• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already know that no coach is winning titles with bad players.

Just not possible.

It is a 2 way street. Both need each other.

Great players can win with mediocre, even bad coaching. But they win a whole lot more with good/great coaching.

Because players absolutely get criticized for not winning as much as they should, even when they do win.
This is fair......I guess I just have a hard time believing Phillip and Pop (and Kerr if you want to add him) would be the only coaches who had success like they did with the teams they had if others were given a shot. I mean, many think Mazzullo is a terrible coach and he has a really good shot at a title this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the same thing with Cleveland. Garland swap with Butler lol
Have seen the Butler rumors all over Cavalier fan forums with many of course Garland critics thinking it's a no brainer to get it done.

Interesting, I guess, but a possibly regressing 34-year-old who I think wants a max deal for a 24-year-old who despite a down year is kind of good and 3 years from prime seasons.........?

Is true, Butler is the type of player we could use, so I guess I get the rumors.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have seen the Butler rumors all over Cavalier fan forums with many of course Garland critics thinking it's a no brainer to get it done.

Interesting, I guess, but a possibly regressing 34-year-old who I think wants a max deal for a 24-year-old who despite a down year is kind of good and 3 years from prime seasons.........?

Is true, Butler is the type of player we could use, so I guess I get the rumors.

Given his age that has to be a one for one deal and even then...idk

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fair......I guess I just have a hard time believing Phillip and Pop (and Kerr if you want to add him) would be the only coaches who had success like they did with the teams they had if others were given a shot. I mean, many think Mazzullo is a terrible coach and he has a really good shot at a title this season.

See…

Kerr is not a great coach at all.

He is a good coach.

Give Kerr all of PJ’s rosters and I am betting he gets 4 or 5 titles.

Certainly not 11.

But I also believe Kerr’s strengths, like PJ are more people management and not as much basketball genius.

So maybe he does better than most with those rosters too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See…

Kerr is not a great coach at all.

He is a good coach.

Give Kerr all of PJ’s rosters and I am betting he gets 4 or 5 titles.

Certainly not 11.

But I also believe Kerr’s strengths, like PJ are more people management and not as much basketball genius.

So maybe he does better than most with those rosters too.
I don't think Kerr's great......though would argue his last title was more impressive than any won by Phil. would Kerr have won 11? That is certainly debatable but thinking many coaches would have won at least 5-6 with those teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kerr's great......though would argue his last title was more impressive than any won by Phil. would Kerr have won 11? That is certainly debatable but thinking many coaches would have won at least 5-6 with those teams.
You are wayyyy underselling how difficult it would be to manage Shaq/Kobe and MJ/Pip/Rodman.

And forgetting that people viewed MJ as a me first guy that couldn’t win big games before Phil game along.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked very cooked last year but maybe somewhere else he can be useful for 15 mpg

He's a great dude though, big fan of him, wish him well.

It is wild to me that a dude drafted as a slo footed sf (think Kyle Anderson) ended up playing so much at c

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to go to a team where they actually value the C position which is something the Warriors don't.

He should consider Denver, Pels, Kings, Sixers, and etc

Fun for the sixers

Just throw gs a 2 to make sure you get him as Philly

Abuse that cap space to get a decent backup for embiid but not wildly costly

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wayyyy underselling how difficult it would be to manage Shaq/Kobe and MJ/Pip/Rodman.

And forgetting that people viewed MJ as a me first guy that couldn’t win big games before Phil game along.
Truth be told I think the managing of them is oversold. There are plenty of guys coaches have to deal with and manage who are not close to the level of talent those guys have (though I do think Rodman is up there with any of them in difficulty). I think other coaches could manage with elite of the elite talent (and in some cases best ever if not best in entire league...sometimes 2 best) who maybe were not best of friends and had huge egos.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is wild to me that a dude drafted as a slo footed sf (think Kyle Anderson) ended up playing so much at c
For sure, that was the Warriors small ball system. Worked really well until they got old and the new blood faded (Wiggins...if he played like 2022 playoffs all the time they might still be contenders)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr is absolutely great, for similar reasons to other greats like Phil (meshing egos and stars) and Riley (having and installing a system, in Kerr's case ball movement and small ball). But I don't put him on their level,. He definitely deserves his spot on that top 15 all time coaching list.

Kerr won 4 titles as a coach. 2 of them almost any coach could manage, just like a couple of Phil's any coach could have managed. But could any coach get 3 3-peats and 11 total titles out of the players he had? I'd say no. Phil was GOAT of coaching superstars.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr is absolutely great, for similar reasons to other greats like Phil (meshing egos and stars) and Riley (having and installing a system, in Kerr's case ball movement and small ball). But I don't put him on their level,. He definitely deserves his spot on that top 15 all time coaching list.

Kerr won 4 titles as a coach. 2 of them almost any coach could manage, just like a couple of Phil's any coach could have managed. But could any coach get 3 3-peats and 11 total titles out of the players he had? I'd say no. Phil was GOAT of coaching superstars.
Hard to say for sure someone else gets 11 but maybe. Though for Phil could even argue his most impressive season was the 55 wins WITHOUT MJ.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say for sure someone else gets 11 but maybe. Though for Phil could even argue his most impressive season was the 55 wins WITHOUT MJ.
And in 2009 and 2010 he had prime Kobe but not 2+ all time greats and superteams like all the other titles

Winning titles is not easy even with a talent advantage as the LeBron era Heat showed us