• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q following up on our Caruso conversation. I was dead wrong on this guy’s value around the league for trade purposes. There’s going to 8-10 teams that are serious this year that would benefit by putting him on the roster. Among them, about 4-5 teams could see him as the final piece to what they need for playoffs.
- secondary ball handling
- All NBA caliber perimeter defender
- solid not elite 3 P shooter

The contract is locked in for this year and next at a beyond reasonable 9 million. That makes getting value in a trade rough when you are matching salaries coming with only 9 million of player coming back. The only way to add value to the deal is to go young rising players or picks. I think there’s going to be a bidding war if Bulls do it right and hang on until the deadline. I think he may go in the end for two first round picks. That’s a steep price and I would think the Sixers would be out on that. It’s a shame because the Sixers are one of the team you look at and say he’s the last piece the group needs.

Maxey
Caruso
Batum
Tobias
Embiid

Playoff bench of: Melton, Oubre, BBall Paul with RoCo and Pat Bev likely out of rotation but available for some matchups in a series.

Yeah he’s gonna land them two firsts

But he fits what you need can can keep him and have enough room for a max player this summer

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not be surprised if Embiid sits tonight. It’s BBall Paul time!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chet vs Wemby 1 tonight in the OKC

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle of the beans
YXS6K.gif

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh @Shanemansj13 others are starting to come around as well.

“Since the 76ers are winning despite losing their second-best player from last season, Embiid belongs as one of the Kings Of The NBA and there is no debate about that.”

James Harden wasn’t the Sixers second best player based on the eye test. Tyrese Maxey was.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Since the 76ers are winning despite losing their second-best player from last season, Embiid belongs as one of the Kings Of The NBA and there is no debate about that.”

James Harden wasn’t the Sixers second best player based on the eye test. Tyrese Maxey was.
Fair. Shane got angry at me saying Maxey is coming for Donovan Mitchell and by season’s end will be considered a better player.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. Shane got angry at me saying Maxey is coming for Donovan Mitchell and by season’s end will be considered a better player.
I dunno about that.

But we’ll see.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gman @Wamu @The Q Celtics Sixers again on Wednesday night. League schedule makers hooked you guys up. Sixers are on night two of a back to back. Would rather the Sixers sit Embiid tonight vs Pacers so he is fresh Wednesday night. They are live vs the Pacers without Embiid not so much vs Celtics.
Damn that's rough.

And I'm with ya, sit JE and have him play against the Celtics.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t you fucking dare Darryl Morey! Maxey’s early play should be proof positive they don’t need a volume shooter at guard. It’s just gonna quell Maxey’s development. I will admit he was a guy I wanted this summer when Harden was going out but after seeing the Maxey leap, the efficient scoring, the playmaking, the control over turnovers, etc… this dude and his game will just get in the way. He needs 20+ shots to impact basketball games. Even worse? His salary is so high that you have to part with Tobias Harris and picks. In terms of fit with the Sixers and an eye on actually winning something for the first time since I’ve been Fucking 7 years old Tobias Harris is the better player.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t you fucking dare Darryl Morey! Maxey’s early play should be proof positive they don’t need a volume shooter at guard. It’s just gonna quell Maxey’s development. I will admit he was a guy I wanted this summer when Harden was going out but after seeing the Maxey leap, the efficient scoring, the playmaking, the control over turnovers, etc… this dude and his game will just get in the way. He needs 20+ shots to impact basketball games. Even worse? His salary is so high that you have to part with Tobias Harris and picks. In terms of fit with the Sixers and an eye on actually winning something for the first time since I’ve been Fucking 7 years old Tobias Harris is the better player.

No thanks.
If they want to use us to drive up his price for somebody else, then by all means.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright…this makes me feel a little better. If they want to kick the tires on what Caruso would cost I’m on board. Zack Lavine and all UCLA fluke trash can go fuck themselves. Yeah @DJ , I said it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks.
If they want to use us to drive up his price for somebody else, then by all means.
See my Pompey tweet. Keith is a tricky follow. He’s a pot stirrer looking for click bait like the rest of them. But when he’s reporting on this kind of stuff with the 30,000 ft look and fueling rumors, instead squashing them, I think he’s coming with the real mindset right now in the Sixers front office.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 where are you on Lavine to the Heat? If interested what are you willing to give up?