• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you were sure about it you should be willing to bet any amount of money to win free money.

But you aren't sure......for good reason since he made an all star team while arguably doing less.

No way.

You got to give him enough free money to make it worth his while.

Maybe your 1K against his million?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

You got to give him enough free money to make it worth his while.

Maybe your 1K against his million?
But I'm not willing to bet 1K on something I don't think happens for an amount he'd never pay off. If I guaranteed he would make it I'd bet 10K to win 10.

If he'd care to make it $100K to my $100 I'm in.

I can see why you'd be the one sticking up for the guy who clearly exaggerated though. It's free money....he could get it by providing a venmo account. Not like he has to come get the money.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you were sure about it you should be willing to bet any amount of money to win free money.

But you aren't sure......for good reason since he made an all star team while arguably doing less.

Even his last 10 stats aren't enough to warrant a top 7 front court spot and it's unlikely 7 go. highly.

3 of those spots are Embiid Tatum Giannis

That leaves AT BEST 4 spots for him.

Does that mean I'd bet 10000 dollars to make 10? No. I'd not make any sport bet on anything of that nature. I wouldn't bet there would be a kickoff by 5 pm in the Browns game. Because something ridiculous could happen to delay it.

Allen is playing good ball. He's not playing great ball.

These kind of semantic esque arguments go well beyond sports discussion man. It's goofy.

Just like you arguing Devin Brown could start. Sure...he could start. If a fucking insane amount of things happen to make him the starter.

No one had Vegas odds on Joe Flacco being the Browns qb...but life willed it so. Thats the beauty of sports at times.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm not willing to bet 1K on something I don't think happens for an amount he'd never pay off. If I guaranteed he would make it I'd bet 10K to win 10.

I can see why you'd be the one sticking up for the guy who clearly exaggerated though. It's free money....he could get it by providing a venmo account. Not like he has to come get the money.

You and I have been talking sports a long time man. I'm legitimately concerned for you when you talk like this. Hope all is well your way health wise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even his last 10 stats aren't enough to warrant a top 7 front court spot and it's unlikely 7 go. highly.

3 of those spots are Embiid Tatum Giannis

That leaves AT BEST 4 spots for him.

Does that mean I'd bet 10000 dollars to make 10? No. I'd not make any sport bet on anything of that nature. I wouldn't bet there would be a kickoff by 5 pm in the Browns game. Because something ridiculous could happen to delay it.

Allen is playing good ball. He's not playing great ball.

These kind of semantic esque arguments go well beyond sports discussion man. It's goofy.

Just like you arguing Devin Brown could start. Sure...he could start. If a fucking insane amount of things happen to make him the starter.

No one had Vegas odds on Joe Flacco being the Browns qb...but life willed it so. Thats the beauty of sports at times.
To me goofy is guaranteeing something you don't believe is a lock. wouldn't you say Allen is having as good or even a better season than the year he did make an all star team? If the answer is yes seems odd you think it's a lock he cannot make one this season.

One guy getting outplayed or hurt or a healthy Brown improving a ton is "an insane amount of things"?

want to tell me I should just let it go when someone wants to exaggerate? I guess that's fair.......but that guy can also admit he doesn't really believe what he said.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I have been talking sports a long time man. I'm legitimately concerned for you when you talk like this. Hope all is well your way health wise.
Odd to be concerned, but since you brought it up been having issues shaking some intermittent dizziness and nausea but I'm OK.

Also OK if you want to exaggerate while not really believing what you said. does not cause me any worry for you.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me goofy is guaranteeing something you don't believe is a lock. wouldn't you say Allen is having as good or even a better season than the year he did make an all star team? If the answer is yes seems odd you think it's a lock he cannot make one this season.

One guy getting outplayed or hurt or a healthy Brown improving a ton is "an insane amount of things"?

want to tell me I should just let it go when someone wants to exaggerate? I guess that's fair.......but that guy can also admit he doesn't really believe what he said.
Where you often have difficulty is the language used by neurotypicals to discuss sports. When someone says "no way in hell the Giants bring in Ohtani" they aren't being literal. They are using exaggerated language to underscore a strong belief. People with your condition often see things far too literally. It's not a big deal but I once asked you if you posted like an asshole on purpose, and you weren't really able to answer the question.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah.

There is a very small chance Allen makes it.

Smaller than the odds you are providing. But not zero.

Risking $10,000 to make $10 is just dumb and you know this.

Which is why you are willing to take the other side even knowing you will lose it.

Because nobody cares about $10.

But if the stars aligned and he had to pay you $10K?

That is life altering for a lot of people.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd to be concerned, but since you brought it up been having issues shaking some intermittent dizziness and nausea but I'm OK.

Also OK if you want to exaggerate while not really believing what you said. does not cause me any worry for you.

Your need to win an argument to drive a discussion around sports to an absurd place has me concerned yes.

