• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kd should have stayed in Brooklyn or the suns shouldn't have traded for beal

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team is KD gonna asked to be traded to this time?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kd should have stayed in Brooklyn or the suns shouldn't have traded for beal

We still can't properly evaluate the Beal deal but I just think him and Booker are so redundant it's not going to net what they need.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow it’s almost like when he’s treated like other “superstars” when it comes to getting calls people all of a sudden have a problem with it.
I didn’t even watch the game. I just thought it was funny. Nuggets media has been harping on it for quite some time. Mike Malone sent a letter to the league office. The 18 makes sense. The Warriors don’t really have a 5 outside of Looney. I also found Nuggets Twitter to be pretty damn funny as well. Because Joel Embiid gets to the line a lot, the Jim Jones Kool Aid has taught them that free throws = bad. But for at least one day, shooting FTs was good and it was all legit to go to the line double digit times.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been nothing more frustrating in fantasy than how Phoenix is handing their bench.

I don't think they've had the same rotation one fucking time
They really don’t have one.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Luka not over the age of 25 yet?!?

Feels like he has been around forever already.
I think his pro career in Europe started at like 15 or 16. He was drafted over here at 18.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really don’t have one.

agree but they will sub in Goodwin for like a week straight and then DNP. The other night Azubuike had big minutes because of Nurkic and then they DNP'd him. Okogie starts and then he basically gets a DNP. They throw Littke in there half ass.

Point being they almost always have one guy that does well but it's literally never the same fucking guy.

It's brutal for daily fantasy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still can't properly evaluate the Beal deal but I just think him and Booker are so redundant it's not going to net what they need.

I think we can.

The Suns didn’t give up a lot

But it was always a questionable fit. And since Beal is on the sidelines more than in uniform, it is easy to say this is an L for the Suns.

Of course, it is an L for the Wizards also.

Because they held onto Beal for 3-4 seasons too long.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can.

The Suns didn’t give up a lot

But it was always a questionable fit. And since Beal is on the sidelines more than in uniform, it is easy to say this is an L for the Suns.

Of course, it is an L for the Wizards also.

Because they held onto Beal for 3-4 seasons too long.

Well yea on the Wiz. They've had a bottom 5 front office since the 90s. I'm sure there was a little light in there somewhere though. But any franchise that turns Webber, Wallace and Howard into Rod Strickland and past prime Mitch Richmond....well this is par for the course.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t even watch the game. I just thought it was funny. Nuggets media has been harping on it for quite some time. Mike Malone sent a letter to the league office. The 18 makes sense. The Warriors don’t really have a 5 outside of Looney. I also found Nuggets Twitter to be pretty damn funny as well. Because Joel Embiid gets to the line a lot, the Jim Jones Kool Aid has taught them that free throws = bad. But for at least one day, shooting FTs was good and it was all legit to go to the line double digit times.
It’s just funny that all it took was one game for Jokic to get the same whistle as people like Embiid, Giannis, and Luka for the people to come out of the woodwork demanding change. It’s acceptable when it’s everyone who isn’t Jokic apparently.

But hey nothing screams foul baiting like a guy who averages 6 a game.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just funny that all it took was one game for Jokic to get the same whistle as people like Embiid, Giannis, and Luka for the people to come out of the woodwork demanding change. It’s acceptable when it’s everyone who isn’t Jokic apparently.

Do you honestly think Jokics game warrants going to the line as often as the other guys?

Should we completely change how we ref games because Jokic doesnt draw as many fouls?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A big part of why Jokic doesn't get the calls that guys like Giannis, Embiid, AD, etc. get, is because of how he plays. He spends a lot of time on the perimeter. He's shoots well from 3 and he's the best passing big in the league and is at least in the convo for best passer in the league.

A lot of times it looks like the Nuggets have a point guard to bring the ball up and then Jokic becomes the point guard from there.

Guys like Giannis, AD, etc. use their athleticism to drive to the basket, they post up a lot and that leads to fouls.

Not saying calls aren't missed with Jokic, they're missed with everyone and not saying his 18 free throw night wasn't legit. Just saying that his style of play doesn't lend itself to a lot of foul calls. It's the same reason that teams that shoot a lot of 3's tend not to get a lot of calls.

It could actually hurt the Nuggets if Jokic started going to the line a lot because it would mean they aren't taking full advantage of his skillset.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of why Jokic doesn't get the calls that guys like Giannis, Embiid, AD, etc. get, is because of how he plays. He spends a lot of time on the perimeter. He's shoots well from 3 and he's the best passing big in the league and is at least in the convo for best passer in the league.

Guys like Giannis, AD, etc. use their athleticism to drive to the basket, they post up a lot and that leads to fouls.

Not saying calls aren't missed with Jokic, they're missed with everyone and not saying his 18 free throw night wasn't legit. Just saying that his style of play doesn't lend itself to a lot of foul calls. It's the same reason that teams that shoot a lot of 3's tend not to get a lot of calls.

It could actually hurt the Nuggets if Jokic started going to the line a lot because it would mean they aren't taking full advantage of his skillset.

Denver wins an NBA title and we are actually discussing whether the refs are biased against them?

What a world

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just funny that all it took was one game for Jokic to get the same whistle as people like Embiid, Giannis, and Luka for the people to come out of the woodwork demanding change.
You haven’t been paying attention then. This conversation didn’t start yesterday and your fanbase has been one of the leaders in the charge.
It’s acceptable when it’s everyone who isn’t Jokic apparently.

I never said Jokic was a foul baiter. I’ve commented a cult like fan base that lives to diminish a great player like Embiid because people defend him by fouling him and he’s skilled enough to make the defense pay when they put hands on him in order to defend him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think Jokics game warrants going to the line as often as the other guys?

Should we completely change how we ref games because Jokic doesnt draw as many fouls?
People don’t foul passers. He doesn’t have that explosive first step to instantly draw a block call. When he’s on the block he’s a back to the basket guy, and not a face up guy. He is face up on the perimeter and not on the block. I get it. That’s the mark of a great facilitator using the post to draw a double that you can pass out of.