• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy about my draft. Drafting from the 10 spot there were times when the wait for the next pick just killed my queue and my strategy. I intended to get a better QB but I killed the IDP part though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy about my draft. Drafting from the 10 spot there were times when the wait for the next pick just killed my queue and my strategy. I intended to get a better QB but I killed the IDP part though.

Got no idea how I did with IDP. Just hoping it was OK.:hope:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disappointed with my team, but far from content. Many parts i liked, many parts i was ready to reach through PC and choke Bandit's brother

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That draft went absolutely nothing like I thought it would. I have so many guys on my team that I don't usually own. I honestly thought that the half point ppr would make a difference in the running back craziness, but it just didn't. I started out with the 3 pick and was really torn between Leveon Bell and Odell Beckham. Glad I went with Bell because by the time it wrapped back around to me there wasn't one running back left that I had within 10 spots of the wide receivers so I went with Dez at pick 22 and then at pick 27 the guy that I had ranked right underneath him was still there in Allen Robinson. The next two picks I made only because the guys were there and it shocked the hell out of me with Jarvis Landry at 46 and Andrew Luck at 51. And even though Paul Perkins was farther down my list than the 6th round, I didn't have a choice, I had to get a 2nd running back at pick 70. My next pick was actually the biggest shocker of my whole draft and it's because I've always said that he is somebody that I would never own because I wasn't willing to pay the high round price to get him, but at pick 75 in the 7th round, I had to take Jordan Reed. At that point I knew I was going to be very weak at running back so I stockpiled three more in Gillislee at pick 94, Bilal Powell at pick 99, and Kenneth Dixon at pick 118 (I knew if I let him go another round Dad was going to take him). I was happy to get Eric Decker at pick 123 and really happy to get Evan Engram at pick 142 (especially since I drafted Jordan Reed). The rest of my running backs were Jalen Richard at pick 171 (really happy to get him especially with PPR), Aaron Jones at pick 219 (I realized I hadn't draft one rookie running back yet), and Alfred Morris at pick 267 (just taking a flyer that he starts the year as the backup and then Mcfadden gets hurt.) I filled out the wide receivers with John Brown at pick 147, Robert Woods at pick 195, Carlos Henderson at pick 214, and my one homer pick, Phillip Dorsett at pick 238. I took Andy Dalton at pick 166 because he was the backup quarterback that I targeted. I would have loved to have Deshaun Watson, but I couldn't afford to risk taking him since neither he or Luck might be starting week 1.

I know that some of you saw my question about the kickers vs. IDP's, and I'm sure it should have come as no shock to anybody that I took Justin Tucker as the first kicker after posing that question. In redraft leagues they always tell you that the difference between the 1st kicker and the 13th kicker is about 2 points a week which just isn't enough of a statistical difference to take one early. Last year in my league it was 39 points for the season (179 for Matt Bryant, 140 for Sebastian Janikowski), so right at 3 points a week. The difference between the 1st ranked IDP and the 13th was 27 points for the season and the difference between the 1st ranked IDP and the 25th ranked IDP was 42 points for the season. (1st Bobby Wagner 165 points, 13th Paul Puzluzny 138 points, 25th Khalil Mack 123 points). Just FYI. So technically the difference between the 1st ranked IDP and the 25th was 4 points more for the season (or about .25 points per week) than the 1st kicker to the 13th kicker as the answer to my question. Are IDP's more likely to get drafted at the top and finish there? Well, anybody that owned Luke Kuechly and J.J. Watt last year would argue that with you. I just think there is a general stigma to taking a kicker before the last rounds makes you a "kicker picker" and you might get made fun of. Well, call me Captain Kicker Picker. Wait don't do that. LOL. With that being said though, believe me when I say that I don't necessarily think that I'm right and everybody else is wrong, I just think the actual numbers say that it could go either way.

