• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre wholly inconsistent. All that has “come out” constitutes a quality of information that just last week you were calling unreliable hearsay. Now it’s gospel? Very telling.

I didn’t make a comment today about the Thunder. I made a comment that for the rest of his career Giddey will be Jailbait Giddey.
People can call him what they want, but if it went down like it seems it may have reasonable people will just let it go.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding your point about confirmation bias, one could also argue that the folks who want Josh to be found guilty are gonna cling to any info that paints him in the worse light possible.
That’s very fair as well. What doesn’t seem to be in dispute though is that Josh Giddey slept with an underage teenager.
If Josh faces no charges, the vast majority of NBA fans aren't gonna call him Jailbait Giddey for the rest of his career.
I disagree. People don’t need much to ride a player, mock a rival, etc… in sports. This will follow him forever. Ray Lewis is still called a murderer by some, Ben Roethlisburger a rapist, etc…

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre wholly inconsistent. All that has “come out” constitutes a quality of information that just last week you were calling unreliable hearsay. Now it’s gospel? Very telling.
I’ve been completely consistent the whole time about the Thunder, which was basically the whole thing to me. I said after it came out that if he played the Thunder knew it was nothing. Then I said with every passing game i was more sure. Pretty much positive now. Let’s see if he is in the lineup here in a bit.

Ken Adams

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s very fair as well. What doesn’t seem to be in dispute though is that Josh Giddey slept with an underage teenager.

I disagree. People don’t need much to ride a player, mock a rival, etc… in sports. This will follow him forever. Ray Lewis is still called a murderer by some, Ben Roethlisburger a rapist, etc…
If it doesn't seem to be in dispute, I wonder why no charges have been brought.

Ray was charged with murder at one point, and Ben was sued by a couple of women alleging sexual assault.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it doesn't seem to be in dispute, I wonder why no charges have been brought.

Ray was charged with murder at one point, and Ben was sued by a couple of women alleging sexual assault.
Don’t dignify those cases being compared to this one, ridiculous.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been completely consistent the whole time about the Thunder, which was basically the whole thing to me. I said after it came out that if he played the Thunder knew it was nothing. Then I said with every passing game i was more sure. Pretty much positive now. Let’s see if he is in the lineup here in a bit.
This I will agree on. If the new info is legit the Thunder can’t be criticized for playing him.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr drew that play up so Draymond can take a corner 3 at the buzzer?

Really?!?

Dubs turnovers are becoming problematic too.
They looked stupid again late in the 4th....just like they did in Sacramento a few nights ago...which also resulted in a 1 pt loss.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I will agree on. If the new info is legit the Thunder can’t be criticized for playing him.
I mean I don’t know how else to look at it. I’d be willing to bet he told the team about it the following day, I mean they had to act pretty quickly in deciding to let him play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t dignify those cases being compared to this one, ridiculous.
I didn’t compare the cases. I pointed out that absent a conviction the court of public opinion among sports fans still throw these accusations at players. That’s what the Giddey situation has in common. The court of public opinion cares little about the quality of the case. It’s blood in the water.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t compare the cases. I pointed out that absent a conviction the court of public opinion among sports fans still throw these accusations at players. That’s what the Giddey situation has in common. The court of public opinion cares little about the quality of the case. It’s blood in the water.
I get it and you are right. Unless there is more to this though, I don’t see that here, happened to many a 19 year old. The thing I hope the most is that people will learn from this. It seems to me there are a lot of lessons here and for a lot of different groups of people.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. In your eyes it has but that’s because you’re a Thunder fan. The kind of early information you rejected because it hadn’t been vetted is the exact type of information you’re clinging tightly to now from the NY Post article because it fits your confirmation bias. This is actually rather common for people to do. I’m not picking on you. It is what it is. There will never be anything definitive at this point. He will be Jailbait Giddey now for the rest of his career.

Jailbait Josh flows better.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it and you are right. Unless there is more to this though, I don’t see that here, happened to many a 19 year old. The thing I hope the most is that people will learn from this. It seems to me there are a lot of lessons here and for a lot of different groups of people.
To be honest, the lesson learned will only apply to mostly famous people using a higher level of scrutiny. It won’t apply to most of us.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, the lesson learned will only apply to mostly famous people using a higher level of scrutiny. It won’t apply to most of us.
You don’t think there is a chance any minors will learn anything from it in terms of social media?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t think there is a chance any minors will learn anything from it in terms of social media?
Hell no. If they were going to learn these lessons it would have happened already. Kids and social media. Yikes.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. If they were going to learn these lessons it would have happened already. Kids and social media. Yikes.
If some kid gets in trouble for doxxing her maybe then