• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for the perfect pass....LOL.

I mean the dude gets dimes. It's just that his usage is so high (because he holds the ball so long) it's not a flowing 10 dimes lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the dude gets dimes. It's just that his usage is so high (because he holds the ball so long) it's not a flowing 10 dimes lol

Yeah, that's the issue. He gets assists, but they tend to be fairly empty. It's like Westbrooks triple double seasons...looks great on paper, but how much winning did it actually lead to? Especially in the playoffs.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the issue. He gets assists, but they tend to be fairly empty. It's like Westbrooks triple double seasons...looks great on paper, but how much winning did it actually lead to? Especially in the playoffs.

I mean he’s made the conference finals a few times

How does this convo look if his second best player doesn’t get hurt?

He’s not getting bounced in round 1 all the time

I don’t love the fit but as long as the big 3 can move the ball a bit more and just not playing your turn my turn this offense can be devastating

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His system is based upon him being the most threatening scorer in the league and making reads on how the defense reacts to that. The problem is that he’s no longer that guy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His system is based upon him being the most threatening scorer in the league and making reads on how the defense reacts to that. The problem is that he’s no longer that guy.

his on off in the playoffs versus the regular season last year speaks to effort

Now that said...he's getting to the end for sure. There is only one Lebron.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t love the fit but as long as the big 3 can move the ball a bit more and just not playing your turn my turn this offense can be devastating
Starting to think that also. Health is the main issue....

They can field a lineup of Harden, RW, Leonard, PG and fill in blank for the C...that is a pretty scary lineup.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his on off in the playoffs versus the regular season last year speaks to effort

Now that said...he's getting to the end for sure. There is only one Lebron.
That is true and he is still playing at a high level.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,103.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll fit right in with the Knicks. They don't worry about such things lol.
As big of a Knicks fan I am your right they don’t need to worry about the playoffs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s far from over
Wemby seems to already be the #1 option and it is likely to expand. Chet is not. That is the biggest hurdle for Chet to overcome.

Not shocked but a bit surprised only a few games in Wemby is a 1a option.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have I missed something?

I remember him making the finals once with OKC before he became a "system" and I remember him making the WCF, I think twice.

If he can move the ball earlier in the offense like he did the 1st half of the season with the Sixers, it could work.

But if he does his usual dribble for 19 seconds before trying to draw a foul, shoot a step back 3, or pass like he did in the 2nd half of last season...it's not going to work.

One of the Clippers current weaknesses is their offense tends to stagnate at times. It's what got the Lakers back into the game the other night and part of why the Lakers won.

The Harden from the first half of last season could help that, the Harden from most of the rest of his career exacerbates the problem.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching him with the Suns at their old "Madhouse on McDowell" arena when I was a kid. Dude was a bucket.

One of the more underrated, underappreciated star level players in league history.
Just heard now that the Nuggets have won a title, the Suns are the oldest/longest running franchise to never have won a title

If/when the Warriors are out I'd probably root for them to win a title

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden's problem is a catch-22 from all angles. He wants to win, I do believe that. But he wants to win being the best player on his team, which is not going to happen. Harden doesn't want to be just a cog. He won't buy into the system because it requires him to give up some of his own autonomy during the games which he's stated is very important to him. But he can't be the system either because he's not the guy you can win a championship with being your best player.

So he's stuck in limbo.

He also wants to get paid. But the flip side of that is he's forced his way out of every team he's ever played on. OKC (no blame there, OKC should have paid him), Rockets, Nets, 76ers. How can you trust that he won't do the same to you? Can you really afford to max him out for a long term contract? Nope. It blows up the entire team and the organization will have to pivot.