Overall honestly I hate my team. But that's mainly because I waited on running backs and I always hate the looks of my teams when I do that. I really wanted to take Joe Mixon in the third round at pick 27, but he got taken at pick 25, so that really threw me off and I probably should have either taken Crowell or Dalvin Cook, but I stuck to my rankings with taking Allen Robinson. I do think I got great value in places, but even though I think Jordan Reed is a steal in the 7th round, it still makes me want to throw up that I own him. LOL.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at my team, I'm not dis-satisfied, but it could have been sooo much better if my plan had come together like in my head. Missed T. Coleman by a rd and Joe Williams by the same. I'd have felt much better with those two on my roster for insurance. As Bandit said, missed on Dixon by a few picks, but I can live with it. He also, swiped my damn kicker a few pick in front. Also missed Crowell by a few picks, but that's the way it goes. . .... Screwed the pooch on my second QB (Bortles) with guys I had higher - but for some reason the ranking page was mid-level at the time rather than at the top :noidea:.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at my team, I'm not dis-satisfied, but it could have been sooo much better if my plan had come together like in my head. Missed T. Coleman by a rd and Joe Williams by the same. I'd have felt much better with those two on my roster for insurance. As Bandit said, missed on Dixon by a few picks, but I can live with it. He also, swiped my damn kicker a few pick in front. Also missed Crowell by a few picks, but that's the way it goes. . .... Screwed the pooch on my second QB (Bortles) with guys I had higher - but for some reason the ranking page was mid-level at the time rather than at the top :noidea:.
I will gladly trade BOTH of them to you for a shiny nickle, or two. ...or three

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 spot, my picks/thoughts - primary objective was to go young. Try to target guys that have had some NFL experience/part of their team's plans (at least imo), and I think I accomplished my goal. I know, what a crazy goal to have going into a dynasty start up draft.

Players 27 years old or older: Jamie Collins (27), Ingram (27), Graham (30), Matt Stafford (30), Marshall (33), Gore (34) - only have Gore/Marshall as potential retirement losses in the immediate future, and both of those guys were drafted late to win now. Pretty damn young squad when Ingram/Collins are some of the grey beards.

QB - Mariota (rd7 pk76) / Stafford (rd12 pk141)

Got a super young QB that looks the 'Franchise QB' part early in his career paired with a veteran QB that finds himself in the top 10 in passing attempts more often than not. Actually had Carr tabbed in round 6, missed by a few picks, but like my situation here as long as Staff stays in detroit. Both teams' front offices seem to understand that importance of giving your QB good receiving options.

WR - Beckham (rd1 pk4) / Hopkins (rd2 pk21) / Watkins (rd4 pk 45) / Robby Anderson (rd11 pk124) / Marshall (rd13 pk148) / Malcolm Mitchell (rd18 pk213) / Enunwa (rd20 pk237)

same as Bandit, after DJ/Zeke went, knew I was going Bell or Odell in rd 1, then was equally unimpressed with what came back at RB and took Hopkins. Sammy the Rammy - some saw a downgrade in the trade to the Rams, but I actually see an upgrade in offensive philosophy. Regardless, Odell and Watkins are 24, Hopkins is 25 - well above avg dynasty WR group, imo, with a few young lotto tickets on the bench in Mitchell, Enunwa, Anderson. Just waiting to put Enunwa on IR, whenever NYJ make that designation.

RB - Henry (rd3 pk28) / Ingram (rd5 pk52) / Riddick (rd6 pk69) / Jamaal Williams (rd9 pk100) / Gore (rd10 pk117) / James Conner (rd15 pk172) / Dion Lewis (rd19 pk220) / Orleans Darkwa (rd24 pk285)

Went WR strong the start, Henry was the last RB on my list. Felt like going Crowell or DMurray was too shortsighted with a potential thumper like Henry in a run-oriented attack still available. Crow isn't old, but I have a feeling he's a better redraft RB than dynasty, nothing to back it up though. Ending up with Ingram on a lot of my teams so far this year, I think the saints use him up as much as they can this year before saying good bye. Not sure what the future holds, but I like his value as the 22nd RB off the board. Half point PPR league, Lions missing a lot of slot/RZ targets with departure of Boldin, Riddick should be a good filler/flex for a couple seasons. Got my rookie fix (Conner and GB JWill) without needing anything from them (fingers crossed) in year 1 - - those are my kind of rookies. And who knows what Bell's contract situation will unfold. Gore is a win-now RB2/3 type, Dion and Darkwa are total dart throws.