I'd also say no chance Pittsburgh wins the Super Bowl and yet their odds are 10 times better than what you're granting me in this ridiculous scenario you've posted.

Me risking small financial harm to win a meaningless message board discussion does not make me any more or less certain than Jarrett Allen will not be an all star

Whats next? I should offer the life of my child up that Devin Brown won't be the starting qb for OSU?

You want to do a reasonable healthy wager like I lose a 100 if he does just for GP...sure. why not. I'd consider a 1000 for you to put up 100 even.

But I'd also make a qualifier like Will Howard tearing an ACL is a no bet.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

Which is why you are willing to take the other side even knowing you will lose it.

This is why Vegas does these high odds future pay outs because every Rams fan will do 10 dollars and Browns then Texans etc

but only one of them can win the Super Bowl so Vegas wins every bet but one.

The odds he's asking for do not exist on a 1 on 1 basis. And for good reason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers biggest problem (aside from the usual injuries) is getting is team interested. When they're invested, they play as they should. Too often they aren't. That has to fall on Ham.

lol

Has to fall on him? The millions of dollars a year these guys are being paid and they need to rely on their coach to get them invested in playing?

How about being professionals and giving your best effort at work...especially when you're being paid millions to play a game?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you often have difficulty is the language used by neurotypicals to discuss sports. When someone says "no way in hell the Giants bring in Ohtani" they aren't being literal. They are using exaggerated language to underscore a strong belief. People with your condition often see things far too literally. It's not a big deal but I once asked you if you posted like an asshole on purpose, and you weren't really able to answer the question.
And as I said that's cool...but if asked could just own they didn't mean what they said, right? And, yes, I could just let it go. Maybe I saw the Brady Bunch "exact words" episode too many times.

I actually believe Tristan Thompson has no chance to be an all star and if anyone would like to put up $10 against my 10K I'll gladly take their money to use toward my takeout after the Browns game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was this supposed to be some kind of secret? Vogel was openly opposed to acquiring Westbrook and basically left it up to Westbrook to figure out for himself how to fit in.

I didn't want him to be fired, but end of the day, the coaches' job is to try to get as much as he can out of whatever players are on the roster...even the ones he doesn't want on the roster.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

To be fair I would not even ask him to pay the 10K if I won so would end up being no risk.

But I'll also make this offer to you....I truly do believe Tristan Thompson has no chance to make the all star game this year and if you'd like to bet otherwise I'll put up 10K to your $10? you in?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your need to win an argument to drive a discussion around sports to an absurd place has me concerned yes.

I'd also say no chance Pittsburgh wins the Super Bowl and yet their odds are 10 times better than what you're granting me in this ridiculous scenario you've posted.

Me risking small financial harm to win a meaningless message board discussion does not make me any more or less certain than Jarrett Allen will not be an all star

Whats next? I should offer the life of my child up that Devin Brown won't be the starting qb for OSU?

You want to do a reasonable healthy wager like I lose a 100 if he does just for GP...sure. why not. I'd consider a 1000 for you to put up 100 even.

But I'd also make a qualifier like Will Howard tearing an ACL is a no bet.
This has nothing to do really with winning an argument...you really seemed so sure and clearly you are not that sure. I guess you should also be offered the TT bet, too....I really do think TT has no shot to be an all star and will put up 10k to your $10 if you want to contribute to my takeout order.

Just seems odd to think a guy who is a former all star has no chance to be an all star in a season where a strong argument could be made he is playing better than his all star season. I mean, very good chance he will be at worse in the top 10 among frontcourt vote getters when 7 likely go so clearly he's a strong consideration as opposed to no chance. why you'd exaggerate like that? Only you can answer that I guess........as I said, though, guess I could have just let the absurd comment go.

As to the Brown bet/offer since I strongly agree with you I think I'd need more than 10-1 odds to make that bet.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I would not even ask him to pay the 10K if I won so would end up being no risk.

But I'll also make this offer to you....I truly do believe Tristan Thompson has no chance to make the all star game this year and if you'd like to bet otherwise I'll put up 10K to your $10? you in?

you're hung up on the difference between zero and non zero. Allen has a non zero chance to make the all star game but its less than one percent. Is 0 exaggeration? Sure. 0 is technically incorrect.

But where people chime in is the mere conversation that Allen should be an all star. As it stands now he's about 15th at best on the list of front court players. Cavs should and will boast on him...thats great. Doesn't make it a reasonable argument at this point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go eat man. You need it

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what’s the common variable? I’m not even involved today.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Vegas does these high odds future pay outs because every Rams fan will do 10 dollars and Browns then Texans etc

but only one of them can win the Super Bowl so Vegas wins every bet but one.

The odds he's asking for do not exist on a 1 on 1 basis. And for good reason.
OK....but if Vegas really thought there was no chance and folks would be willing to bet they'd do it.