• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all has to do with how much he's had to drink before looking. ..... maybe that one just flagged up first.

BTW - we'll be getting answers on where the rooks land over the next few days. ..... gonna be interesting since the mocks for fantasy position players have been all over the friggin place. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better come HARD if your going after the 1.1...just so ya know
Well, Day 1 certainly didn't reveal anything that would convince me to take that leap of faith.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Day 1 certainly didn't reveal anything that would convince me to take that leap of faith.
Same.

And going further into that feedback, whoever that player at 1.1 will be, he definitely wasn't picked by a team yesterday. (Shocker I know..huge news breaker I am)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same.

And going further into that feedback, whoever that player at 1.1 will be, he definitely wasn't picked by a team yesterday. (Shocker I know..huge news breaker I am)

You guys aren't big Drake London fans????

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same.

I actually think today is where the most noise will be made, since we'll likely see where the top RB's go and the remaining QB's/WR's.
The 2-WR trades kind of indicate just how ARI and PHI felt about the rooks, and conversely how TEN felt about them.. ... was kind of surprised to PIT trade up for Pickett as the 1st QB off the board when all the noise has centered on Willis - - but Pitchett is a homer so apparently PIT has a really good feel for him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think today is where the most noise will be made, since we'll likely see where the top RB's go and the remaining QB's/WR's.
The 2-WR trades kind of indicate just how ARI and PHI felt about the rooks, and conversely how TEN felt about them.. ... was kind of surprised to PIT trade up for Pickett as the 1st QB off the board when all the noise has centered on Willis - - but Pitchett is a homer so apparently PIT has a really good feel for him.
The Steelers stood pat and got Picket, didn't even need to trade up.
I assumed Pickett would be the first QB gone and that the Willis stuff was just smoke, but I did expect Pickett to go much earlier. Kudos to the Steelers for letting the draft come to them and not getting stupid.
As to the WR's, rookies aside...what I see, are the smartly ran franchises bailing on these WR's rather than ponying up the big $$. GB, KC, and now TENN., Dallas did jettison a high priced WR, but than they turned around and gave that money to an inferior WR, so they hardly fall into the "smartly ran" category. The trend I'm seeing is that GM's who know what they're doing, what truly generates W's, aren't going to have stud WR's past their rookie contracts much longer.
And idiot franchises like Dallas, OAK, Miami, may as well add Philly to the list, they'll keep flailing away in mediocrity wondering why they can never win a big one

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake on PIT with Pickett. .... a good move by them. Now they need to work on OL.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trend I'm seeing is that GM's who know what they're doing, what truly generates W's, aren't going to have stud WR's past their rookie contracts much longer.

it's a balancing act - have a live arm at QB on a rookie deal? pay up for OL and WR, immediately.
just paid your stud QB and/or pass rusher? prob not going to be able to pay for a stud WR and still build a competitive team on both sides

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, do I blow the #1 waiver claim on one of these asshats on the scrap heap or not? Might depend on how the draft shakes out tonight

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling that these rookie drafts are going to take a lot longer than usual because everybody's going to want to trade out of their picks. All of mine are available in all leagues. Even with the 1.4 in D1, it's not like there's really anybody that I hope falls to me. I have no confidence in any of them at least not as a 1st round pick. But then again, in D1 drafting a wide receiver on our team in that league would have no point :) And once again the two teams that need a running back more than any others going into the draft (Texans and Falcons) don't draft a running back in the first two days.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling that these rookie drafts are going to take a lot longer than usual because everybody's going to want to trade out of their picks. All of mine are available in all leagues. Even with the 1.4 in D1, it's not like there's really anybody that I hope falls to me. I have no confidence in any of them at least not as a 1st round pick. But then again, in D1 drafting a wide receiver on our team in that league would have no point :) And once again the two teams that need a running back more than any others going into the draft (Texans and Falcons) don't draft a running back in the first two days.

wait, people didn't trade away their 1st round picks before the draft?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did ....... and my 2nd

I have one 1st rd pick and one 3rd rd pick.....across 4 dynasty leagues, lol. I gave up on this class since I didn't have an early pick anywhere, lucked out that it was a poor year for both talent and landing spot. Not liking a whole lot outside of the top couple guys at each position. Good luck guessing which diamonds float to the top from the rough.

Season 20 Fire GIF by The Simpsons

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one 1st rd pick and one 3rd rd pick.....across 4 dynasty leagues, lol. I gave up on this class since I didn't have an early pick anywhere, lucked out that it was a poor year for both talent and landing spot. Not liking a whole lot outside of the top couple guys at each position. Good luck guessing which diamonds float to the top from the rough.

Season 20 Fire GIF by The Simpsons
Yeah I think the biggest problem in this one is that none of these guys are really worth moving up to get. If you have a pick like the 2.3, I mean I guess there might be a guy that you really like, but you might as well just let everybody start eliminating choices for you and take one of them that's left. He's probably going to have just as much chance to make a fantasy impact as any of the rest of them, which is exactly why there just haven't been many trades that involve 1st rounders this year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the biggest problem in this one is that none of these guys are really worth moving up to get. If you have a pick like the 2.3, I mean I guess there might be a guy that you really like, but you might as well just let everybody start eliminating choices for you and take one of them that's left. He's probably going to have just as much chance to make a fantasy impact as any of the rest of them, which is exactly why there just haven't been many trades that involve 1st rounders this year.

agree, there's a few options at the top of the RB/WR pools that look more tempting than the rest, but the rest all look like the rest