TE - Graham (rd8 pk93) / Jesse James (rd16 pk189) / Tyler Higbee (rd23 pk268)

Took a perennial league leader at his position in Graham and followed up with 2 unproven young guys that might breakout or just end up back on waivers if they don't. Nothing flashy here, but I could see Jesse James' long term value increase with the inevitable retirement of BigBen --- a young, inexperienced signal caller should love the 6'7" James. Literally only took Higbee cause of McVay. Let's see what that coach can do after orchestrating the Reed/Vernon Davis aerial assault.

K - Dustin Hopkins (rd21 pk244)

Funny that someone mentioned something about all the kickers being old balls during our draft. Pretty damn true when you start looking at their ages! Wanted Dan Bailey after Tucker went, but couldn't pull the trigger and he got scooped up in the 18th round. Skins red zone woes continue with Pryor in the house? not sure, but he's young with a big/accurate enough leg for my fantasy team, and his team scores lots of points.

IDP - Ogletree (rd14 pk165) / Jamie Collins (rd17 pk196) / Myles Garrett (rd22 pk261)

Full disclosure, had no clue what I was doing here, outside of wanting to get LBs on teams that play a lot of defense for my 2 IDP starters. Also, I wanted fast guys. Not sure if it is my inner Al Davis or just channeling my college days of playing Madden franchise mode, but I like fast guys on defense. Ogletree fits both, and the rams are always playing defense. Same with Collins/Browns - he was a stud after the Patriots traded him last year.
Took a late round gamble that this year's #1 draft pick for my reserve. Bandit was sure to let everyone know that he was the last person to take their 1st IDP, and he fucking sniped me with Deion Jones in round 21 (which is why I panicked and took my kicker!). I think we might need to get some early trade talks going, love that kid, think he's gonna be a star for ATL.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a couple others have done it, guess i might as well too.

Couple of thoughts going in. This sort of felt a little like the first MBBRL draft. You knew the other eleven guys were most likely good, but no idea their tendancies, or anything about who they liked/disliked. Bandit, as the only member to have experience against everyone has an ever so slight edge coming into this thing, at least he has an idea of who most of us are high or low on. But, as he said, it didn't go the way he thought it would so apparently that didn't give him an edge.
Secondly, with the zeke suspension news hitting just days before the draft, i really thought he'd be slipping, maybe even to me at 6, and i honestly had no idea if Id even take him there. But, gone at #2, No need to wring my hands any longer.

So here we go
QB- Big Ben, Rivers, Mahomes. My plan was to get one of the younger guys, an RW, Cam, Dak, Mariotta, Winston.. that was shot to shit pretty early. Nearly scored Brees late with a backup plan of reaching for Watson.. also foiled. So i panicked, grabbed Big Ben and Rivers, not noticing the same bye week. That'll have to change somehow. But, did score my QB for the long term in Mahomes (I hope).

RB's - Crowell, McAffrey, Tev. Coleman, Doug Martin, L. Blount, Duke Johnson, Joe Williams, Rex Burkhead, M. Brieda (who got instantly dripped for Hightower). Going in i wanted to make damn sure i had plenty of RB's, and not just scrubs to fill a roster, but a stable that on any given week, i could plug the last guy in and get something respectable. No way am i going to be struggling to fill out an active lineup at the RB position. Given the ppr aspect, I Think i accomplished this for the most part, Burkhead and the SF handcuffs being my only ?'s. And you all know i don't consider Burkhead much of a ?.

