• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes like I said you take your core 4 I mentioned that are outscoring teams handedly and build a consistent lineup. Obviously with the trade that throws that in flux but subbing patterns should be

starter
duren
Stew
Bojan (player x)
Ivey
Cade

then I'm subbing Stew first for Ausar or Knox or even both in for Bojan and Stew.

Then I sub out Duren back for Stew and vice versa while mixing Cade and Ivey out with Hayes and Burks (player x)

Knox can Galinari if he does decently...whatever. You can try Sasser for Hayes

but what I don't fucking do..and this is Monty ball all year is have lineups for extended periods of time where it's like

Hayes Burks Ausar Knox Wiseman.

Those groups are getting fucking smoked and it's malpractice to keep doing this shit over and over.

Fuck this guy. ugh.
Monty coaches like it’s hockey with full line changes. It may work if you have talent to the #10 spot, but not for this roster. There is no excuse (except injury) to not have Ivey or Cade on the floor at all times.

Also, this team plays best when pushing the ball. This is why Ivey should be handling; the ball moves faster down the court and between players than with Cade. Cade can run when we slow down in half court, but we need more off ball movement than what Monty runs with them sitting in the wings and watching Cade.

I also start Ausar over Stew for speed and use Sasser over Killian. Just get the guys some reps to develop and get see what we have, it’s clear we aren’t going anywhere this year.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty coaches like it’s hockey with full line changes. It may work if you have talent to the #10 spot, but not for this roster. There is no excuse (except injury) to not have Ivey or Cade on the floor at all times.

Also, this team plays best when pushing the ball. This is why Ivey should be handling; the ball moves faster down the court and between players than with Cade. Cade can run when we slow down in half court, but we need more off ball movement than what Monty runs with them sitting in the wings and watching Cade.

I also start Ausar over Stew for speed and use Sasser over Killian. Just get the guys some reps to develop and get see what we have, it’s clear we aren’t going anywhere this year.

Well clearing out some guys like Hayes will help

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t a true statement.

Ad and Prince missed 2 of 43

Bron and Dlo missed 4 of 43

Reaves played in every game so these 5 been available

These 5 been available 94% of the time

Yeah, I didn't word my post very well. The injuries through the rest of the lineup effected the starting group because they had to shore up the bench. That's part of why Reaves and D-Lo have had stints coming off the bench. When Hayes and JHS are playing significant minutes as they both have several times this season, you're going to be shuffling some lineups. lol

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a lot of games.

Reddish was inserted into the starting lineup earlier this season because Russ and Reaves were not playing well together. Reddish gave them a a better defensive presence.

Defend Ham all you want but his subbing patterns have been inconsistent and not very good. That is what I have seen.

Wild Turkey and I aren't just making shit up to get somebody fired.

Ham isn't some great coach. He is prolly average at best.

lol

If you watch a lot of games, you should be aware of the injury issues.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion.

The Knicks will be dogs vs the Bucks, Celtics or Sixers but they play defense. And the game becomes more of a halfcourt game in the postseason.

Not saying they make the Finals but they would be my sleeper pick to make the ECF. Sleeper pick being a team outside of the trio I already mentioned of course.

Especially, if they make another deal before the deadline.
Knicks aren’t better than those teams. In that series, MIL would have the two best players. BOS obviously better and PHI has been playing better to this point. It would be interesting to see a healthy Cavs team after adding shooting against the Knicks now. Knicks are a solid 4. Philly has the better duo and their depth is still really good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks aren’t better than those teams. In that series, MIL would have the two best players. BOS obviously better and PHI has been playing better to this point. It would be interesting to see a healthy Cavs team after adding shooting against the Knicks now. Knicks are a solid 4. Philly has the better duo and their depth is still really good.
Also Randle playoffs struggles is a real thing

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hate this comment from AD because in this league it is almost impossible to be completely healthy. You can deal with role players being out as the key is having your best players completely healthy. Lakers top 3 players missed a total of 6 games while if you look at Miami for example, last night was just the 11th game with Bam, Butler, and Herro all in the lineup but yeah it is extremely rare to pull up the injury report for any team and not see a minimum of 2 or 3 players listed

The difference is that you usually end up dealing with injury issues a couple of guys at a time throughout the season. They've dealing with several guys out at a time almost since game 1. Some, like Vincent have been to new guys that they're trying to work in.

