• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder in the ultimate let down spot at Portland on a back to back
Coming off of an OT game the night before. I’m torn on this one. On one hand you accept the realties of back to backs on the schedule and you’re like at least it’s Portland in that spot. On the other hand, you’re thinking it sucks that an auto win like Portland gets a little dicier because it’s coming in a back to back. Hopefully for you they do their work early and the 4Q is a chance for reduced minutes for starters.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you really know for sure what your team lacks until you see the group in some playoff series. In my opinion, it wouldn’t be wise now to part with their stock pile of players and picks until they can see what this looks like in the playoffs. OKC may be different and I don’t want to sell them short but historically when you have a young core they rarely explode on to the scene and are championship contenders immediately. Playoffs are different. Teams are able to hunt weaknesses better because of the familiarity of 4-7 games in a row.
Agree completely, just can’t imagine any moves at the moment because they are playing crazy efficient team basketball. Rebounding is the glaring weakness but Chet has taken it on to improve that. Lots of work to do, this is the 2nd close game lately where Giddey wasn’t on the floor late. They can still get so much better.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree completely, just can’t imagine any moves at the moment because they are playing crazy efficient team basketball. Rebounding is the glaring weakness but Chet has taken it on to improve that. Lots of work to do, this is the 2nd close game lately where Giddey wasn’t on the floor late. They can still get so much better.
I think the kind of guy they ultimately slot into the group will address the rebounding you cite. They need a 5 who can be an on ball defender so Chet can lurk off ball, screen and finish lobs from Shai in pick and roll, rebound at a plus rate, doesn’t need a lot of shots. I’m thinking maybe not this name but a guy like Clint Capela. They may want to tweak elsewhere in their rotation in the end but that’s my prediction for the “main piece” they’ll want to add using their stock pile of assets. The only kind of in season move I would make is a guy who can do those things. Maybe a guy like Drummond up in Chicago who is cheap and on the last year of his deal. OKC could throw salary filler of about 3.3 million at them and maybe a 2nd to get it done. The problem with Drum is you don’t want to play that guy 30 minutes. You do it to see what it looks like for 15-16 minutes a game to confirm the suspicion that is the kind of piece that rounds the group out.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some talk last night about whether you foul here to avoid the 3. I personally like that philosophy in theory but this is a tough spot. You almost want more time on the clock than 1.8 seconds. As you can see on the video the catch immediately leads to the gather. There are a ton of officials that will rule that the gather starts as soon as this potential foul could be given by the defender. The only way to execute this is to foul on competing for the catch. Some crews could call that foul on replay being taken before the successful in bounds. Then you’re looking at 2 foul shots and OKC ball side out for another potential game winning shot. If this is 2.8 I’m giving the foul. At 1.8 and reading the play, I need my player to not foul there. You essentially say, if you make I tip my cap and we go OT. I can’t lose the game here only get tied.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There isn’t a trade they could make that would push them over the top to win this year.

They need experience.

Every single one of their core players is under contract for next year AND they have plenty of space to sign multiple quality pieces or make 1 big splash.

Got to ride this year out and see exactly what you have, then use the cap space to fill any holes in the off-season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some talk last night about whether you foul here to avoid the 3. I personally like that philosophy in theory but this is a tough spot. You almost want more time on the clock than 1.8 seconds. As you can see on the video the catch immediately leads to the gather. There are a ton of officials that will rule that the gather starts as soon as this potential foul could be given by the defender. The only way to execute this is to foul on competing for the catch. Some crews could call that foul on replay being taken before the successful in bounds. Then you’re looking at 2 foul shots and OKC ball side out for another potential game winning shot. If this is 2.8 I’m giving the foul. At 1.8 and reading the play, I need my player to not foul there. You essentially say, if you make I tip my cap and we go OT. I can’t lose the game here only get tied.

Yeah, well contested shot.

He hits that 1-4 at best.

Think you have to live with that result.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn’t a trade they could make that would push them over the top to win this year.

They need experience.

Every single one of their core players is under contract for next year AND they have plenty of space to sign multiple quality pieces or make 1 big splash.

Got to ride this year out and see exactly what you have, then use the cap space to fill any holes in the off-season.
Presti is saying he is not trading for anything that he doesn’t know for sure he doesn’t already have. This is such a success story. For 4 years we have known Presti likes length that can defend multiple positions. Easy to say, harder to do. He is doing it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could get interesting.

His clothing line is called LaFrance which is also his middle name.

There's no rule against having your own initials tattooed on your body.
Yeah that’s a technicality, I’m guessing that’s how the ruling will come down.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could get interesting.

His clothing line is called LaFrance which is also his middle name.

There's no rule against having your own initials tattooed on your body.
The issuance of a logo for a recognized business will over rule the fact that it’s his middle name.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well contested shot.

He hits that 1-4 at best.

Think you have to live with that result.

You get him tossing up a prayer like that, you live with it

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Wemby will have his nights and you can see why he was the number 1 overall pick but when you come on to a team and are a major contributor on a playoff caliber squad and likely top 10-12 team in the league (or higher) when the season ends, you deserve the nod for that award.