WR's- Mike Evans, TyReek Hill, Cooper Kupp, Breshard Perriman, Laquon Tredwell, Noah Brown. Definitely very top heavy, and paper thin, but that's what you get when you go RB heavy. Hopefully Tyreek takes the next step and can handle being the #1. At minimum i hope he maintains his confidence until Mahomes takes over and they can start really pressing the issue. Kupp I'm almost certain gives me a stong flex play, especially now that defenses have a true guy to key on in Watkins, leaving the short middle open for him. Treadwell and Perriman are my wild cards, if they can find that 3rd year wr magic, I'm golden. Noah Brown is my project, but, after watching him in preseason week one, he has the look of a very good WR, especially opposite Dez if he can get tho where he's ahead of TWill. but has hurdles to clear.
TE- Kyle Rudoph, Rico Gathers. As I've said numerous times here, the TE position is so deep, there's no point in spending much draft capital in one. Grabbed Rudy in the mid rounds, after older guys like Olsen and Graham, and perennially injured guys like Eifert and Reed were gone. Gathers is a definite project, but Witten is nearing the end, and he's already running with the ones in 2 tight sets and redzone. So far so good.
IDP's Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Keanu Neal. So the two sources i like to use for IDP info, both rank both these guys top 5 overall IDP's. Works for me, and they should be around and effective for a decade. Neal can fill in with solid tackle numbers during byes or whatever
K Brandon McManus. Yippy

I'm sure I'll have to swing a deal for an upgrade at WR3/4 at some point, and i have a QB problem to deal with before week 9, but I'm overall pretty happy, got most of the guys i really wanted, got suitable alternatives for the few that i missed out on.

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my thoughts going into this draft were pretty simple. Pre-rank players based upon sources out there with the Lefty mysterious fudge factor added in, then take youth over age when the ranking were within three. For the most part it worked just fine but some guys I kind of liked went way earlier than expected. BTW - the average age of this team as it it now is 25yrs. Joe Flacco is the oldest at 32 and Jonnu Smith the youngest at 21. This team is growing on me - I like it a lot better now than during the draft. With that said the results were:
QBs: R. Wilson (5.8), B. Bortles (13.8), J. Garropolo- since replaced by J. Flacco (24.5). Wanted youth here and got it. May have pulled the trigger a bit early on Wilson but the way the draft was going I knew he'd be gone if I waited. Bortles, well, really hadn't intended to take him but as a potential backup, but he's young and will do. Garropolo was a flyer for the future (whenever that comes around) but ended up dropping him for Flacco after learning he is not in danger of missing regular season games. BAL passed a lot last yr and have the projected 6th easiest schedule against the pass. May be a nice pairing with his new top guy, Maclin.
RBs: D. Freeman (1.8), C. Hyde (4.5), S. Perine (8.5), Jon Williams-BUF (12.5), E. McGuire-replaced by J. Mckinnon via WW (15.8), C. Thompson (18.5), Dw. Washington (20.5).
All in all feeling much better about this group than in the draft. Have several start-worthy guys on day one and a few that could be steals depending on how things shake out. BTW - almost hated getting Williams since it seems to be betting against FuzzyPower in D1. But provided he 'just' serves in the backup role, there is more than enough value to warrant a 12th rd pick. Perine may or may not start given the coaching staff's praise of Kelley's work habits and dedication - but somewhere along the line, hopefully pure talent will eventually win. McKinnon, Thompson and Washington are all in the IF opportunity presents itself category (or maybe as trade bait for handcuffs).
WRs: TY Hilton (2.5), K. Allen (3.8), G. Tate (7.8), Jo. Matthews (10.5), J. Maclin (11.8), R. Matthews (16.5), C. Williams (22.5). Much higher on this group than many 'experts' especially with the half-ppr aspect. Expect top 6 to produce well on their own merit while Williams is in the future. Hopefully Luck is firing on all cylinders by season start.
TEs: H. Henry (6.5), E. Ebron (9.8), J. Smith (23.8). Yes, they're TEs but I'm pretty excited to have Henry and Ebron. Henry already has a prominent role and will eventually replace Gates as one of Rivers favorites. Ebron should get more red-zone looks with Boldin gone. Smith is a flyer for the future.
IDPs - E. Kendricks (14.5), V. Burfict (17.8), C. Kirksey (19.8). All young LBs with high total tackles last yr - a prime scoring point in this league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My average age is also 25. Oldest being Rivers/Big Ben at 35, Noah Brown the youngest at 20. A total of 4 guys 30 or older, the 2 QB's, Blount and Hightower

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, where's my team?

Is this the Brees league? :pound::pound::pound:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better late then never.

Going into the draft I knew drafting from the 9th spot I was missing out on the tier 1 RBs and WRs. Course I went directly to tier two RBs. Got bummed to see Lefty snipe Freeman right ahead of me, but no matter.

