• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that probably helps you some. lol.

Their schedule is so tough idk if they were gonna catch us.

But yeah you’re right it wasn’t terrible

At least Ksate and Buffalo won. God knows I ain’t rooting for Davison unless it’s his death.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their schedule is so tough idk if they were gonna catch us.

But yeah you’re right it wasn’t terrible

At least Ksate and Buffalo won. God knows I ain’t rooting for Davison unless it’s his death.

That's probably true, but another loss basically eliminates them from being a top 3 seed IMO. At this point you're sitting in a really good position. Will be even better if Tenn takes down UK on Saturday. Honestly might be on the 2 line come Monday if that happens.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably true, but another loss basically eliminates them from being a top 3 seed IMO. At this point you're sitting in a really good position. Will be even better if Tenn takes down UK on Saturday. Honestly might be on the 2 line come Monday if that happens.

Man two would be niiice.

Wonder if 14-4 gets us a 2.

13-5 def won’t.

But if we take care of business at home and win 1 of the 3 road games that’s 14-4 and may be enough depending how teams do. If providence can tread enough water all 3 road games will be Q1

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man two would be niiice.

Wonder if 14-4 gets us a 2.

13-5 def won’t.

But if we take care of business at home and win 1 of the 3 road games that’s 14-4 and may be enough depending how teams do. If providence can tread enough water all 3 road games will be Q1

8-1 or probably even 7-2 down the stretch(assuming you make the BE title game), would probably be enough to get on the 2 line. 8-1 definitely would be.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think I’ve seen an entire team completely lose their cool at home like that. I don’t want to go off the rails but that might be the end of villes yr. pack it up

They're just not a good team.

A better question is how Duke let them get up 23.

UVA's gotta be saying WTF, they play flawless against us.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke trailed by 23 points with 9:58 remaining

Duke trailed by 19 points with 6:43 remaining

Duke trailed by 12 points with 5:00 remaining

Duke trailed by 7 points with 4:05 remaining

Duke took a 2 point lead with 14 seconds remaining

Duke won.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-1 or probably even 7-2 down the stretch(assuming you make the BE title game), would probably be enough to get on the 2 line. 8-1 definitely would be.

I feel like they don’t give much of a fuck about the tourney games ever.

The key will definitely be trying to find a way to pull out a miracle against Nova and sweeping that shit

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Chris Mack is a shitty end of game coach.

Xavier choked a number of times in similar fashion. But he's good at getting his teams to play together.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they don’t give much of a fuck about the tourney games ever.

The key will definitely be trying to find a way to pull out a miracle against Nova and sweeping that shit

That may be the case for other conference tournaments, but they seem to really factor in the BE tournament results for some reason. WVU in 2005, Cuse in 2006, Pitt in 2008, Cuse in 2009, Uconn in 2011 and UL in 2012 immediately come to mind. But that was with the old Big East. I don't recall it coming into play as much lately.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be the case for other conference tournaments, but they seem to really factor in the BE tournament results for some reason. WVU in 2005, Cuse in 2006, Pitt in 2008, Cuse in 2009, Uconn in 2011 and UL in 2012 immediately come to mind. But that was with the old Big East. I don't recall it coming into play as much lately.

Yeah maybe I’m just thinking from a Marquette perspective since we usually suck ass in it lol. 2010 and 2011 were good ones where wins really helped(especially 11).

But other than that lots of DePaul type wins or 1 and dones. Couple times we stayed as a 3 seed after losing right away.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah maybe I’m just thinking from a Marquette perspective since we usually suck ass in it lol. 2010 and 2011 were good ones where wins really helped(especially 11).

But other than that lots of DePaul type wins or 1 and dones. Couple times we stayed as a 3 seed after losing right away.

Yeah, if you're already a 2/3 seed, especially this year with the 1's gaining some separation, I don't think it will effect the seeding that much. Also, only playing 3 games, as opposed to potentially 5 like some other teams might has a huge effect. If conference tournaments started right now, with Minnesota being in the 8/9 game, if seeds prevailed, they'd play Ohio State, Purdue, Maryland and then Michigan State. Going on a run like that will probably bump your seed 2/3 lines. The more I think about it, it's probably for teams that enter conference play as a 7-11 seed, go on a run to the final/win it, and get bumped up 3/4 lines.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you're already a 2/3 seed, especially this year with the 1's gaining some separation, I don't think it will effect the seeding that much. Also, only playing 3 games, as opposed to potentially 5 like some other teams might has a huge effect. If conference tournaments started right now, with Minnesota being in the 8/9 game, if seeds prevailed, they'd play Ohio State, Purdue, Maryland and then Michigan State. Going on a run like that will probably bump your seed 2/3 lines. The more I think about it, it's probably for teams that enter conference play as a 7-11 seed, go on a run to the final/win it, and get bumped up 3/4 lines.

