• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2024-2025 NBA Basketball Season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned dealing Allen last postseason and Cavs fans went bonkers....

LOL.
Ok, what trade did you mention? Dealing him for Ingram was not a good deal bc you have to pay Ingram

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he learned that there is another end of the floor where you are supposed to stop the other team from scoring yet?

He made a nice block in his last appearance. Yet, lol? His first official game is tonight. Maybe give the rookie at least a game haha

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a nice block in his last appearance. Yet, lol? His first official game is tonight. Maybe give the rookie at least a game haha
he has played basketball for years without much defense. It's not like it suddenly becomes easier as a pro. Just wondering if it is something the coaches are pushing him on.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fucking Christ! I just can't seem to get over the salaries nowadays!

But hey, good for him!

It's hard to justify these contracts sometimes. When you think about something like $30M per for what, the third or fourth best player on your roster? It's funny how we nit pick that Ingram needs to take a pay cut while these guys are getting $150M.

I understand that TV revenue makes these franchises ridiculous money, but in the end these guys are playing a kid's game for generational money. The numbers are staggering when you try to introduce regular lives into this fantasy world. I brought that up while watching a fight during an NFL game this weekend. The guys involved were all likely millionaires fighting over supposedly getting disrespected. What a strange reality.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to justify these contracts sometimes. When you think about something like $30M per for what, the third or fourth best player on your roster? It's funny how we nit pick that Ingram needs to take a pay cut while these guys are getting $150M.

I understand that TV revenue makes these franchises ridiculous money, but in the end these guys are playing a kid's game for generational money. The numbers are staggering when you try to introduce regular lives into this fantasy world. I brought that up while watching a fight during an NFL game this weekend. The guys involved were all likely millionaires fighting over supposedly getting disrespected. What a strange reality.

To be good at sports you basically need to create some kind of mental angle

It’s crazy

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has played basketball for years without much defense. It's not like it suddenly becomes easier as a pro. Just wondering if it is something the coaches are pushing him on.

He went to Tennessee last year with the intent of broadening his game, only to have the team ride his back heavily forcing him into a huge offensive workload yet again.

He has his physical limitations (lateral agility and such), but he's certainly shown the effort this preseason at least.

Seems a bit odd to call out a rookie for his defense, when you could probably call out most of those drafted for that same fault (and much of the league overall). There are guys with max contracts that don't play defense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they would want picks and that isn't happening. I don't see a deal for these two teams. Honestly, I think KD plays out his contract in PHX or at least until that final year, next season

I'm sure the Pels would be very interested in an Allen trade, but not likely the Cavs.

Ultimately though, it will be hard to find a taker for Ingram unless his extension demands come down to reality. Otherwise, it has to be a team willing to trade for him basically for his bird rights as a rental. I don't see anyone throwing free agent space at him near the levels he's expecting, so any team interested will need a S&T with whichever team he is on (could still be the Pels really). Atlanta for Capella and Hunter/Bog? Blazers for Ayton? The trade chip graveyard Wizards for Kuz/Valanciunas (in Dec)?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went to Tennessee last year with the intent of broadening his game, only to have the team ride his back heavily forcing him into a huge offensive workload yet again.

He has his physical limitations (lateral agility and such), but he's certainly shown the effort this preseason at least.

Seems a bit odd to call out a rookie for his defense, when you could probably call out most of those drafted for that same fault (and much of the league overall). There are guys with max contracts that don't play defense.

Leave Bradley Beal alone…

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s probably the reason he dropped though

I mean he’s big and strong you can probably fake him as a 4 like the warriors did with klay at times last year

I’m really curious how he does. The late bloomers are always so fascinating to watch

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad that it looks like he is showing the effort. The only reason I call him out on it is bacause it was notably bad in the past (and he is an older rookie who may not improve much) and it is the reason I did not want the Pistons to pursue him despite desperately needing perimeter shooting which is his forte.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be better than the Cavs trading their best young player.

He fits in pretty well there. Let’s Mobley play more 5 and improve the spacing overall.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,606.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is truly back.
He has had the whole offseason. No idea how he isn’t ready but know he wants to play. Maybe he got hurt in the Olympics and they don’t want to admit it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had the whole offseason. No idea how he isn’t ready but know he wants to play. Maybe he got hurt in the Olympics and they don’t want to admit it.
Truthful I don't think he will ever be truly "healthy" again. If going into the postseason with a fully healthy team I think he can make it work but kinda doubting that at this point.

The best thing is him playing like every other 3rd game or something then saving himself for the playoffs. Problem is if PG13 and others are injured they are sacrificing a possible better seed.