complaints here, and will do almost something to help, i promise.

Jake
Fine by me, but boy do you have a lot of reading to do.:pound:

Get down to the bottom line.......IRS this board, Somebody needs to be impeached!!!!!! LOL have fun with your inquiry and let us know what you find.:yahoo:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine by me, but boy do you have a lot of reading to do.:pound:

Get down to the bottom line.......IRS this board, Somebody needs to be impeached!!!!!! LOL have fun with your inquiry and let us know what you find.:yahoo:

I will be requesting that complainants provide links to support their issue. This will be handled like any major corporate HR department. All complaints will be held in confidence and no personal information will be released, other than first names, complaints, and anything said here or in PMs to me directly.

Jake