• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see above

That doesn’t affect the butler decision

You can’t r argue Simmons vs butler but Simmons back giving out is unrelated

The sixers misdiagnosing and saying he’s faking when he’s clearly not is a whole other issue

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think that matters. I think Butler leaving was the biggest mistake. They have a shot with Butler. Now they are just hoping Embiid carries them. Unlikely against a team like Boston
Yeah Simmons over Butler was a huge error. But the trade of Bridges has had the longest lasting impact. Even right now he’s the perfect 3rd option to Embiid/Maxey.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i missed the part where his back has been healthy enough to play 80 games for the nets?
It’s being called a nerve issue, all kinds of little procedures they do for those that get lumped into the back surgery deal. It has been stated now that it’s basically a pain management issue, so of course he isn’t playing. Let’s see how much he plays next year during his contract year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn’t affect the butler decision

You can’t r argue Simmons vs butler but Simmons back giving out is unrelated

The sixers misdiagnosing and saying he’s faking when he’s clearly not is a whole other issue

is it clear he isn't?

There are only 2 outcomes here

he has a return to form next year

or he retires

and what's funny is I see the former as more likely

and then someone will pay him

and then rinse repeat on back pain and emotional issues

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he left because

see above
I think there are different sides to being a pussy. I figured you meant bc he is a brittle bitch now. Once Butler came abroad he he became a drama queen too.

I guess in the end if Philly chooses Butler over Simmons this is all fine but you can’t blame them. Butler was moving from team to team. They should have known from his play on the court. Simmons and Butler are exact opposites now.

I would be surprised if Philly wins with this squad even with Embiid going berzerk

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s being called a nerve issue, all kinds of little procedures they do for those that get lumped into the back surgery deal. It has been stated now that it’s basically a pain management issue, so of course he isn’t playing. Let’s see how much he plays next year during his contract year

pussyitis

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are different sides to being a pussy. I figured you meant bc he is a brittle bitch now. Once Butler came abroad he he became a drama queen too.

I guess in the end if Philly chooses Butler over Simmons this is all fine but you can’t blame them. Butler was moving from team to team. They should have known from his play on the court. Simmons and Butler are exact opposites now.

I would be surprised if Philly wins with this squad even with Embiid going berzerk
The organization was still torn at that time whether to build around Simmons or Embiid. When Butler came they should have seen who the right player was. Embiid took to Butler immediately and Butler challenged him. Butler got the message right away from others that Ben didn’t want to be challenged. Ben threw a hissy fit when Brett Brown took him off ball during the playoffs and put the ball in Butler’s hands. If I’m in that front office the winner revealed himself there. That was Butler and Embiid. That wasn’t Simmons. They were in love with the skill set and they were scared of being wrong and have Simmons move on and go off elsewhere.

In most things in this world you have to observe and assess without emotion and then act decisively when it’s time to act.

Embiid Butler build gets you assets for Simmons when he was
2018 - ROTY
2019 - All NBA 3rd team, All Star, 16/8/8 and an elite defender emerging.

He was 22 years old. He would have fetched a nice haul of picks and maybe a better young player.

Embiid/Butler would have needed a knock down 3 pt shooter around them and maybe even two 3 and D guys in their closing group.

Oy vey…I can’t go down this wormhole anymore tonight haha.

Long story short, I don’t love everything Morey has done, mainly his fascination with Harden leading to no Halliburton. However, GMs will make mistakes and they all have flaws. But his predecessor Colangelo and the mess he left behind was just pure mismanagement.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The organization was still torn at that time whether to build around Simmons or Embiid. When Butler came they should have seen who the right player was. Embiid took to Butler immediately and Butler challenged him. Butler got the message right away from others that Ben didn’t want to be challenged. Ben threw a hissy fit when Brett Brown took him off ball during the playoffs and put the ball in Butler’s hands. If I’m in that front office the winner revealed himself there. That was Butler and Embiid. That wasn’t Simmons. They were in love with the skill set and they were scared of being wrong and have Simmons move on and go off elsewhere.

In most things in this world you have to observe and assess without emotion and then act decisively when it’s time to act.

Embiid Butler build gets you assets for Simmons when he was
2018 - ROTY
2019 - All NBA 3rd team, All Star, 16/8/8 and an elite defender emerging.

He was 22 years old. He would have fetched a nice haul of picks and maybe a better young player.

Embiid/Butler would have needed a knock down 3 pt shooter around them and maybe even two 3 and D guys in their closing group.

Oy vey…I can’t go down this wormhole anymore tonight haha.

Long story short, I don’t love everything Morey has done, mainly his fascination with Harden leading to no Halliburton. However, GMs will make mistakes and they all have flaws. But his predecessor Colangelo and the mess he left behind was just pure mismanagement.
Zaire smith not almost dying from allergies is a huge what if

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again. He’s had multiple back surgeries since

So it’s irrelevant