• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Americans

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Garage scene was amazing. One of the most stressful scenes in tv history, possibly.

But the very end was disappointing. But maybe appropriate as well. They realize they were fighting against happiness and joy and fighting for trash and bleariness. And realizing that they still would have done it over because they DID have big adventure and enjoyed their lives instead of the drab existences they would have had otherwise.

That scene was so perfect and Noah Emmerich was so good in this entire episode. I don't know if he'll be nominated but he probably needs to be.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Garage scene was amazing. One of the most stressful scenes in tv history, possibly.

But the very end was disappointing. But maybe appropriate as well. They realize they were fighting against happiness and joy and fighting for trash and bleariness. And realizing that they still would have done it over because they DID have big adventure and enjoyed their lives instead of the drab existences they would have had otherwise.

yea, I thought the whole finale was weird... not weird in the typical usage of the word... but on one hand they ended the way they had too, but on another hand, nothing really happened...

things I absolutely loved:

1. The garage scene- although sure, I would have liked to see some kind of violent reaction there.

2. The fact they never told us whether the wife was a spy or not

3. not focusing much time on Henry- having Hank talk to him at the end.

4. Paige's decision

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the episodes are free “on demand” with Comcast and some you have to pay to watch. I will miss it. It was very well written and had terrific actors.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I thought the whole finale was weird... not weird in the typical usage of the word... but on one hand they ended the way they had too, but on another hand, nothing really happened...

things I absolutely loved:

1. The garage scene- although sure, I would have liked to see some kind of violent reaction there.

2. The fact they never told us whether the wife was a spy or not

3. not focusing much time on Henry- having Hank talk to him at the end.

4. Paige's decision
I know they closed out Margot Martindale’s character in the previous episode, but it would have been nice to get one final scene with her. She was an important enough character that she deserved to be in the finale.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stan's a bitch.....should have done his job and took them down
No question. And even he knows/realizes this.

I was fully expecting there to be a scene of him turning in his badge at the end.

You could see his entire reality crumbling around him in the garage scene. He realized his best friends were Russian spies. He realized he was a bad FBI agent. He began to doubt his wife. His whole life just went up in smoke and he could do nothing but watch it happen.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. And even he knows/realizes this.

I was fully expecting there to be a scene of him turning in his badge at the end.

You could see his entire reality crumbling around him in the garage scene. He realized his best friends were Russian spies. He realized he was a bad FBI agent. He began to doubt his wife. His whole life just went up in smoke and he could do nothing but watch it happen.

IDK if his realization was that he was a bad FBI agent... he suspected them more than once... His FBI friend also convinced him that he was being crazy... I think he was just HURT... and I also think he realized how human the other side was... But I was still expecting more from him in the confrontation...

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fantastic show has come to an end. Despite not having a shootout or anything violent happen in the finale, I found the ending to be almost perfect. The garage scene with Stan was brilliant (and sad) but the Paige twist on the train was epic and dare I say, heartbreaking. These characters needed to pay a price, but being forced to lose your children is the ultimate consequences for these parents.

I will definitely miss this well written and brilliantly acted show.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fantastic show has come to an end. Despite not having a shootout or anything violent happen in the finale, I found the ending to be almost perfect. The garage scene with Stan was brilliant (and sad) but the Paige twist on the train was epic and dare I say, heartbreaking. These characters needed to pay a price, but being forced to lose your children is the ultimate consequences for these parents.

I will definitely miss this well written and brilliantly acted show.
i would have liked to see stan and phillip fight to the death by hand to hand combat....

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have liked to see stan and phillip fight to the death by hand to hand combat....
That would have been epic.
Elizabeth was holding a gun in her pocket. If Stan hadn't let them go, I think she was just waiting for the moment to take him down. I was thinking that was going to happen, or somehow Paige was going to get accidentally shot in a struggle.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, that finale was amazing. Seriously one of the best series finales OF ALL TIME. That garage scene was FANTASTIC. If everyone involved doesn't win Emmys, it will be a crime against humanity.

Looks like my hunch was right. Everyone made it out alive. And its crazy, yet fitting, that Stan finally outs them after all these years but lets them go. And that phone call with Henry, devastating. Then that scene when the train pulls off and they see Paige got off. WOW. Just wow. What a show.

I have some questions about the ending but still loved it. Will ask at a later point though.

You are right about the garage scene and I thought this was the timing of Liz to pop a cap in Stans ass. But no, and I liked the fact she didn't.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it would have been nice to see something EPIC happen in the finale, I respect how they ended it, and after seeing it, now I believe they ended it the BEST way possible... at least to keep the moral of the whole series...

The ending showed how the cold war had no winners, only losers... Stan Lost his family a long time ago in this series, Henry was more of a son to Stan than Stan's son was... and now, he lost his best friends, and lost his trust of humanity(not that he had much)... Not to mention now he wont look at his girlfriend the same way, and even if they broke up, I don't think he would be able to trust ANYONE ever again...

So he is a clear loser in this series...

Elizabeth and phillip- lost their children, went home to a country that they were not familiar with... Even though they were Russian spies, they truly enjoyed the American life, even if Elizabeth complained about how easy it was... and going back to Russia they realized how boring their lives would have been if they never left, but that could also be read that they don't want to go back to a boring life in Russia...

the ending was like the WAR... COLD!!!!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame I had to watch the finale with all of that dust in the room. Really did a number on my eyes.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
such an abrupt ending. seemed rushed. great show, tho...really liked it. what's up with keri russells eyes. she gets those weird veins popping out like that scene where she died in Mission Impossible

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the garage scene was fantastic and I agree with all of this. The ending was not what I was expecting and a slight letdown, but it still worked. I always thought Paige was going to bail on them eventually so that wasn't much of a surprise. It was a great series.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the garage scene was fantastic and I agree with all of this. The ending was not what I was expecting and a slight letdown, but it still worked. I always thought Paige was going to bail on them eventually so that wasn't much of a surprise. It was a great series.

but the dramatic affect wasn't about her bailing IMO... it was about Elizabeth and phillip losing EVERYTHING...

the more i think about it the ending was almost flawless...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the dramatic affect wasn't about her bailing IMO... it was about Elizabeth and phillip losing EVERYTHING...

the more i think about it the ending was almost flawless...
Did you see their conversation looking out over their new city as contentment or depression?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was absolutely certain Phillip was just working Stan over to get his guard down in that garage until Elizabeth had time to cap him somehow.

Then I was certain Phillip did something off camera when they cut away from him looking at that family in the McDonalds. Like he called the police to report a missing person that looked exactly like Paige.

Guess I'm just a fucking idiot.

Can't say I wasn't a little underwhelmed by that finale, but it was still good. Final season probably the best season of a damn good show.