• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

19 and 20 locations were already set, but the way this was written makes me think that the DC/NYC/CLT/GSO rotation is going to be a thing.

I'm old school and I still can't get use to the ACC Tournament being played anywhere but in North Carolina.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will @Great Dayne be back in time to give us his predictions for NC State vs Wisconsin?

Apparently he showed up on August 24th. My guess is he's waiting til they play and beat a team of significance for football.

His bball takes are pretty awesome (homerish) too. He thought Kobe King was a one and done prospect. Lmao.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he showed up on August 24th. My guess is he's waiting til they play and beat a team of significance for football.

His bball takes are pretty awesome (homerish) too. He thought Kobe King was a one and done prospect. Lmao.

Yeah, he's lurking but not posting. You're probably right. Him disappearing right after Wisconsin lost in the Big Ten CG, then reappearing after they beat Miami in the Orange Bowl is one of my favorite moments in SportsHoopla history. His explanation of going on vacation for the entire month of December was also pretty great.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm old school and I still can't get use to the ACC Tournament being played anywhere but in North Carolina.

Yeah, but there's now 15 teams in the ACC so it needs to be moved around more. With UVa being elite again with VT being an up and comer, DC is a great location for it. I prefer Atlanta to Brooklyn. More teams in a reasonable driving distance to Atlanta.

A rotation between Atlanta/DC/Greensboro/Charlotte makes all of the sense in the world to me, but the ACC doesn't agree.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's lurking but not posting. You're probably right. Him disappearing right after Wisconsin lost in the Big Ten CG, then reappearing after they beat Miami in the Orange Bowl is one of my favorite moments in SportsHoopla history. His explanation of going on vacation for the entire month of December was also pretty great.

It was also funny he showed up around the start of the normal B1G schedule, and talked about how Wisconsin was going to go on a run and they proceeded to lose to Rutgers and then lost like 6 out of 7 or something like that. lol.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but there's now 15 teams in the ACC so it needs to be moved around more. With UVa being elite again with VT being an up and comer, DC is a great location for it. I prefer Atlanta to Brooklyn. More teams in a reasonable driving distance to Atlanta.

A rotation between Atlanta/DC/Greensboro/Charlotte makes all of the sense in the world to me, but the ACC doesn't agree.

I hear you man but I think another part of the big picture is that like most things in life, it's all about money by having the ACC Tournament in much larger cities than Greensboro or even Charlotte to fill the hotels and restaurants in our major cities on the east coast. Heck, I'm so old that I remember when all of the ACC Tournaments use to be played in Reynolds Coliseum in Raleigh which was NC State's home court at that time. But you're right, with the expansion of the ACC teams and geography there are a lot of sites to pick from now.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU starting #17 in the AP, #15 in Coach's Poll

I like it better when we start out as "others receiving votes", then work our way up.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man douggie is being realistic guys but I can tell you this by living in the heart of ACC country, no coach in America can take young talent and develop them into seasoned talent by late February any better than Coach K can and if this happens, which has happened many times in the past, Duke will make a deep run in the NCAA Tournament.