RB's: Melvin Gordan, Jay Ajayi to get that nice set of RBs right off. Feel these two give me perhaps the best starting set in the league. In round 5 couldn't resist drafting Lynch, behind that OL he should put up really decent numbers, provided he holds up. Fat Eddie in round 8, a committee RB, should make a decent RB4 and one injury away from Rawls of being the workhorse for a team that loves to run the ball. Sporles round 13 I felt was great in a .5 PPR league. Picked up T. J. Yeldon in round 19, think he's the pass catching RB for the Jags and could help in a pinch.
All in all my Rb corp look strong IMO.

WRs: Round 3 went directly for the best WR on the board in Doug Baldwin. In a PPR league Doug in a nice get.
Round 4 took a more risky pick in Devante Adams, was TD dependent last year and expect some regression, but looks to me like Jordy successor and expect to see more receptions and better yardage to offset a little regression in TDs. Round 6 Jamison Crowder, like his value in a PPR league and was hoping to land him. Round 9 Tyrell Williams preformed well last season and I like his chances to do the same this season. Then my rookie sleeper Kenny Golliday, I'm drafting this guy in all my leagues. He's going to have more TDs then any other rookie WR this year. Book it! After that mostly JAG with Marquis Lee and Pooh Richardson. Marquise Goodwin is going to be a good slot receiver, but may have to stash for a year to see results.

QBs: QBs went higher then I'm figures. 9 QB went before I drafted Matt Ryan in the 7th, was really shooting for Mariota, but Monkey sniped me. Still think I did fine with Ryan and really could not put off drafting a QB any longer the way they were getting snapped up. Got Tyrod Talyor in the 16th round and I'm good with him as a backup.

IDP: Kuechly, Shazir and Zach Brown. Someone tell me how I did cause IDK.:rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better late then never.

Going into the draft I knew drafting from the 9th spot I was missing out on the tier 1 RBs and WRs. Course I went directly to tier two RBs. Got bummed to see Lefty snipe Freeman right ahead of me, but no matter.

RB's: Melvin Gordan, Jay Ajayi to get that nice set of RBs right off. Feel these two give me perhaps the best starting set in the league. In round 5 couldn't resist drafting Lynch, behind that OL he should put up really decent numbers, provided he holds up. Fat Eddie in round 8, a committee RB, should make a decent RB4 and one injury away from Rawls of being the workhorse for a team that loves to run the ball. Sporles round 13 I felt was great in a .5 PPR league. Picked up T. J. Yeldon in round 19, think he's the pass catching RB for the Jags and could help in a pinch.
All in all my Rb corp lots strong IMO.

WRs: Round 3 went directly for the best WR on the board in Doug Baldwin. In a PPR league Doug in a nice get.
Round 4 took a more risky pick in Devante Adams, was TD dependent last year and expect some regression, but looks to me like Jordy successor and expect to see more receptions and better yardage to offset a little regression in TDs. Round 6 Jamison Crowder, like his value in a PPR league and was hoping to land him. Round 9 Tyrell Williams preformed well last season and I like his chances to do the same this season. Then my rookie sleeper Kenny Golliday, I'm drafting this guy in all my leagues. He's going to have more TDs then any other rookie WR this year. Book it! After that mostly JAG with Marquis Lee and Pooh Richardson. Marquise Goodwin is going to be a good slot receiver, but may have to stash for a year to see results.

QBs: QBs went higher then I'm figures. 9 QB went before I drafted Matt Ryan in the 7th, was really shooting for Mariota, but Monkey sniped me. Still think I did fine with Ryan and really could not put off drafting a QB any longer the way they were getting snapped up. Got Tyrod Talyor in the 16th round and I'm good with him as a backup.

IDP: Kuechly, Shazir and Zach Brown. Someone tell me how I did cause IDK.:rolleyes2:

You did just fine on your IDP's. You are looking for consistent tackles more than anything else and you got three good ones for that. An average week for your IDP is 7 points. A great week is 13 or 14 but that's rare. It's really more about avoiding the 2 point week than anything else.