• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twolves did an excellent job early of defensing the Embiid-Maxey pick and roll, as good as I have seen. But I think that by the third quarter, the Sixers kind of figured it out. The Twolves were overplaying the ballhandler so much that other guys like Harris could penetrate and find lots of room to the hole. They started breaking down the defense. And Embiid...well, he is hard to stop from the elbow when his shot is on. Yes, he is a free throw merchant and knows how to draw fouls. But he was also straight hitting his mid-rang jump shots, so he had Gobert in knots by the end, there was nothing Gobert and KAT could do to stop it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twolves did an excellent job early of defensing the Embiid-Maxey pick and roll, as good as I have seen. But I think that by the third quarter, the Sixers kind of figured it out. The Twolves were overplaying the ballhandler so much that other guys like Harris could penetrate and find lots of room to the hole. They started breaking down the defense. And Embiid...well, he is hard to stop from the elbow when his shot is on. Yes, he is a free throw merchant and knows how to draw fouls. But he was also straight hitting his mid-rang jump shots, so he had Gobert in knots by the end, there was nothing Gobert and KAT could do to stop it.

Embiid's free throw totals are quite high but considering the pace the league is at it isn't outrageous. Shaq topped at 13, Wilt had as many as 17 per game and David Robinson was also 11.

The thing that makes Embiid even more ridiculous is he's a very good free throw shooter which is extremely uncommon for someone his size and makeup.

Hakeem, Jabarr were kind of the gold standard for free throw shooting bigs and they're 10 percent less than Joel.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Wilt was a horrible free throw shooter...at points worse than Shaq.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This FT merchant narrative needs to be retired. Joel Embiid is unguardable with his face up game. He’s now not just a talented player but he’s an experienced player that knows how to take advantage of the way he’s defended. He opens 1-6 because he was being crowded. Defenders need to put hands on him because his first step is so good. He uses that to advantage and when the reach comes he rips through with his shot or shot fake. He got 3 guys in foul trouble in the 1Q. What did that get him? Room. He earned that room with his face up game. To avoid drive now the defender has to back up because they can’t cheat and put hands on him anymore. Rest of the game from that point he’s 16-19 from the field. It’s not like that’s a Gobert kind of FG % with dunks and put backs. Most of those 19 shots came from the elbow. This mother fucker has made a jumper from the elbow a lay up. We are witnessing greatness. I just pray that we can finally see him delivered to the playoffs healthy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see it. Joker taking money from communist China. Horrible horrible look for a man who comes from a country that’s been plagued by the horrors of communism.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more proof MJ was the best competitor ever..

Last night lebron loses , shakes and hugs every Knick player like it was his birthday party….

You think MJ would ever accept defeat in that way..

Fire leFlop

Got to love it.

Criticizing a great athlete for showing good sporting behavior.

This is how we teach our kids to show grace in defeat after a loss. Top pros set the example.

And yes. MJ shook hands too. Even with the Pistons. This is why it was a such a big deal when Isaiah Thomas led his team off the court without shaking hands after the Bulls beat them for the first time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fucking guy thinks Joel Embiid is most centers bwahahaha!

No, not what he is saying at all.

Dude was clearly wrong.

But that is a lot of points + rebounds to compile against a defense that does a great job limiting center production.

“Most centers” would have a much lower line.

Embiid was just better.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not what he is saying at all.

Dude was clearly wrong.

But that is a lot of points + rebounds to compile against a defense that does a great job limiting center production.

“Most centers” would have a much lower line.

Embiid was just better.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. It’s a foolish move to bet an Embiid under with the way he’s playing right now. I get saying number is too big so stay away, but taking an under? His worst game in his last 10 misses this number by 2 haha and in that game he only played 3 Qs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s exactly what I’m saying. It’s a foolish move to bet an Embiid under with the way he’s playing right now. I get saying number is too big so stay away, but taking an under? His worst game in his last 10 misses this number by 2 haha and in that game he only played 3 Qs.

Enjoy it now before he wears out his body by the end of the regular season unfortunately.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy who said to bet the under is not saying that Embiid is “most centers”.

I wouldn’t bet the under either.

But I get his logic

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid's free throw totals are quite high but considering the pace the league is at it isn't outrageous. Shaq topped at 13, Wilt had as many as 17 per game and David Robinson was also 11.

The thing that makes Embiid even more ridiculous is he's a very good free throw shooter which is extremely uncommon for someone his size and makeup.

Hakeem, Jabarr were kind of the gold standard for free throw shooting bigs and they're 10 percent less than Joel.
I think he made 17 of 18 last night

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy it now before he wears out his body by the end of the regular season unfortunately.
Thanks. I will. Sports if fun. What a treat to be able to watch one of the best of all time.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who said to bet the under is not saying that Embiid is “most centers”.

I wouldn’t bet the under either.

But I get his logic
His “logic” was dead before the 4Q started.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see it. Joker taking money from communist China. Horrible horrible look for a man who comes from a country that’s been plagued by the horrors of communism.

Same thought about Americans Aaron Gordon, Spencer Dinwiddie, and Caldwell Pope?