• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G Thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BM is going to put up some sick stats this season. The OL is going to be solid, both the running and passing game should improve immensely. The only question I have really is our defense? On a side note, the Northwestern game scares me more than any of the other games.

Probably the worst nickname for Braxton...:doh:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly won't hurt you. That said, you guys have GOT to improve at the QB position. With guys out there like Abbredaris and Pedersen, it's a shame you didn't have someone to get the ball to them last year. Both sides have very experienced offensive lines, which will be huge. I'm hoping Braxton's off-season work with George Whitfield worked, because that's gonna be our best weapon against you with you guys replacing 3 starting defensive backs. We've also gotta contain guys like Borland and Cankles Allen on the d-line so we can move the ball with the run. James White and Gordon scare me just as much as Ball did, so I don't see any drop-off there. With improved QB play on both sides, this year's game has all the makings to be a great one, but I would be surprised if it was a low-scoring affair like last year.

We might actually have a QB controversy this fall. Stave and Phillips are back and healthy. Bart Houston raised some eyebrows and has the strongest arm, and then there's the somewhat highly touted JUCO transfer McEvoy who was one of South Carolina's big hopes and dreams before he got hit by the NCAA for THC.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might actually have a QB controversy this fall. Stave and Phillips are back and healthy. Bart Houston raised some eyebrows and has the strongest arm, and then there's the somewhat highly touted JUCO transfer McEvoy who was one of South Carolina's big hopes and dreams before he got hit by the NCAA for THC.

Scratch that. I think I'm getting stories confused. Looks like he transferred because he was buried in the depth chart.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember seeing that Houston kid when you recruited him. The picture they used on Scout for him looked so gay, I felt bad for him. It seems like McEvoy may be the one to beat with Andersen's offensive scheme, though, no? Seems like he likes to get the QB involved quite a bit in the running game.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a tough week for Urban and OSU. Any updates on Hyde?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a tough week for Urban and OSU. Any updates on Hyde?

Most recent info on the video is now coming from a bar patron. He said Hyde went up to talk to the girl, she tried hitting on him, he said no, she got pissed and said something offensive, he yelled back at her, she took a swing at him and he pushed her face away. That's where the assault charge comes from. It's determined he didn't punch her, like she said he did. Sounds like he may sit out a game or 2, but not gonna get kicked off the team.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan isn't getting better at all. They had a terrible DC who they replaced with a good one when they hired Hoke. Outside of defensive schemes, the entire team is trending downward under Hoke. Whenever Greg Mattison retires or leaves for another pro job, that team is screwed.

At this point, it is the OSU and Wisconsin conference. In the long term, it will probably be the OSU conference, with Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan, and Nebraska rising up from time to time.

This year, the B1G champ will be decided when we travel to Columbus.

You're kidding right? Hoke took RR's recruits and won a BCS bowl in his first year, then was seconds from winning another bowl last year with a team decimated by injuries at the end. 3 straight top ten recruiting classes and finally able to implement the offense hes wanted to run since day one but couldn't because of Robinson. This will be a transition year for them I think but stil an 8 or 9 win season and a New Years Day bowl of some sort. Shane Morris at QB next year and what looks like 4th straight top ten class coming in.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding right? Hoke took RR's recruits and won a BCS bowl in his first year, then was seconds from winning another bowl last year with a team decimated by injuries at the end. 3 straight top ten recruiting classes and finally able to implement the offense hes wanted to run since day one but couldn't because of Robinson. This will be a transition year for them I think but stil an 8 or 9 win season and a New Years Day bowl of some sort. Shane Morris at QB next year and what looks like 4th straight top ten class coming in.

1. Your 2013 class was only your second straight top 10 class. Your 2011 class was pretty unspectacular.

2. I really like Gardner, and it sounds like he may be able to stay for 2 more seasons, no? I'd be hoping so if I were a Michigan fan. That Morris kid doesn't impress me at all. His stats were never great, he wasn't really much of a winner, and I don't think he has the accuracy or good decision-making you'll need from a QB for Hoke's offense.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard that a video seemed to have cleared Hyde but was unsure if Urban had changed to suspension on him yet.

Really you have to give Hoke credit for solid recruiting classes. And changing the program from Rich Rods mess to a West Coast style on the fly he has done really well.

As for Mattison as defensive coordinator I think getting recruits like Peppers and Charlton and Smith goes along way as to what kind of pedigree the guy has.

When OSU went from Tressel to Meyers there was not the same philosophy change. I will be intrested to see if Whisky has any drop off after Bielema took off.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard that a video seemed to have cleared Hyde but was unsure if Urban had changed to suspension on him yet.

Really you have to give Hoke credit for solid recruiting classes. And changing the program from Rich Rods mess to a West Coast style on the fly he has done really well.

As for Mattison as defensive coordinator I think getting recruits like Peppers and Charlton and Smith goes along way as to what kind of pedigree the guy has.

When OSU went from Tressel to Meyers there was not the same philosophy change. I will be intrested to see if Whisky has any drop off after Bielema took off.

There was quite a philosophy change from when we were under Tress, hence why most of the coaches from his era were canned. The approach was far, far too conservative on both sides (too many games we were playing not to lose instead of playing to win). The thing that excites me the most about watching them this year is the fact that Meyer has said last year's playbook was basically a watered-down version of what it really is going to be, since everyone on the offense was new to it. Sounds like he's done a ton of work this offseason with Braxton getting him more adjusted to the new plays he will be running this year.

As far as Wisky goes, they went from a Ford Explorer to a BMW in terms of coaching. Bielema was such a shitty coach. He had some great coordinators, but he himself may have been the worst in-game coach in the conference. Arky is going to be very sad. I really like what Andersen was able to do at USU, and I think his approach will transfer well to the B1G, unlike RR.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was quite a philosophy change from when we were under Tress, hence why most of the coaches from his era were canned. The approach was far, far too conservative on both sides (too many games we were playing not to lose instead of playing to win). The thing that excites me the most about watching them this year is the fact that Meyer has said last year's playbook was basically a watered-down version of what it really is going to be, since everyone on the offense was new to it. Sounds like he's done a ton of work this offseason with Braxton getting him more adjusted to the new plays he will be running this year.

As far as Wisky goes, they went from a Ford Explorer to a BMW in terms of coaching. Bielema was such a shitty coach. He had some great coordinators, but he himself may have been the worst in-game coach in the conference. Arky is going to be very sad. I really like what Andersen was able to do at USU, and I think his approach will transfer well to the B1G, unlike RR.

OSU didn't just junk the spread offense and kept the D coordinator. Their approach as conservative vs wide open are different but you didn't go from a drop back offense to the run and shoot.

I think the conservative nature last year had a lot to do with bringing Miller along slowly. Given the choice I think Meyer plays more SEC style than the slower B1G pace. And thats the biggest difference between Treesl and Meyers IMO. But you an't argue with Tressel's success.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Brady Hoke, the though often crosses your mind that he has either suffered a stroke or has been drinking heavily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Brady Hoke, the though often crosses your mind that he has either suffered a stroke or has been drinking heavily.

I love this video. I believe I posted it earlier in this thread or in another, and I tried linking it as much as possible on ESPN.

"Whooo's gunna touch theese kids?"

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, you got a fuckin dart in your neck.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor being Taylor: "I'm probably the fastest player in college football."