• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now- the Cavs are playing great ball- but I still think they are closer to the Knicks, Pacers, Heat than to the Celtics, Sixers, Bucks........

Mobley and Garland might be able to push them but they gotta figure it out somehow.
agree the Cs or even the Bucks...but we pushed Philly last year without Niang, Strus, TT, Merrill and CPJ.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Robs fault the Lakers fans think the league exists to supply their team
I thought they would go after Bridges, the Miles version.

But, his bird rights don’t transfer.

Since he only makes 7 mil, they could get outbid pretty easily to retain him if he has a decent 2nd half of the season.

You’d think he’d want no part of Los Angeles with his baby mama drama.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,640.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not noticed that he hasn’t signed?

They want to align PG/Klaw/Sloth deals to come off the books at the same time.

PG is great.

But, a broken toy.

I would want the security of max years too.
I had not.

Damn.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they would go after Bridges, the Miles version.

But, his bird rights don’t transfer.

Since he only makes 7 mil, they could get outbid pretty easily to retain him if he has a decent 2nd half of the season.

You’d think he’d want no part of Los Angeles with his baby mama drama.

I don't see him as someone willing to take a Laker discount

He's either getting paid by Charlotte or Detroit imo.

Not that I'm thrilled with having someone of that character in Detroit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs and Knicks are coming. The middle of the East will be heard from and maybe at my team’s expense. I don’t know that the Cavs or Knicks can win the East but in the right matchup they could take down Celtics Bucks or Sixers. And I haven’t even brought up the Heat yet who have shown they can sleep walk through the regular season and then do damage as a 7 or 8 seed.

East is clearly the better conference these days (and because Cavs fans are in the East, this statement won’t take us down a month long worm hole….i think).

Just one comment about that last part....no, I don't think the East is better this season as the West as a whole has been so much better to this point. But if you want to keep making comments that it is without an explanation as to how have at it.

I think the cavs can compete with Philly. Maybe the Bucks (we'll see this week....but no Mobley/Garland and not the playoffs). we might need the Cs to lose a key piece to beat them (and of course cavs fully healthy)

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,930.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shai and Antman building a rivalry that is good for the league. Shai won this round while responding to Ants postgame comments about getting calls.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George still out there.

He clearly wants more years than the Clippers are willing to offer.

I would like to have Paul George. Not sure I want the Sixers to commit to a 4 year max contract for a 33 year old player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Cleveland it's very tempting to move Garland given this run and the defensive and rebounding liability having Mitchell and Garland is come playoff time.
I'd consider moving Garland or Mitchell for a stud wing and trust this FO if that's the way they want to go.

No doubt the rebounding by our guards (not just them) was a huge issue in the playoffs.....hoping Strus or even CPJ could change that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one comment about that last part....no, I don't think the East is better this season as the West as a whole has been so much better to this point. But if you want to keep making comments that it is without an explanation as to how have at it.

I think the cavs can compete with Philly. Maybe the Bucks (we'll see this week....but no Mobley/Garland and not the playoffs). we might need the Cs to lose a key piece to beat them (and of course cavs fully healthy)

The East has an embarrassing bottom that holds it back

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that they want cap space this offseason but that space doesn't do you any good if there aren't any players to sign.

I guess the bigger question is who can the Sixers make a move for that would actually improve the roster?
Dejounte Murray, Caruso

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland immediately gets them Dejounte and they may even get a pick out of that. Garland is probably the player with the greater value.
I wouldn't do it...not sure Atlanta would either. Garland and Young together?

Cannot be sure but if we moved Garland - and still don;t think we will unless he just doesn't fit when he returns - I think would be for a stud SF.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs are on a really hot streak right now. Particularly on the shooting side. Unlikely that they will keep shooting at this level, especially as they start to play tougher game. We'll see how they do in the next 3 games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is reaching absurd levels now

So now Cleveland is dealing Mitchell for the Lakers poo poo platter?

You understand that "expected to show interest in " and making the deal are very different things, right?

I mean, it's not even to the "have shown interest in" stage...which is still a long way away.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,640.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You understand that "expected to show interest in " and making the deal are very different things, right?

I mean, it's not even to the "have shown interest in" stage...which is still a long way away.
Yeah....good point.

LOL.