• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The #7 pick

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to believe anymore fellas. I thought they were gonna take Smart or Randle, now I'm sold that they're gonna trade it away...and then Embiid comes out with the ultimate "my dog ate my homework" excuse. Embiid knows something...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said on the main boards, I'm intrigued by his talent, but his injuries scare the hell out of me. I'd rather play it safe and go with Randle, Gordon, Smart or Payton (not jumping off his bandwagon :lol:).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers believe they have access to superior medical care and their methods are superior. If they can "cure" Ryan Kelly's feet problems, I am sure they believe they can solve Embiid's. Unfortunately they are forgetting their colossal failure in their experience with one Andrew Bynum.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers believe they have access to superior medical care and their methods are superior. If they can "cure" Ryan Kelly's feet problems, I am sure they believe they can solve Embiid's. Unfortunately they are forgetting their colossal failure in their experience with one Andrew Bynum.

This!!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said on the main boards, I'm intrigued by his talent, but his injuries scare the hell out of me. I'd rather play it safe and go with Randle, Gordon, Smart or Payton (not jumping off his bandwagon :lol:).

Somebody sell me on Smart. I get he's got some talent, but at #7?? :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody sell me on Smart. I get he's got some talent, but at #7?? :noidea:

Nbadraft.net currently has him going to the Celtics at #6.

Strengths: Combo guard with a team oriented, winner's mentality. A strong, determined competitor ... Tremendous versatility and feel for the game ... Creativity. Great vision and passing ability. A natural playmaker. Strong one on one skills. Adept at creating shots for himself and others ... Strong shooting ability with a polished pull up jumper. Textbook form on his shot. Generates a nice rhythm on catch and shoot getting good elevation. Elbow extended. High release point. Consistent mechanics. Deep range ... Consumate leader ... Unselfish passer .... Seems to always be a step ahead of his competition. Great anticipation ... Extremely confident ... A tank. Strong frame and enjoys using his physicality to overpower opponents ... Can take the ball into traffic and finish with contact ... Explosive leaping off 2 feet ... Shows a willingness to get after it on the defensive end. Takes pride in being a guy that can lock you down defensively. Quick hands lead to a lot of steals ... Polished and advanced all around skills. Has a chance to be a difference maker the instant he steps on the floor for the Cowboys ...
Weaknesses: Solid athlete, but not spectacular. Not the quickest or most explosive guard ... Not likely to finish above the rim in traffic, but utilizes his athleticism well ... Uses hustle, brains and will power over sheer athletic prowess ... Lateral speed isn't the best ... Doesn't have a precise fit at either guard position. Undersized at the 2 and not a pure PG. A combo guard in every sense ... Can be a little too ball dominant at times. But that comes with the territory in high school when you're the star player ... Needs to learn how to run off of screens and play off the ball a little better, for times when he's asked to play the 2 position ...
Notes: Developed a reputation in high school for being one of the strongest competitors and top guard prospects ...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't consider Bynum such a colossal failure. The Lakers were able to take advantage of his most productive years and then unload him just as his knee's finally fell apart for good.

Kind of like getting rid of your car just before the engine blows up.:lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read if Embiid falls to #7 the Lakers will pass on him. Who knows with so much chatter on the internet these days.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider Bynum such a colossal failure. The Lakers were able to take advantage of his most productive years and then unload him just as his knee's finally fell apart for good.

Kind of like getting rid of your car just before the engine blows up.:lol:

I think you might have missed the nuance I was attempting to convey, TJF12. They didn't fail on utilizing his basketball skills and the timing they dumped him as you stated. They didn't quite "cure" his knee condition (if they even were aware of it) in time to prolong his career as they may have and often are accustomed to believing when they select a player such as Ryan Kelly. That is where they "failed".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might have missed the nuance I was attempting to convey, TJF12. They didn't fail on utilizing his basketball skills and the timing they dumped him as you stated. They didn't quite "cure" his knee condition (if they even were aware of it) in time to prolong his career as they may have and often are accustomed to believing when they select a player such as Ryan Kelly. That is where they "failed".

Yep, I did miss it.:L I agree, they definitely didn't "cure" it or even manage to extend his career.

I wonder if anyone could have caught it. If memory serves, he'd never had any issues until the first knee injury, which was kind of a fluke injury. It seems like whatever condition he suffers from didn't come to light until the 2nd knee injury.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, not bad. Wouldn't be horribly upset if we drafted him. But is he a guy that can help lure highly coveted FA in??

Maybe not as a draft pick. But if he plays as projected, I think most top FA's like the idea of playing alongside a pass first point guard with great vision and court awareness.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not as a draft pick. But if he plays as projected, I think most top FA's like the idea of playing alongside a pass first point guard with great vision and court awareness.

Yeah, I thought that was the idea. I guess whomever we choose, I want it to be a slam dunk!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching NBA TV mock draft and they have Utah taking Stauskas, Boston taking Randle, and LA taking Embiid!

If he wasn't going to be out for 4-6 months, I'd LOOOOOOOOVE him at 7, but not seeing it. I just don't think he makes it to 7.