• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East is tough at the top but this is the year they gotta push through
Some talking heads have the 6ers snuffing the Celtics.

I could see them beating the Deer.

I don’t see anyone but Denver having a chance at beating a healthy Celtics.

I think this is their year, unless Philly makes a trade.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they have to make a trade. They have picks and a superstar to build around.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the discussion here I figure Tobias expiring, Furkman, one first and a pick swap should get you KD.

That way Phoenix can go sign some fringe top 100 player to an inflated deal

winning#
This would be a summer deal. If Sixers just move some deck chairs for some depth this trade deadline AND KD really does want out (I’m just fucking around he likely doesn’t) the Sixers can offer 4 firsts with cap space to swallow most of his salary without Suns having to take too much back in salary.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are.

Paper Tigers.
People are gonna hate me for saying this but:
Only teams that I think can win the West are Nuggets, Clippers, and Suns. T’Wolves are in the process of getting exposed and as good as OKC is, playoffs are a different animal. Kings discovered that last year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East is tough at the top but this is the year they gotta push through
Just one time…one time…I’d like to see a healthy Embiid in the playoffs. Just one time.

I hope he only plays 60-64 games and the new rule looks fugaze because in the games he plays he leaves no doubt he’s the MVP and 1st team All NBA

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sixers are better built to beat the Celtics now than they’ve ever been. They actually have athletic wings that can defend to try and combat the Jays. I think they need one more piece. Zinger is a really tough matchup though. You can’t have him pulling Embiid away from the rack.

The pathway to beating the Celtics is presenting the opportunity to bang that matchup because the Jays aren’t built to defer. They’ll still get their shots up and get away from that matchup.

Additionally, Joe Mazzulla is a shit show and can be exposed in a 7 game series. The biggest reason I wanted Doc gone is because that mother fucker actually got out coached by Joe Bag O Donuts.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only teams that I think can win the West are Nuggets, Clippers, and Suns. T’Wolves are in the process of getting exposed and as good as OKC is, playoffs are a different animal. Kings discovered that last year.
No hate, history says you are right. But this Thunder team is not doing anything according to plan. I think everyone knows beating them 4 times is going to be a chore. Anxious to see what happens at the deadline.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs and Knicks are coming. The middle of the East will be heard from and maybe at my team’s expense. I don’t know that the Cavs or Knicks can win the East but in the right matchup they could take down Celtics Bucks or Sixers. And I haven’t even brought up the Heat yet who have shown they can sleep walk through the regular season and then do damage as a 7 or 8 seed.

East is clearly the better conference these days (and because Cavs fans are in the East, this statement won’t take us down a month long worm hole….i think).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need ANT to find another gear. The offense can't flow through KAT

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate, history says you are right. But this Thunder team is not doing anything according to plan. I think everyone knows beating them 4 times is going to be a chore. Anxious to see what happens at the deadline.
Playoffs is about finding a way to win 4 games out of 7 when the opponent takes away the team’s best 3-4 actions that they run and mitigating defensive mismatches. I’m not here saying that the Thunder can’t because of talent or fit on their squad. It’s all about “you don’t know until you know”. It seems like with the exception of Kobe everybody has had to fail in the playoffs to learn what they really need in adaptation before they can win big.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers are better built to beat the Celtics now than they’ve ever been. They actually have athletic wings that can defend to try and combat the Jays. I think they need one more piece. Zinger is a really tough matchup though. You can’t have him pulling Embiid away from the rack.

The pathway to beating the Celtics is presenting the opportunity to bang that matchup because the Jays aren’t built to defer. They’ll still get their shots up and get away from that matchup.

Additionally, Joe Mazzulla is a shit show and can be exposed in a 7 game series. The biggest reason I wanted Doc gone is because that mother fucker actually got out coached by Joe Bag O Donuts.

He did not

Getting to a game 7 was proof doc outcoached him

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs is about finding a way to win 4 games out of 7 when the opponent takes away the team’s best 3-4 actions that they run and mitigating defensive mismatches. I’m not here saying that the Thunder can’t because of talent or fit on their squad. It’s all about “you don’t know until you know”. It seems like with the exception of Kobe everybody has had to fail in the playoffs to learn what they really need in adaptation before they can win big.
Makes sense, I get it. But as was written in the midseason grades article I posted yesterday, the Thunder have the youngest team ever to be this well rounded. The chemistry is unreal, they are like a college team in terms of togetherness. Everything says you are right, but beating them 4 times is going to shred whoever can do it. Lot of time for things to change, we will see.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs and Knicks are coming. The middle of the East will be heard from and maybe at my team’s expense. I don’t know that the Cavs or Knicks can win the East but in the right matchup they could take down Celtics Bucks or Sixers. And I haven’t even brought up the Heat yet who have shown they can sleep walk through the regular season and then do damage as a 7 or 8 seed.

East is clearly the better conference these days (and because Cavs fans are in the East, this statement won’t take us down a month long worm hole….i think).

I said that about the Knicks recently....I agree.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not

Getting to a game 7 was proof doc outcoached him
Stop haha. You go to the troll well too often. Doc had no answer for the reinsertion of RWIII to the starting 5. No answer. This also didn’t help.

IMG_3801.jpeg

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense, I get it. But as was written in the midseason grades article I posted yesterday, the Thunder have the youngest team ever to be this well rounded. The chemistry is unreal, they are like a college team in terms of togetherness. Everything says you are right, but beating them 4 times is going to shred whoever can do it. Lot of time for things to change, we will see.
Are you in favor of Presti looking at a wide open West and bringing in a vet with playoff success to be a complimentary piece to the main core?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that about the Knicks recently....I agree.
I still think the Knicks might have one more move. I don’t know if it comes this deadline or if it’s this summer.