• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't wanna sound like Hurricane but check this out...girls HS game Friday in SC.

View attachment 347091You telling me they couldn't luck into making a layup or some FT's? LOL.

I don’t think you get the gap between a good girls team and a bad one.

I used to coach boys at a small private school. Both our boys and girls teams were legit. Won state titles, had multiple college bound players on each team.

On the boys side, every now and then 1 of the teams in our conference would be down and they wouldn’t have any good players. Might win by 50. But even if the team didn’t have any good basketball players, they always had some semi-athletic kids who had played basketball before.

On the girls side?

A bad girls team doesn’t have any athletes on it at all. Girls who are literally playing basketball for the first time.

You put that against a team of players trying to get to the next level and 80-10 is the kind of score you might get if the good team takes it easy.

At the college level, because a lot fewer girls play than boys, the gap between elite players and an average college player is way bigger than on the boys side too.

Games like that SC shouldn’t ever get scheduled. Because the coach isn’t serving their team if they tell their players not to try.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers-OKC game was fun and Chet is certainly a freak, but I can't help thinking he needs to do like 1,000 shoulder dumbbell presses this offseason every time I see him. It's tough on the eyes, this man.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you get the gap between a good girls team and a bad one.

I used to coach boys at a small private school. Both our boys and girls teams were legit. Won state titles, had multiple college bound players on each team.

On the boys side, every now and then 1 of the teams in our conference would be down and they wouldn’t have any good players. Might win by 50. But even if the team didn’t have any good basketball players, they always had some semi-athletic kids who had played basketball before.

On the girls side?

A bad girls team doesn’t have any athletes on it at all. Girls who are literally playing basketball for the first time.

You put that against a team of players trying to get to the next level and 80-10 is the kind of score you might get if the good team takes it easy.

At the college level, because a lot fewer girls play than boys, the gap between elite players and an average college player is way bigger than on the boys side too.

Games like that SC shouldn’t ever get scheduled. Because the coach isn’t serving their team if they tell their players not to try.
I covered high school sports when I worked at the Glendale News-Press for 5 years.

Just never seen a blowout that bad.

But fair point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are entitled to your opinion, we disagree. The team obviously knows more than we do. If we start suspending players no matter what 48 hours after accusations just watch all the crap that starts being put out there. The Thunder aren’t known for bad decisions, I’ll wait and see more facts, as you should.

I am not saying suspend.

I am saying you John Wall him. Keep him away from the team while the details get sorted out, but keep paying him until that happens.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying suspend.

I am saying you John Wall him. Keep him away from the team while the details get sorted out, but keep paying him until that happens.
I get it. Apparently the Thunder thought they knew enough to want to show support. I have always been of the opinion that athletes should be able to continue with their profession like they would any other until there is proof. Obviously if they break rules continuously they have to be sat down.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. Apparently the Thunder thought they knew enough to want to show support. I have always been of the opinion that athletes should be able to continue with their profession like they would any other until there is proof. Obviously if they break rules continuously they have to be sat down.

It is optics.

Way worse and more harmful to let the guy play and find out later he did everything that was alleged than it is to sit him out (with pay) and wait for things to play out a bit.

If a teacher is accused of something like this you think they get to go to work the next day while investigation is pending?

You are going to say it isn’t the same, and while I agree it isn’t the same, the Giddey mess is about 1000 times more public.

Does not hurt to sit him down for awhile. Probably best for him too. Let him focus on getting his personal life together.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is optics.

Way worse and more harmful to let the guy play and find out later he did everything that was alleged than it is to sit him out (with pay) and wait for things to play out a bit.

If a teacher is accused of something like this you think they get to go to work the next day while investigation is pending?

You are going to say it isn’t the same, and while I agree it isn’t the same, the Giddey mess is about 1000 times more public.

Does not hurt to sit him down for awhile. Probably best for him too. Let him focus on getting his personal life together.
We disagree, the Thunder had to have heard a pretty good story. You can’t give credibility to everything out there. No harm came of letting him play yesterday.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...I will front run the Cavs like I did in the Lebron vs Warriors years though. So I guess you could say they are my second favorite team.
You can root for as many teams as you like, especially when your main squad is on he struggle bus for another season.

Clippers, Thunder, Heat, whoever is playing the Lakers, Suns...in that order for me.

Nobody else gets to determine your fandom.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can root for as many teams as you like, especially when your main squad is on he struggle bus for another season.

Clippers, Thunder, Heat, whoever is playing the Lakers, Suns...in that order for me.

Nobody else gets to determine your fandom.

it's mostly just an Ohio playoff thing. other than that I don't care about the Cavs much

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s in the NBAs hands I believe. You can’t deny someone their livelihood on what is out there now.
Uh, teams sit healthy guys for full seasons to increase draft odds.

* see John Wall

So, of course they could sit him with pay.

Honestly, it comes down to what they value more...

Winning games or reputation.

But, that's only if he actually did something wrong.

....and only if its wrong in the eyes of the LAW.

If he didn't and they KNOW he didn't....

Sit him for what?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* see John Wall

Sit him for what?

I don't think there is any way they could know for sure he didn't do this

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a cop out. The Grizzlies acted first with JA Morant.
No, they really did try, behind the scenes.

Banned his friend, pulled his ass in for various talks...

Kid and his family was just on some clown shit.

But, what if Giddey has shown them prove that she is of the age of legal consent?

I think he's disgusting for trolling the school yards for dates when he is a multimillionaire.

But this is a legal issue, not a moral one.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* see John Wall

Sit him for what?
That’s the thing, if you have reason to stand by your employee why give credibility to anything. Absolutely no harm in letting him play. Reputation goes two ways, if you are right you are right.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any way they could know for sure he didn't do this
Am I missing some part of the allegations?

He is alleged to have banged a 15 year old sophomore, no?

Depending on be City/Srate/Country.....

If she was 16 or 17, it isn't illegal.

Disgusting?

Yes.

Illegal?

No.

If he can show when they met and she has a birth certificate, easy peasy....in this case.

As far as grooming kids, that's a different conversation.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people were as naive back in the day as they are now we would have had a farmer wearing a Celtics hat posting you know Larry’s a good kid but he does like to hang out with the sheep a lot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they really did try, behind the scenes.

Banned his friend, pulled his ass in for various talks...

Kid and his family was just on some clown shit.

But, what if Giddey has shown them prove that she is of the age of legal consent?

I think he's disgusting for trolling the school yards for dates when he is a multimillionaire.

But this is a legal issue, not a moral one.
I think it’s both.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the thing, if you have reason to stand by your employee why give credibility to anything. Absolutely no harm in letting him play. Reputation goes two ways, if you are right you are right.
Agree.

But ...

Only if he's innocent.

If he isn't?

The Thunder pit winning games ahead of protecting children from a predator.

That's pretty fucking disgusting.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this goes well for him is if they never had sex or if she was indeed 18 at the time they had sex. Unless some other poor girl got doxxed, she’s still in high school and not 18.