As AD pointed out they've played a lot better when healthier. Hopefully, the silver lining is that they're getting past the injuries and will be healthy the rest of the way. I think Vincent is the only one who's confirmed out for awhile.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is far more talent on the team than what it has shown due to sabotage done by Monty Williams. This roster should be vying for a playin spot if used correctly and with one or two good trades could be a playoff team. Not a contender, the youth still needs development, but a solid team

well yea...when you consider a lineup with Stew Cade Ivey and Duren is outscoring teams at 10 points a possession. All too often we see Detroit compete and then totally fall apart later in game.

It's abundantly clear Detroits 2nd unit isn't working on their own and needs to be staggered in.

It was also clear Livers was giving you nothing offensively while lacking the skillset Ausar has yet minutes were going his way.

Weaver traded him solely to keep Monty from using him.

As you said not a good team but no 4 and 37 team should have a core 4 that is outscoring opponents starting lineups. they should be getting their doors blown off.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yea...when you consider a lineup with Stew Cade Ivey and Duren is outscoring teams at 10 points a possession. All too often we see Detroit compete and then totally fall apart later in game.

It's abundantly clear Detroits 2nd unit isn't working on their own and needs to be staggered in.

It was also clear Livers was giving you nothing offensively while lacking the skillset Ausar has yet minutes were going his way.

Weaver traded him solely to keep Monty from using him.

As you said not a good team but no 4 and 37 team should have a core 4 that is outscoring opponents starting lineups. they should be getting their doors blown off.
I do think some of that point differential is teams taking it as an off night though. With Monty’s coaching they know they can wait and only exert themselves for one quarter, maybe a quarter and a half to cruise to easy victory (though they’ve been closer again since the trade)

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think some of that point differential is teams taking it as an off night though. With Monty’s coaching they know they can wait and only exert themselves for one quarter, maybe a quarter and a half to cruise to easy victory (though they’ve been closer again since the trade)

for sure...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I was gonna say the Lakers if they trade D-Lo...but I looked and dude is 37. I knew he had been in the league for awhile, but holy shit...didn't realize he was that old.
The team he goes to is going to have to find $30 million of contract they can jettison for a rental. That’s tough to do and it’s like why are we doing this relative to what we gain with ball handling and a vet presence for 16-17 playoff minutes. You know what I mean?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a lot of games.

Reddish was inserted into the starting lineup earlier this season because Russ and Reaves were not playing well together. Reddish gave them a a better defensive presence.

Defend Ham all you want but his subbing patterns have been inconsistent and not very good. That is what I have seen.

Wild Turkey and I aren't just making shit up to get somebody fired.

Ham isn't some great coach. He is prolly average at best.
Every single coach in this league has trusted advisors they talk with. Blaming this totally on Ham is just weak. There is nothing out there that hasn’t been suggested to him by now. If he found a pattern that worked and didn’t go back to it I could understand. Maybe the GM will get as lucky at the deadline as he did last year.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is just such a fucked article title

but appropriate.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you not the king of expiring contracts for salary cap space?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
Oh wait...... deals that just benefit the 76ers......LOL.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single coach in this league has trusted advisors they talk with. Blaming this totally on Ham is just weak. There is nothing out there that hasn’t been suggested to him by now. If he found a pattern that worked and didn’t go back to it I could understand. Maybe the GM will get as lucky at the deadline as he did last year.

dude.

every single lineup combo with Reddish and James at point is a miserable failure lol.

That's an insane amount of stubborn.

It doesn't work on any level.

And if he goes back to it he should be fired.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

If you watch a lot of games, you should be aware of the injury issues.
Except, Russell and Reaves were healthy when Reddish became a starter and they moved Reaves to the bench.