• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing a lot of Ingram to CLE rumors. I know exactly who it would involve...Jarrett Allen. They have been trying to get Allen for awhile and if CLE wants to move to more of a traditional lineup than this makes sense but I am not sure I trust Ingram with his injury history.
I trust this FO still so if they do it I'd wait and see how it plays out.....but considering our record with and without Allen playing last 2-3 seasons I'd be surprised if he were the piece moved in an Ingram deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust this FO still so if they do it I'd wait and see how it plays out.....but considering our record with and without Allen playing last 2-3 seasons I'd be surprised if he were the piece moved in an Ingram deal.

I'd expect Garland, as they badly need a PG.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think he costs more than that? Outright 1sts instead of swaps?
Maybe they can get more elsewhere but I doubt the Cavs would move Allen for him. Though maybe a potential new coach thinks differently?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd expect Garland, as they badly need a PG.
I think he'd make more sense than Allen for us for sure. Would NO want him? Guy was pretty damn good pre Mitchell and even year 1 with Mitchell in the O catered more to him so I guess maybe. But no doubt he has not been that good this season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can get more elsewhere but I doubt the Cavs would move Allen for him. Though maybe a potential new coach thinks differently?

Yeah, they have him locked up at $20M per for the next two seasons. No reason to move him prematurely unless it's about the injuries, but that concern would seem to preclude them from pursuing BI. It will be interesting to follow...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but his value might be down for injury issues too.
I have no idea if NO covets him but that was a freak injury he had to his rib (or ribs). Played every game after game 5 in the season, though. Ingram a far bigger injury risk I'd think.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He showed it in spurts during the season. He made a few of those "Did you see that?" plays and he has a high basketball i.q.

As @The Q pointed out, USC was a bit of a mess this past season and he was playing "catch up" all season because of the heart issue. It was hard for him to get consistent enough minutes to show much.

Tough to carve out an NBA role as a 6’1” shooter.

Have to have some ability to create off the dribble.

Because even if he is a plus defender, his size is going to limit how plus he can be.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd make more sense than Allen for us for sure. Would NO want him? Guy was pretty damn good pre Mitchell and even year 1 with Mitchell in the O catered more to him so I guess maybe. But no doubt he has not been that good this season.

They're might be to the point where beggars can't be choosers, but Garland also brings those injury concerns as well, not yet reaching 70 games in a season. Maybe the Cavs fit for a BI trade just isn't as good as we might think.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because even if he is a plus defender, his size is going to limit how plus he can be.

Upside of Pat Bev maybe?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that size is going to be an issue for however long he's in the league, but smaller guys than him have made it.

He should lean into the 3 and concentrate on ballhandling and playmaking. Maybe be an "instant offense" off the bench guy?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that size is going to be an issue for however long he's in the league, but smaller guys than him have made it.

He should lean into the 3 and concentrate on ballhandling and playmaking. Maybe be an "instant offense" off the bench guy?

I’m not saying it is impossible.

But he doesn’t have nearly as much upside as the hype has made it seem.

Said this before.

If his name were Bronny Smith, not only would he not be in draft conversation, but he probably isn’t recruited by USC either.

His genetic tree added a star and a half to his recruiting profile.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His measureables compare similar to another legacy player; Gary Payton Jr. And that's his most likely path to NBA success too. Grind in the G League for awhile, be good defensively with a decent shot, make an NBA roster in your mid to late 20s.

GP2 looked way more productive in college than Bronny has though. But while I'm skeptical of Bronny, it is tough to evaluate. His cardiac event really throws a wrench into things. Prior to it, he did show some signs of being a potential prospect. Not a clear cut NBA guy, but one that you could maybe see making the league with years of development. But after it, its just hard to determine if his struggles last year are more due to his actual talent level (ie the flashes were just that, and this is what he is) and how much of it was a setback due to his health issues and in time, he'll look better.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's seeking endorsement from this shoe company...

maxresdefault.jpg
Shot looks good when nobody is defending him.

He won’t need to hit them at this clip.

Just needs to be passable in live games.

Some dumb ass team is going to reach for him.

I’m not hating on the kid.

But I see Pat Bev, minus the bluster or Jose Alvarado.

I don’t mean as his floor.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he’s not gonna be able to duplicate the Lou Will role.

Maybe Derek Fisher?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His measureables compare similar to another legacy player; Gary Payton Jr. And that's his most likely path to NBA success too. Grind in the G League for awhile, be good defensively with a decent shot, make an NBA roster in your mid to late 20s.

GP2 looked way more productive in college than Bronny has though. But while I'm skeptical of Bronny, it is tough to evaluate. His cardiac event really throws a wrench into things. Prior to it, he did show some signs of being a potential prospect. Not a clear cut NBA guy, but one that you could maybe see making the league with years of development. But after it, its just hard to determine if his struggles last year are more due to his actual talent level (ie the flashes were just that, and this is what he is) and how much of it was a setback due to his health issues and in time, he'll look better.
I love the Mitten comparison.

Chefs kiss, TurkyJerky.

1715710286856.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's Derek Fisher or Pat Bev ultimately (or somewhere in between), that's a great pick IMO.
Agree.

He’s more athletic than both of those guys.

So, I really love Turkey’s Payton Jr comparison.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GP2 got a lot more minutes too (and played 2 years at Oregon State). I agree, that cardiac event really was a monkeywrench. The mental block must've been tough in addition to all the offseason training that he missed.

He really should stay in school, but I guess learning at the pro/g-league level is a valid option (and his name should ensure that, at worst, he's a UDFA signing for the Lakers and playing at South Bay).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying it is impossible.

But he doesn’t have nearly as much upside as the hype has made it seem.

Said this before.

If his name were Bronny Smith, not only would he not be in draft conversation, but he probably isn’t recruited by USC either.

His genetic tree added a star and a half to his recruiting profile.
I keep seeing these weird ass Gary Harris comparisons.

Harris is 6’4.

I think Davion Mitchell is more appropriate and I’m not even certain Bronny can guard legit NBA talent to the same degree as either of those guys.

Nepotism will get him into the league.

It won’t keep him there, unless his dad gets the next expansion team.

He will be a Uber max player if that happens…lol