Agreed. It def helps those types of teams

Just saw, UL had 10 shots total the final 10 min wow

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke trailed by 23 points with 9:58 remaining

Duke trailed by 19 points with 6:43 remaining

Duke trailed by 12 points with 5:00 remaining

Duke trailed by 7 points with 4:05 remaining

Duke took a 2 point lead with 14 seconds remaining

Duke won.

Hey man, did your underwear get drawn up in a knot tonight?

This is why Coach K is who he is . . . he never quits . . . any his players don't quit on him.

Congratulations!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, did your underwear get drawn up in a knot tonight?

This is why Coach K is who he is . . . he never quits . . . any his players don't quit on him.

Congratulations!

Zion just went off as only he can do

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elsewhere, there are fans discussing which loss was worse for Louisville, surrendering a 23 point lead to Duke or last year when they were banked by Virginia.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, select quotes from an open thread elsewhere.

This motherfucking game is within our reach
Against one of, if not the, best motherfucking team in the country. Now if you motherfuckers are here and not in the arena, you better give us a hell yeah. We’e about to fuck Duke up, and we’re about to start a journey which will be known from here on out. Love you guys. Fuck Duke. Let’s do it.

Why does that woman behind Chris Mack always look shocked?
she looks like she’s witnessing an armed robbery

We may just cruise to a victory .
I hope so , my heart cant take many barnburners

Duke down 17 holy shit!
We can do this! We can freaking do this! Let’s GOOOOOOOOOOOO! Still a lot of time left, but I an just loving the energy and fight our players are playing with. They are NOT afraid if big, bad Duke.

Warning . Blowout ahead !!!

4th on Williamson!
LETS GOOOOOOO

Please don’t fuck this up
Please!

This is the best I've felt about our basketball since we won the title we didn't win
Thank you Chris Mack. I can lay across my bed like a heroin addict.

This game is over
Duke has tried everything . I here a fat lady warming up .

WHAT ARE WE FUCKING DOING!!! Need to play smart

What in the fuck are they doing?!

I still can't believe this is happening
This isn’t a pitino kind of game

Someone slow them down for the love of god

come the fuck on

Would like to thank everyone who called this game 4 minutes ago....

WTF are we doing/??

Fuck! Cmon!

Turnovers!

Really
What the fuck Cardinals

Fuck this.

Meltdown...... Chernobyl doesn't have shit on this game.

Damn. Just... Damn.

Just call the game, this team is an embarrassment in tight games
This is sub high school level passing by the whole team

my fucking god

I’m done watching. I can’t watch a meltdown like this.

All of the profanities. All of them.

I am not sure I can recover from this

MACK WTF IS PERRY DOING IN THE FUCKING GAME?????

Perry. Fuck

WHY IS PERRY IN THE FUCKING GAME

pissed this one right away

Fuck everybody who said the game was over 30 minutes ago.
With a rusty chainsaw
WTF

FUCK FUCK FUCK
WE LOST THIS SHIT
WHAT A JOKE

Fuck this shit

Hope these dudes enjoy forever being in Duke lore. Fucking choke.

Oh for fucks sake

Welp....

Fuck. Meltdown.

FUCK THIS FUCKING SHIT
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FUCK THIS UP. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU BLOW A 23 POINT LEAD IN 10 MINUTES. VIRGINIA ALL OVER AGAIN, FUCKKKKKKKKKK. IVE NEVER BEEN SO GOD FUCKING PISSED IN MY GOD DAMN LIFE

I'm still very optimistic about Mack's future career here.
I’m done with this team, however. Worst home-performing team I can remember (they’ve given us literally one or two okay moments at YUM! I can remember), and one of the worst at choking.

I am going to go vomit

then suppress this memory. I will see you guys at the psychiatrist in a decade when I start having nightmares about this

I just burned my Louisville shirt
I’ve never been as embarrassed as a Louisville fan as I am right now. Fuck this team!

Last edited: